Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Goalkeepers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

John83 wrote: »
    I have DDG and Begovic in at the moment. The chances are DDG will be starting for me every week (my only option of points from Utd's clean sheets) but Begovic doesn't seem to rotate that well with him. Home/Away fixtures are matching up. Any other 4.5 options out there that are recommended? Jaaskelainen maybe?

i went for Jaaskelainen. great combo imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

darego wrote: »
    i went for Jaaskelainen. great combo imo
    GW10,16,32? Fedirici for me. I'd go Bego but for the Sorensen threat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've gone for DDG and Federici. DDG offers a cheap route into United's defence(will get Rafael if he plays the first few games though) and with Federici, I'm hoping he does well in the first week with the two games and everyone jumps on,so his price goes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Went with Jaaskelainen & Federici. With the Reading guy starting week 1. They rotate well for 1st few weeks and are both cheap at 4.5.

Saving money for more vital areas of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Anyone know if Henderson will get any games at WH, or will it all b Jaaskelainen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I've gone DDG and Ruddy. Hopefully won't need to use a transfer on them until I WC, unless there's an injury. Think Norwich will tighten up at the back this season so went for Ruddy from the 4.5s. Jussi perhaps not nailed on and Federici having no game in GW3 is annoying me too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Not sure if it'll effect Federic but Reading have signed Stuart Taylor.

Had planned on ditching Federici anyway. Don't need to do it for a couple of weeks yet though as DDG will be my starting goalie for the next few weeks and I need the transfers for other area's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ended up picking Vorm. I think he'll be every present for me this year. Swans pretty solid at the back and they don't call him the penalty-killer for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Downgrading the keeper..

Any opinion on Mignolet or Schwarzer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Qpr have reportedly signed Julio Cesar from Inter Milan .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Qpr have reportedly signed Julio Cesar from Inter Milan .

Has this been confirmed at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Any decent GK for 4.5 or 5.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mark Schwarzer of Fulham 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

4.5 Begovic of Stoke
    5.0 Mignolet of Sunderland or Schwarzer of Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

To go with Foster (H to Everton) or Begovic (A to Wigan) this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Ali Al-Habsi :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Paully D wrote: »
    To go with Foster (H to Everton) or Begovic (A to Wigan) this week?
    I would go with Begovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lemlin wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed at all?

It's after popping up again.

If it does go ahead then people who have Cerny have to get rid immediately. He's cheap but he won't have a hope of playing at all, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

It's after popping up again.

If it does go ahead then people who have Cerny have to get rid immediately. He's cheap but he won't have a hope of playing at all, ever.

Realistically he was never going to be picked ahead of Green, yet 14.4 % manage to have him currently! :eek: I have Green and I think he will be pushed aside immediately if Cesar comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Fizman wrote: »
    Realistically he was never going to be picked ahead of Green, yet 14.4 % manage to have him currently! :eek: I have Green and I think he will be pushed aside immediately if Cesar comes in.

Same problem here. Likely to only get one more game out of him and that's at City. Will have to get rid pretty soon. Hate using transfers on goalkeepers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Begovic and Schwarzer for me. Have availed of both home clean sheets so far. They don't match up great with home and away fixtures but one keeper always seems to have a relatively easy match up when the other has one of the top 6. Only really exception was last week with Stoke home to Arsenal and Fulham away to United. That worked out well however. The next dodgy one is gameweek 18 with Fulham away to Liverpool and Stoke away to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Same problem here. Likely to only get one more game out of him and that's at City. Will have to get rid pretty soon. Hate using transfers on goalkeepers though.

I'm the same. I thought he'd be good value as Hughes would shore up QPR at the back but that hasn't happened so far sadly.

Just confirmed that Julio Cesar has signed for QPR. Some signing in fairness.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8031951/Cesar-agrees-QPR-deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just confirmed that Julio Cesar has signed for QPR. Some signing in fairness.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8031951/Cesar-agrees-QPR-deal

Uugh. That's another transfer I have to make: Green out for someone.

Wonder how much Julio Cesar will be. I presume 5.5 or 5.0. Bit too much for me to have as a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mr Tickle could be the QPR goalie and I wouldn't put him in my team.

MrTickle-1-.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

jaaskelainen made 8 saves and kept a clean sheet and didnt receive any bonus points, pathetic.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Vito Mannone? Will he be the new number 1??? Not only is he only 4.5, he sounds like a genuine Don...

manual_man wrote: »
    Vito Mannone? Will he be the new number 1??? Not only is he only 4.5, he sounds like a genuine Don...

I can't see Wenger keeping Sczwzwzwzwzwzny on the bench.

I am a believer of keeping with a good thing (i.e. if a back 5 are so solid as to have kept 3 CSs in a row - stick with it). Then when goals/mistakes start happening, phase the original starter back in.

Not so sure Wenger will treat Jenk/Mannone the same way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I am a believer of keeping with a good thing (i.e. if a back 5 are so solid as to have kept 3 CSs in a row - stick with it). Then when goals/mistakes start happening, phase the original starter back in.

Yeah you're probly right, but Don Vito has played the last 2 with 2 clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yeah you're probly right, but Don Vito has played the last 2 with 2 clean sheets.

mannone's only playing because szczesny had a rib injury, failed a test on fri/saturday too. He'll be back in whenever fit, which will probably be the next GW. he's probably fit enough now

likewise with jenkinson, do you think he'll keep sagna out of the team? not a hope. I've got jenkinson since the start of the season but he'll be out once sagna gets back

Advertisement