Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Femto cells

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

How come Vodafone are the only mobile provider to use this technology with their sure signal product?

I would have thought given how easy it is to use and set up that all the other mobile providers would have rolled it out.

Of course I ask this loaded question because I seem to be in a black hole where coverage from all providers is very poor. I'm sure there are plenty more like me across all of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

funnyname wrote: »
    How come Vodafone are the only mobile provider to use this technology with their sure signal product?

I would have thought given how easy it is to use and set up that all the other mobile providers would have rolled it out.

Of course I ask this loaded question because I seem to be in a black hole where coverage from all providers is very poor. I'm sure there are plenty more like me across all of Ireland.

All the operators have them, however only for their large Business accounts who shout loud enough about poor coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

Good broadband is required for femtocells, perhaps there is not enough broadband coverage in areas with poor mobile phone coverage to be worth the network operators hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

I would have thought it would be a no brainer to roll them out to public as well. I'm going to give vodafone sure signal a go because if it works then it means we can ditch the landline so it'll more than pay for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

What's the system 3 use for the NBS scheme you don't need broadband its a kind of repeater is there anywhere that sell these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

What's the system 3 use for the NBS scheme you don't need broadband its a kind of repeater is there anywhere that sell these?

You can only get them if you are in an NBS area otherwise they are illegal to own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement