Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Defenders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any idea when they are likely to pass judgement?

he has until thursday to respond. If he accepts he'll likely find out straight away, if he doesn't there'll be a hearing but not sure when that will be with england playing on friday and tuesday, i think they try get all these done quickly now as part of the fast track thing so should find out before the next gw anyway.

he is nowhere near a price drop yet, in fact he's 74% on the way to a price increase, so he'd have to lose that 74% first and then all the transfers needed for a price decrease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Gibbs or Rafael? Choose one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ace0x9 wrote: »

coin toss at the moment.

Arsenal aren't keeping clean sheets at all lately and Utd just had their first in a while at the weekend.

also, we don't know how injured Gibbs is.

i'd pick Rafael on the gut feeling that Utd's defence will improve.

SlickRic wrote: »
    coin toss at the moment.

Arsenal aren't keeping clean sheets at all lately and Utd just had their first in a while at the weekend.

also, we don't know how injured Gibbs is.

i'd pick Rafael on the gut feeling that Utd's defence will improve.

Well, I do have Gibbs and Demel (and Nelsen) to choose from. The other two are Baines and Ivanovic, I'm not even thinking about tinkering with them.

Gibbs and Demel out with injuries. 50% chance for both... I'm wondering if I should hang on till the international fixtures get over to see if they're match-fit. Else, I'd have to play Nelsen (EVERTON at home(Uh-oh))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ace0x9 wrote: »

Rafael, no question. He will pop up with goals if he keeps playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

roryc wrote: »
    Rafael, no question. He will pop up with goals if he keeps playing.

The bolded part is the question though, Jones comeback is imminent surely Rafael's place will be in jeopardy??

When is Gibbs expected to be back for a full 90?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭slingerz

thunderdog wrote: »
    I'd go for Hughes for Fulham. He should pick up a couple of clean sheets at home over the whole season. Exactly 4.5 too

Does Caulker start on a regular basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Who to start today? Demel (H to Southampton but an injury doubt so may not play 90 minutes or even start), Cuellar (H to Newcastle) or Hughes (H to Villa). I've gone for Hughes at the minute.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Paully D wrote: »
    Who to start today? Demel (H to Southampton but an injury doubt so may not play 90 minutes or even start), Cuellar (H to Newcastle) or Hughes (H to Villa). I've gone for Hughes at the minute.

Thanks.

I'd do Hughes in that situation also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Glen Johnson could be an option
    playing as a left winger for Liverpool

Anyone thinking of a Stoke defender? They have a nice run coming up, and seem quite strong at home. Wilson at £4.5 might provide a nice return. Shawcross at £5.0 usually pops up with a couple of goals a year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'll be doing Clark to Wilson whenever I have a spare transfer although I already have Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Anyone know if McCartney or O Brien are first choice at left back for West Ham? I know they have both played there because of injuries so far but who will nail down their place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Might double up and put Wilson in myself. He looks good attacking, especially from what I've seen against the Faroes (goal and assist). Sunderland at home looks good for a CS. Sunderland aren't the best for scoring. Only 5 goals this season.

Given that CS's are ridiculously scarce this year you might aswell double up on one of the only teams that are keeping CS's consistently. West Ham, Arsenal and Swansea's defences seem to have fallen apart since the first few weeks. City and United are too unpredictable (and too expensive), Chelsea are too expensive and every other team don't seem to be keeping CS's. Stoke and possibly West Brom seem to be the only decent bets for CS's at the moment. It's fairly outrageous, considering last year CS's were in abundance with Swansea and Newcastle especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Anyone know if McCartney or O Brien are first choice at left back for West Ham? I know they have both played there because of injuries so far but who will nail down their place?
    Id say if both fit McCartney would be first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

anyone getting Vertonghen in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i've seen very little of spurs this season but noticed caulker is a very cheap option. I'm assuming he's only being playing to cover an injured player? is that player back soon? as in, how much longer is caulker likely to be starting for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs aren't particularly adept at clean sheets is the only thing.

but i understand why a defender from a top 6 team is tempting. i'll be staying away though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

anyone getting Vertonghen in

Gallas be a cheaper option (save 1.4m), he is spurs captain, has not missed a game and scored a goal last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i've seen very little of spurs this season but noticed caulker is a very cheap option. I'm assuming he's only being playing to cover an injured player? is that player back soon? as in, how much longer is caulker likely to be starting for?

Hes playing Lb for the injure Assou-Ekotto,return date unknown according to the games site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Gillington wrote: »
    Hes playing Lb for the injure Assou-Ekotto,return date unknown according to the games site

No he isn't. He's been playing CB. Verthongen has been LB. I think Caulker has a decent shout for staying in the team. I think Gallas will be put out to pasture soon as he is out of his depth now in the bigger games and AVB comes across as the kind of guy of will act on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

So is Jenkinson dropped from the first team now?
    Am thinking of shipping him out if he is.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Think I need a Stoke defender, Huth or Shawcross?
    Might trade down from Lescott and use the cash to upgrade from Michu the following week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanos wrote: »

He's gone. I shipped him last week. he will play in the Carling Cup games as Sagna has that spot locked up tight baring an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

dave13 wrote: »
    Think I need a Stoke defender, Huth or Shawcross?
    Might trade down from Lescott and use the cash to upgrade from Michu the following week.
    If i had the choice i would go for Huth as he is more of a goal threat but he is .5 more expensive than Shawcross.

If i was getting a Stoke defender i would go for Geoff Cameron at 4.6. He has played 90 mins in every game except for 2 games earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanos wrote: »

Sell him asap,his value will plummet soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

What would be the best bet (starting role/price most important) for Newcastle defense at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

What would be the best bet (starting role/price most important) for Newcastle defense at the moment?

S Taylor or Santon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Steel Dog wrote: »
    If i had the choice i would go for Huth as he is more of a goal threat but he is .5 more expensive than Shawcross.

If i was getting a Stoke defender i would go for Geoff Cameron at 4.6. He has played 90 mins in every game except for 2 games earlier in the season.

I went for Cameron myself. Probably not the goal threat of Huth or Shawcross, but I'd rather have the cash.

Advertisement