Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home boarding in Cork?/Going away dilema.

• 07-08-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help with this one.

The whole family is going away this weekend and I need to figure out who's going to look after my dog Cato.

Originally I planned on Daycare and home boarding at Creedons Doggie Daycare here in Cork, but the weekend is after sneaking up on me big time and as they require a three day assessment and the soonest I can get one is next week, it's not much good to me.

I don't have a family member that can call in and i'm struggling to find a home boarding option.

Cato has just turned a year and has never been left alone for more then maybe 5 hours, so as you can understand I am very nervous about the whole thing .

Any help/advice appreciated.
    Thanks!

(I've posted this in the Cork City forum too if that's ok :) ).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Check your local vets and see if they have a noticeboard or business cards of local home boarders. The notice board in my vets is full of options from regular kennels to home boarding to house sitting etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maria316

hi , new to forum.

im in the same boat. heading away start of sept and really dont want to put my dog in kennels. normally have family/friend to mind but not this time. any recommendations on home boarding greatly appreciated. I have a little yorkie . thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭boardsy

aujopimur wrote: »
    PM sent.

Do you, or does someone you know, mind dogs? Could you pm me also with more info? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

It might be a little late noe, but you could try pet sitters... We used pet sitters Reland for our cats and were very happy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Got this sorted! :) Thanks for all the help guys. Cato will be staying with some friends and their lovely Husky :).

Advertisement