Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home boarding in Cork?/Going away dilema.

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help with this one.

The whole family is going away this weekend and I need to figure out who's going to look after my dog Cato.

Originally I planned on Daycare and home boarding at Creedons Doggie Daycare here in Cork, but the weekend is after sneaking up on me big time and as they require a three day assessment and the soonest I can get one is next week, it's not much good to me.

I don't have a family member that can call in and i'm struggling to find a home boarding option.

Cato has just turned a year and has never been left alone for more then maybe 5 hours, so as you can understand I am very nervous about the whole thing :o.

Any help/advice appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Cat or dog ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Dog sorry! I actually thought I posted this in the Animals forum. Probably makes more sense to have it here anyway!
    He quite a big dog too I should probably add. He's a GSD X.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If he's house trained, and gets on with other dogs, send me a PM, I might be able to look after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

shame about creedons- their assessment is quite necessary and We have left our dogs with them and they were very happy when we came back but not at all traumatised.
    My bfs mams dog eventually went for assessment as he was spoilt and had a few bad habits- barking and jumping etc. He was just too hyper for them (neutered at this stage also) so they couldnt take him. Fortunately they dont leave home without him so it wasnt a problem, they just wanted him to make friends. He has improved a lot since their training course run by Liz o Mahony.
    i know its not much good to you now but in future I would try to get that assessment done. Its as much for your own dogs happiness and safety as the smooth running of the daycare. Hope you find someone good for now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Managed to get this sorted!! Thanks for all the help guys :D

all_smilz wrote: »
    shame about creedons- their assessment is quite necessary and We have left our dogs with them and they were very happy when we came back but not at all traumatised.
    My bfs mams dog eventually went for assessment as he was spoilt and had a few bad habits- barking and jumping etc. He was just too hyper for them (neutered at this stage also) so they couldnt take him. Fortunately they dont leave home without him so it wasnt a problem, they just wanted him to make friends. He has improved a lot since their training course run by Liz o Mahony.
    i know its not much good to you now but in future I would try to get that assessment done. Its as much for your own dogs happiness and safety as the smooth running of the daycare. Hope you find someone good for now tho!

I've dealt with Creedons before a few times and while they're very good at what they do I have found their customer service really bad...

I appreciate the need for the assessment and it's great that they do it, but three days is a bit excessive tbh.

That said i'l probably end up doing the assessment in the future. Not because I particularly want to deal with them, but because they're aren't a whole lot of options in the Cork area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Glad you got sorted.>enjoy the trip

Advertisement