Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband quality dramatically decreased since (during?) move back to Eircom

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there,

I signed up for Eircom phone + broadband last Sunday, switching from Vodafone at Home. A couple of days later, my broadband connection basically died - I see at least 20% dropped packets and struggle to load any web pages.

On the phone to Vodafone, they said they saw a jump in attenuation on my line a day or so after I switched. They also said the line was no longer with them, I guess because the voice component has moved back to Eircom.

I'm concerned there could be a physical problem caused by the move back. Can I get my line tested to try to resolve this?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mcobrien wrote: »
    Hi there,

I signed up for Eircom phone + broadband last Sunday, switching from Vodafone at Home. A couple of days later, my broadband connection basically died - I see at least 20% dropped packets and struggle to load any web pages.

On the phone to Vodafone, they said they saw a jump in attenuation on my line a day or so after I switched. They also said the line was no longer with them, I guess because the voice component has moved back to Eircom.

I'm concerned there could be a physical problem caused by the move back. Can I get my line tested to try to resolve this?

thanks!

Hi mcobrien,

Can you PM me with your tel No and I can look into the broadband speeds you are getting.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement