Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can All the Festivals be over now please

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Tourists, kids. Anyone else? Oaps? Students? Humans in general?You're not a people person, are ya op?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

no, just tourists and rug rats - I don't mind the others. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

no, won't be saying that as there is plenty to do in Galway when the crowds are gone.

also, people have been wanting their town back every single year after the races. :D

There mighn't be alf as much to do if businesses were forced to close down due to the end of festivals and tourists which is what keeps many going through the quieter months such as November. As with everything one must take the 'good' with the 'bad'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It can be a bit hectic at times alright but as others have said, its one of the reasons I live here. It also does wonders to promote Galway as a real centre of culture. Was back in Waterford last week and nearly every single person I talked to was fascinated by the amount of festivals we have up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

K.C wrote: »
    Some people are never happy

Is it insane to want a break from the madness??!! Most of is know that the festivals are great for publicity for our little town, that may bring more tourists here in the future; not to mention the amount of money spent in Galway over the last few weeks! I hope it continues to do so.... That hopefully soon I wont work every night of these festivities so I can get involved a bit more. I'm happy with the extra cash earned and now have less bills due, but is it mad to breathe a sigh of relief? If you say so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

untrue!
    I'm actually delighted that things are back to normal again and the crowds have gone home, and you can walk up and down the two without having to stand behind "tourists" who seem to forget how to walk, and I'll be even MORE happy when the rug rats are gone back to school. :D

I enjoy the hustle and bustle, great city, great fun and very enjoyable. Glass half full for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

This is hilarious.... earlier I was posting on a thread where someone was saying there's nothing to do in Galway and it's a bit of a dump. Janey, there's nought as queer as folk!!

In fairness, we've been the festival capital since the late 80's. We used to have the

1) High St./ Cross St./ Quay St. festival
    2)Woodquay Festival
    3) Amusements in Eyre Square in the Summer
    4) Salthill Festival with Lark in the Park
    5) Beat on the Street (Spanish Arch)
    6) The Street Culture festival in Fr. Griffin Park

..... I'm sure there's more. They come and go...:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Don't forget the Galway Gay Pride (Brod) festival which is on at the end of the month I think.:):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Don't forget the Galway Gay Pride (Brod) festival which is on at the end of the month I think.:):cool:

Is it happening? I can't find any references on the interwebs ...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

JustMary wrote: »
    Is it happening? I can't find any references on the interwebs ...

Yep - it is indeed. This coming Thursday (Aug 23rd) to Sunday (26th). Parade on Saturday 25th at 2pm. :)

Link here: http://www.amachlgbt.com/

196767_10151114144198514_87595554_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement