Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25-06 ammo

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Hi anybody know what gun dealers have a good stock of 25-06 ammo? My usuals are low on stock and the choice isn't great.

Ideally I'd like to get the Federal 85 grain ammo because my rifle loves them but would still like to know what other ammo the dealers have becaus I'd like something more suitable for deer shooting

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

John Lambert in Camolin and Stakelum's usually have the best stock and variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Stakelums was one of my usuals but only have Remington 100 grain left until a delivery of hornady comes in soon!

Got onto John Lambert and am going getting a delivery of Federal 117 grain from him.

The Federal Premium in both 85 and 100 grain were €45 a box! :eek:

My rifle might love them but my pocket don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

That's a 20 box, right?

tac

Ya that is for a box of 20, for comparison I'm getting 100 rounds of Federal 117 grain for €120

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

patsat wrote: »
    Ya that is for a box of 20, for comparison I'm getting 100 rounds of Federal 117 grain for €120

Aye, John's very very good with his pricing. I'll be ordering the same thing soon myself. Shoots very nicely in my gun and does a lovely job on deer too.

• Advertisement

Aye, John's very very good with his pricing. I'll be ordering the same thing soon myself. Shoots very nicely in my gun and does a lovely job on deer too.

Ya pricing aside the 85 and 100 grain ballistic tips wouldn't be very ideal for shooting deer, from the performance of the 85 grain on foxes and magpies the meat damage would be a little excessive for deer!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

I've around 35 rounds 85 and 100gr federals give us a score and you can have them

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75612283

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

patsat wrote: »
    Hi anybody know what gun dealers have a good stock of 25-06 ammo? My usuals are low on stock and the choice isn't great.

Ideally I'd like to get the Federal 85 grain ammo because my rifle loves them but would still like to know what other ammo the dealers have becaus I'd like something more suitable for deer shooting

Thanks

I deal with Mike Duggan in Killarney and I know he sells 25-06 because a mate of mine uses Federal Ammo for he's rifle. Here is his number 087 2616185 if you want to contact him.

Virminhunter you have a pm

Ordered ammo from John Lambert yday and it is now at my house waiting for me to come home from work! :D

Can't fault that service lovely man to deal with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement