Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Events

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Ok so I know it's really really early :o but I thought a thread on different Christmas events might be a good idea. As we are mostly christmas nuts on this forum, I'm sure this will interest most of us although maybe not for another 3 months :D

Today I booked for the Santa Steam Train in December (usually sold out by the end of Sept) Its a kids event and it can be very expensive at 18 euro a pop and its only 2 & 1/2 hours long but its become tradition in my house.

I have looked into which Christmas show will be on the the Bord Gais too but, its Oliver so I am a bit disappointed as last year and the year before it was Scrooge and White Christmas.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am due a Christmas baby so can not plan too much!
    I used to bring my cousin to the Gaiety Panto and since I had my own I bought them to Santa's cottage in Rostrevor.
    I am worse then a child when it comes to Christmas,I love it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Last year there was a Winter Wonderland event in the RDS (I think). It ran til well after Christmas too. I didn't get to see it but think I will this year, if it's on

[link]http://7upwinterwonderland.ie/[/link]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Information on the light ceremonies around the city centre of Dublin can be found here....

http://www.dublinatchristmas.ie/category/events/family-events/

I go every year the Christmas tree lights ceremony in O'Connell Street and its lovely. We normally tie it in with the kids Santa visit and all family go, brothers, sister-in-laws, parents, grandkids ect. About 20 all together. We all go for a nice dinner and then I go home and put up my tree. Its such a lovely day - can't wait!

Grafton Street / Brown Thomas is on the 15th and again promise an international star. I hope its a bit better organised that last year when Michael Buble done it. AGS were stopping people from going onto Grafton Street from 4:30 and it was just a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

[QUOTE I have looked into which Christmas show will be on the the Bord Gais too but, its Oliver so I am a bit disappointed as last year and the year before it was Scrooge and White Christmas.[/QUOTE]
    Oliver is a fantastic stage show. I saw it last year in the National Concert Hall and it was fantastic. The place was full of kids (of all ages) and a great time was had by all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Galway Christmas Market starts Friday Nov 23rd (I think).

Leave the kiddies at home though, rocket fuel in abundance in the beer tent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jiminy Jilikers

Taste of Christmas was great fun last year... Never too early for Christmas!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Scrooge is being performed by "The Muppets" in Leinster House on December 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've booked for me, my mum and my Gran to go to the Andre Rieu Christmas Concert being shown in Movies @ Swords on the 24th November. Really looking forward to it! :)
    With the rapidly approaching holiday season, André Rieu invites you to his home for a festive Christmas Concert. The "Home for Christmas" concert is filmed primarily at Rieu's house, a romantic medieval castle in his hometown of Maastricht in The Netherlands. Together with his Johann Strauss Orchestra, soloists and choir, André performs 26 holiday classics in his snowy, beautifully decorated garden and Saint Pierter Church across the street from his home. "Home for Christmas" includes special guest performances by The Royal Choir Society Mastreechter Staar, The Sjamaes Children's Choir and 10 year old ballerina Rosa. The romantic celebration of Christmas, ranges from Christmas classics to emotional ballads. André commented, "I would never be away from my family around Christmas – especially now since I can enjoy the glowing faces of my grandchildren and their excitement when they see the Christmas tree and the gifts waiting underneath. I travel around the world for the whole year working hard to bring music and joy to my audiences and fans but I am always home for Christmas". As an extra bonus André will have a live satellite Q&A before the screening exclusively for UK & Ireland cinemas. Rieu’s celebration of Christmas is just what you need to get into the festive spirit.

I think I have just entered another event into my festive calendar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I promised the 3 goblins in this house that I would take them to see Disney on Ice (IF its still on anyomore/something similar)
    I promised them to take them ice skating (even though I can't skate, that should be a hoot)
    and I promised them i'd take them to see Santa. But this Santa in particular is a real show stopper Asseemingly. its €20 per child. you get real elves, live reindeer etc. :-) Gawd... I cant wait. I mean, they can wait.

• Advertisement

Dun Laoghaire have a festival going on until Jan. They have markets and an ice kingdom with a huge ice slide. I'm heading there today. They have a fireworks display at 5 today if anyone is interested. I know my kids love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

you get real elves
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Love2love wrote: »
    Dun Laoghaire have a festival going on until Jan. They have markets and an ice kingdom with a huge ice slide. I'm heading there today. They have a fireworks display at 5 today if anyone is interested. I know my kids love it :D
    Cheers for this. Nice afternoon out.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Cheers for this. Nice afternoon out.

You're welcome!

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement