Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when and where is the next tempest?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hay guys, just been looking around for a bit and so far tempest has not been running.....at all let alone its regular monthly period.

I or better yet we need feedback to what is going to happen with tempest. Sairus left the equipment and so, so that one of us could take over and keep tempest running.

I may of found a venue at model farm road 25min walk or a 5 min bus from The city. At half the price of the last venue, so that means that you can bring your own food and drink to it. Unlike the pub we were in.

One more thing. Misty Chaos if your having trouble with times and unable to run tempest, you could ask for help or pass on the duties as tempest tournament planner. Me or the others have no problem running tempest if you pass on the equipment and funds to any one wanting to take over.

Also I like to apologise if I seem rude. I did not mean to sound like a git. But something has to be done :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

This is done on a phone sorry for spelling mistakes on my part. Keypad is small and crappy to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Don't worry about it, I'm actually looking to organize the next one for the 25th of this month. Send me along details of this place if you can and I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Shout if you guys need a hand with anything. Fairly busy at work these days but still up for some pugilism!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

What's the place on Model Farm Road?

mackg wrote: »
    What's the place on Model Farm Road?
    [HTML][/HTML]

The medical center. A friend of the family owns the.building. she says the room she can rent out hold up to 8 maybe 10 people in one go. What you guys think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Would be sweet to have somewhere cheaper. We could get it for longer too no? Would be good to just have casuals all day.

well still looking into a replacement for tempest to be held but finding a place is hard, i am still talking with the owner who owns the medical centre and i am trying to get it as cheap as possible.

sorry this is taking long

have you seen the room?

Any news on this, Shokashi?

Here guys, I hate to admit this but I haven't organised anything for this month. It probably didn't help that I've being sick recently but that is still no excuse, I'm sorry.

I guess I'll say that I can't do this on my own so Shokashi and anyone else who wants to help me with running and organizing Tempest, be my guest.

• Advertisement

Lets see what the story with this room is before we go organising anything. if there is problems getting somewhere I would be open to the idea of a tournament at my place as a temporary stopgap but I would have to clear this with my housemates first.

I'm beside model farm road so I can take a jog up and scope out the room if that needs doing.

Lets see what the story with this room is before we go organising anything. if there is problems getting somewhere I would be open to the idea of a tournament at my place as a temporary stopgap but I would have to clear this with my housemates first.

I'm beside model farm road so I can take a jog up and scope out the room if that needs doing.

i have had a look at the room and to be honest it is not that big, we could get 2 set-ups going in there but its very cramped in there, so as for looking for another location ill be on the phone for the next two days looking for a cheap venue, as you know the current location in the city i to high a price to be paying while our numbers dwindle in the fighting scene here in the city.
    so hopefully we can find a suitable place less than 70 euros.

Cool, when college gets back I'll try and get in touch with the game soc to let their members know about our existence. Will try to run casuals soon too but have had guests staying in the house recently so I've had to put it off.

Cool, when college gets back I'll try and get in touch with the game soc to let their members know about our existence. Will try to run casuals soon too but have had guests staying in the house recently so I've had to put it off.

no worries about that mate, i will bet getting this sorted and running again

Advertisement