Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Loan Scheme

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Just seen this earlier this morning -> http://www.universitytimes.ie/?p=11558.

Just wondering what peoples taughts and feeling are on it and wether it will work out or not??? My own feeling is that it will be very hard to actually qualify for the loan to begin with, meaning only people that originally would be able to afford the fees will be awarded a loan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

An interest rate of 10.8% seems steep to me (variable). That's only a couple of percentage points under my credit card rate.

€8k masters over two years on interest only would be €432 interest in year 1 and €864 in year 2. Then into paying off the principal plus interest for the remainder of the loan. Surely there are better finance deals around.

Advertisement