Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Address

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I have been conditionally approved for a BOI credit card.

They sent me back a form wanting a utility bill for proof of address. I don't have any utility bills in my name, and as I'm a tenant in an owner-occupied house, won't have for the foreseeable future.

I do have:
    - pay slips
    - motor tax receipt (not the bill, as that was my old address)
    - car insurance receipt, policy schedule etc
    - car service receipt
    - PRSI refund letter
    - receipt for payment from the Teaching Council

Do any of those count? If not, what do I do?

Edit: I have bank statements and bills for my last address (my parents' address) which is also referenced on my application. Would those do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi eruanna,
    Acceptable forms would be a bank/mortgage statement from another financial institution. Otherwise you could use a motor tax renewal form, motor/car insurance renewal forms, revenue or social welfare documents. Also ebills or green bills can be an acceptable form of proof of address but must be signed and stamped in a Bank of Ireland branch. Any document used need to be dated in last 6 months.

I hope the above helps. Your payslip should also be sufficient. If you're not sending originals, you will need to have the copies signed and stamped in a branch. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eruanna

Thank you. I have an e-statement from AIB, so if they sign and stamp it, that should be ok then. I'll pop my payslip in too to be safe.

Advertisement