Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Blaa

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

New (another) cafe on The Mall. There is stiff competition down there but great to see the humble blaa getting in on the action. Went in there for blaa and coffee, lovely bacon blaa with some sort of spicy relish. Started by some local, would love to see a bit on history of blaa on wall or something

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I only spotted this on Sunday while in at Spraoi! Lovely Blaa in fairness. The place looks smashing and nice to see a well kept shop front down there. Yeah I'd agree about the stiff competition but hopefully they can make a go of it.

I have one small gripe with the service on Sunday but it's not a big deal and I can understand it given they were so busy and are still finding their feet system-wise, so I'll say nuthin'! :D

le_blaa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

it must be just me but i think a Blaa just looks like a Bap .....when i moved down first i went to a shop and asked for a rasher bap and they gave me a Blaa , it wasnt till after i was told it was a Blaa .

Confucious say , Im confused :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

war_child wrote: »
    it must be just me but i think a Blaa just looks like a Bap .....when i moved down first i went to a shop and asked for a rasher bap and they gave me a Blaa , it wasnt till after i was told it was a Blaa .

Confucious say , Im confused :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    i think you like to wind up waterford people!!!!

leduke wrote: »
    i think you like to wind up waterford people!!!!

I think im engaged to a Waterford girl, i think i live and work in Waterford ...so ummmm no that cant be right Luke.

As i said just confused as to what the differences are between a Bap and a Blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A bap is a slightly different shape to a blaa, and has a different texture. It also has a lot less flour on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I think im engaged to a Waterford girl, i think i live and work in Waterford ...so ummmm no that cant be right Luke.

As i said just confused as to what the differences are between a Bap and a Blaa.

If you can’t tell the difference between a Bap and a Blaa you need to get your eyes checked because they look completely different. The top one is a Blaa.

Blaa.jpg

Stottie2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I know this is unlikely to happen in the present economic climate. But it is a pity more of WIT, such as the TSSG, could not move into the city centre. This would make businesses such as these more viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

BBM77 wrote: »

Blaa.jpg

Stottie2.jpg

Stop now, I'm starvin!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Ugh Dublin people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I think im engaged to a Waterford girl,

Jaysus war child, if I were you, I'd get to know her a little bit better before I marry her! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'd love a bacon blaa now.

The reason i posted it up is coz if anyone here has stepped out of their native waterford and travelled cross the pond to liverpool , the basically took what is technically a stew and called it a scouse , i thought the same was true of Waterford and the Blaa , everyone gettin all up in arms bout a simple question ......WATERFORD CHILL OUT ....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

You can still eat a bap the next day, a blaa will be as hard as hell(but lovely toasted) cos of all the Uranium 235 in the bap

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Jaysus war child, if I were you, I'd get to know her a little bit better before I marry her! :D

Its alright she spent 2 months in Dublin with me before i moved down shes been Diluted lmao :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

best of luck to Le Blaa. In this current economic climate, they will need it. We have seen too many start-ups going to the wall so fingers crossed for le Blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

The reason i posted it up is coz if anyone here has stepped out of their native waterford and travelled cross the pond to liverpool , the basically took what is technically a stew and called it a scouse , i thought the same was true of Waterford and the Blaa , everyone gettin all up in arms bout a simple question ......WATERFORD CHILL OUT ....:D

Easy mistake to make; like Coddle in Dublin, which can be easily confused for a mixture of sausages, rashers, and waste from a brown wheelie bin.

Easy mistake to make; like Coddle in Dublin, which can be easily confused for a mixture of sausages, rashers, and waste from a brown wheelie bin.

Oi muckslinger, donts be messin with the Coddle tis tasty stuff right there , was bloody raised on that stuff best gear for a cold ya can keep ur chicken soup lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Partizan wrote: »
    best of luck to Le Blaa. In this current economic climate, they will need it. We have seen too many start-ups going to the wall so fingers crossed for le Blaa.

bbbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I think im engaged to a Waterford girl,

Ha, you got there before me with that one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

I think this is a great idea for a restaurant in the tourist quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Anybody know it's opening hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had the sausage blaa with relish today and it was delicious. :)

It was lovely sitting out in the sunshine having something tasty to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I saw this place when I was in traffic the other day, seems a great idea to have a cafe based mainly on blaa dishes! Is it worth the trip down then, can you take away the food? I really like the place outside The Book Centre that does the bacon and sausgae blaas so any competition is welcome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

deisemum wrote: »
    I had the sausage blaa with relish today and it was delicious. :)

It was lovely sitting out in the sunshine having something tasty to eat.

I really shouldn't have read this right before I go to bed, Im starving now!!! Sounds gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

I was down there for the first time today and I give it the full +1 as did my missus. €7.95 for a lovely roasted ham blaa with relish and salad with wedges and a proper mug of tea and good staff service. Long may it last and its great to see locals running it and having great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Nas10 wrote: »
    €7.95 for a roasted ham blaa with relish and salad with wedges and a proper mug of tea and good staff service.
    They won't last long with those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

That's about a buck fifty worth of food and drink. For 7.95?! And they're on Facebook calling it a special! Le rip off if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Blaa, wedges, salad, tea, milk for tea, electricity to heat the tea and light the premises,insure the premises, pay the staff, and make a small profit?

Tough to do for less than €7.95 I'd say. Being realistic.

I've been in there before and enjoyed it a lot. I hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

That's about a buck fifty worth of food and drink. For 7.95?! And they're on Facebook calling it a special! Le rip off if you ask me.
    If you were to buy all that in a garage it would cost about 5.50 its decent value for a cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Don't see how you could think that's a rip off tbh

Advertisement