Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI Scan

• 07-08-2012 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering is Barringtons the only place that does an MRI in Limerick ill have to pay privately myself as health insurance wont cover as its related to a car accident cheers x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Hi Laura,

Have you checked if your insurer would cover you to go to Vista Healthcare in Naas, if you were referred by your GP?

I needed an MRI recently, was referred by my GP, and had the full cost covered by Laya by going to Naas. Unfortunately, I would have had to foot the bill myself if I'd gone to Barringtons - which seems pretty crazy to me, but the insurers make up their own rules!

May be worth a quick call back to your insurers, as it could save you a few bob :D

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Check with your Health Insurance company for a list of approved hospitals/clinics. You might get one somewhere like Cork or Galway which are alot closer than travelling to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Just to add its 200 euro in Barringtons which is a lot cheaper than it used to be! Still 200 euro i know! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Just to add its 200 euro in Barringtons which is a lot cheaper than it used to be! Still 200 euro i know! :(

thanks all for the replies ive rang my insurance again and they wont budge from it says its not in my contract for to cover me from a car accident so i guess ive just got get the 3scans done in Barringtons for the 600e.it sucks but i guess ill get it back in 3years when the case is settled :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Yikes! That's such a bummer. Having to pay for one scan is bad enough, but three....:eek: Fingers crossed you don't have to wait three years to get it back.

BTW, sorry to hear it was a car accident. Hope you're ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

thanks all for the replies ive rang my insurance again and they wont budge from it says its not in my contract for to cover me from a car accident so i guess ive just got get the 3scans done in Barringtons for the 600e.it sucks but i guess ill get it back in 3years when the case is settled :(

There's a private clinic on top of O'Connell St, near O'Connell Ave that does MRI's, can't think of the name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Hey guys just wondering is Barringtons the only place that does an MRI in Limerick ill have to pay privately myself as health insurance wont cover as its related to a car accident cheers x

If it's related to a car accident, you should mention this to your solicitor they have the means to cover such procedures and recoup from the other insurance company, but will not offer such until you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

xii wrote: »
    If it's related to a car accident, you should mention this to your solicitor they have the means to cover such procedures and recoup from the other insurance company, but will not offer such until you ask.

ya ive mentioned that my GP and more than anything my psyio is pushing for it and my solicitor just told me make sure i kep the receipts :mad: im quiet annoyed as im in psyio twice a week at 60e each session and now ive to cough this up as well...stupid health insurance and looks like the solicitor aint welling to help either :rolleyes: rant oover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

change solicitor, any solicitor worth his salt will cover expenses and take it out of the claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Beaver1 wrote: »
    change solicitor, any solicitor worth his salt will cover expenses and take it out of the claim.

When I had to get a MRI done about 7/8 years ago for a PI Claim the solicitors office covered the bill for that and visits to the orthopedic surgeon and claimed it back from the Insurer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    There's a private clinic on top of O'Connell St, near O'Connell Ave that does MRI's, can't think of the name though.

That's MD Diagnostics run by Dr Stafford. He has an office there and does Ultrasounds from there but no MRI. the MRIs he reports on are done in Barringtons.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

Shop around, the prices for MRI's can vary greatly. I would agree with above poster re Vista Primary Care Centre it has fab turnaround time. GP referral required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

OP, sorry to hear about the accident.. hope everything works out ok... 60 quid per physio session is pretty steep! Even if you do get the money back there are other places that are cheaper and probably just as good!

Advertisement