Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Defenders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Posada wrote: »
    I just sold my old friend Leighton Baines.

Everton haven't kept a clean sheet since the opening day and have now have conceded in 15 games in a row. They haven't been awarded a penalty yet this season either.

Baines to score a pen this weekend so..

i hope you're right. i was very tempted to sell him this week to finance a move for rooney but chose not to take the 4 point hit and will stick with baines until the january wildcard at least i think.

Rooney to score a hat trick this weekend so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As a cheap defender if your planning on rotating your cheap defenders I feel Michael Turner 4.1 is a great shout for the rest of the season. His Home games are fulham,everton,southampton,swansea,reading,a villa , WBA.
    Im also looking at clint hill 4.3 and carlos cuellar 4.4. Unfortunately Ive missed the boat with Davies 4.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Any opinions on money no object defenders for the rest of the year or at least the next 5 or 6 weeks? The bit of test tinkering that I've been doing seems to leave me with a lot of money to spend on defence which up till now I've done on the cheap.

Basically who do ye think will be the highest scoring defs for the remainder of the year?

Any opinions on money no object defenders for the rest of the year or at least the next 5 or 6 weeks? The bit of test tinkering that I've been doing seems to leave me with a lot of money to spend on defence which up till now I've done on the cheap.

Basically who do ye think will be the highest scoring defs for the remainder of the year?

zab luiz glen johnson baines ashley Cole . Too many things at the moment to consider with utd so ddg goalkeeper is ur safest and cheapest way into their defence.Kyle walker spurs aswell seems to be the only nailed on spurs defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have had Turner and Dawson for the last few weeks, solid lads. Had Cuellar for ages but happy enough with my defense. All cheapos but I was rarely getting CS points when I had Nastasic and Azpi earlier so gonna keep it cheap for a while anyway I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm gonna swap Clyne and Davies for Dawson and Wilson in the next while I think, but may not pull the trigger right away as I want to keep some transfers spare in case of cup-induced DGW shenanigans.

Ugh just saw that Sagna is goosed for the weekend. Might need to take my first four point hit of the season or else I won't be fielding 11 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd keep Evans and Evra on your shortlist.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd keep Evans and Evra on your shortlist.

They are very close to the top of my list, while you're here do you think Evans will continue to start (almost) every league game?

They are very close to the top of my list, while you're here do you think Evans will continue to start (almost) every league game?

For me, he is first choice CB at United, with Vidic and Ferdinand rotating around him.

• Advertisement

For me, he is first choice CB at United, with Vidic and Ferdinand rotating around him.

Does Fergie look at him as a big player for the club in the future, as in he won't be shopping for a world class replacement given half a chance?
    I think Evans will be my defensive transfer this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is Titus Bramble a certain starter for sland these days ? Or just because Cuellar was out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    Is Titus Bramble a certain starter for sland these days ? Or just because Cuellar was out ?

Cellar and O Shea are the first choice centre backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Is Cuellar first choice, he hasnt played the last 5 game weeks any idea why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

james123 wrote: »
    Is Cuellar first choice, he hasnt played the last 5 game weeks any idea why ?

He has been injured since early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Surely hes not going to start this game no ?

Well that didn't work out too well for me:(:mad::(

Was so close to getting Rafael instead:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm really hoping Swansea can hold Newcastle next week. Firstly because it'll give Davies a clean sheet, but mostly because it will shut Sissoko up!

Samba has been a bit of a fail so far but QPR have some good fixtures coming up and will be really fighting to get off the bottom of the table

Well that didn't work out too well for me:(:mad::(

Was so close to getting Rafael instead:o

I think everyone was shocked by that one. Azpilicueta was also dropped.

I think everyone was shocked by that one. Azpilicueta was also dropped.

I think the problem with evans is that he is now as you say the first choice centre back and he will be kept fresh for CL FA cup games.

• Advertisement

Well I brought Evans in for last weekend which obviously didn't work out. If Utd don't play in gw29 I'll certainly be moving him out as Vidic is making noises about playing more games so he's likely to see less playing time. Liverpool have good fixtures so I might consider Johnson or Enrique, other option is to bring in Rafael after week 29.
    My big question is for the utd fans, will Evans play this weekend at home to Norwich, it seems likely to me that he will so Vidic and Ferdinand can line out against Madrid, I'd be disgusted to miss out 2 weeks in a row with Evans so I could jump the gun and bring in a Liverpool defender this week but they are away to wigan.

Well I brought Evans in for last weekend which obviously didn't work out. If Utd don't play in gw29 I'll certainly be moving him out as Vidic is making noises about playing more games so he's likely to see less playing time. Liverpool have good fixtures so I might consider Johnson or Enrique, other option is to bring in Rafael after week 29.
    My big question is for the utd fans, will Evans play this weekend at home to Norwich, it seems likely to me that he will so Vidic and Ferdinand can line out against Madrid, I'd be disgusted to miss out 2 weeks in a row with Evans so I could jump the gun and bring in a Liverpool defender this week but they are away to wigan.

Im not a utd fan but dont think anyone could give you an answer on whether evans will start its impossible to predict. I mentioned it last week but if u want utd defensive coverage DDG seems the cheapest and safest bet(even he could be rotated). Of all the other utd defenders I would imagine bar evra none of them will start more than 9 of their 11 remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

De Gea is the right shout, I'll be bringing him in if/when United have their DGW

Have had De Gea since the January wild card and it's been such a good call IMO.

Goalies don't excite me at all in this game though, I've had Begovic all along and I'll stick with him, he's got good fixtures and though Stoke are safe I don't see them rolling over either.
    I reckon Evans will have to start on saturday but naturally I'm a bit worried, Fergie will probably give an inkling about Vidic in the next couple of days, he will definitely want to play him v Madrid so I'd say he'll let Evans play Norwich.
    I'm thinking at the moment that Glen Johnson will be my premium defender for the rest of the year but of course DGW's will change that,
    I've got nothing from Samba yet but I'm confident he'll score a few goals and keep clean sheets, very unlucky not to score yet.
    I've finally gotten Dawson in as he's remained first choice despite all the competition, Kaboul will be back very soon so that hots it up further,

keane2097 wrote: »
    Have had De Gea since the January wild card and it's been such a good call IMO.

ye a great shout I got blinded by szcesneys jan dgw.

Goalies don't excite me at all in this game though, I've had Begovic all along and I'll stick with him, he's got good fixtures and though Stoke are safe I don't see them rolling over either.
    I reckon Evans will have to start on saturday but naturally I'm a bit worried, Fergie will probably give an inkling about Vidic in the next couple of days, he will definitely want to play him v Madrid so I'd say he'll let Evans play Norwich.
    I'm thinking at the moment that Glen Johnson will be my premium defender for the rest of the year but of course DGW's will change that,
    I've got nothing from Samba yet but I'm confident he'll score a few goals and keep clean sheets, very unlucky not to score yet.
    I've finally gotten Dawson in as he's remained first choice despite all the competition, Kaboul will be back very soon so that hots it up further,

Johnson as things stand 2 games Evans 50/50 1 game should outscore evans over next two weeks. For the rest of the season johnsons a good shout.

ye a great shout I got blinded by szcesneys jan dgw.

I had already decided I was getting Sagna while loling at people spending 0.6M extra on Gibbs. Probably wasn't the most solid foundation for a selection ever but I was lucky enough to have it work out.

It's definitely great to be able to have United clean sheet cover for that money that's guaranteed to play every week (which he is, despite what people seem to think).

Johnson as things stand 2 games Evans 50/50 1 game should outscore evans over next two weeks. For the rest of the season johnsons a good shout.

Thing is I've been meaning to use no transfer this week and will almost certainly dump Evans next week assuming Utd don't play, just seems like a fantastic chance for a clean sheet and hopefully more against Norwich on saturday.

• Advertisement

Thing is I've been meaning to use no transfer this week and will almost certainly dump Evans next week assuming Utd don't play, just seems like a fantastic chance for a clean sheet and hopefully more against Norwich on saturday.

depends what team utd put out it probably wont be their strongest team so a cs less likely. Evans probably has a 1 in 10 chance of scoring/assisting if he starts which is 50/50.

Advertisement