Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Defenders

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

iroced wrote: »
    Can score headers from corner/free kicks.

not when he's playing for newcastle :(

as long as coloccini is out he'll start but he's been really good so far. santon or debuchy wouldn't be bad choices either. debuchy was playing like a winger against stoke and was unlucky not to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

iroced wrote: »
    Captain fantastic in Montpellier. Very solid in defense, Good vision of the game and good first pass. Don't hesitate to move forward with the ball from time to time (à la Piqué). Can score headers from corner/free kicks. One of the reason we got champion last year to everyone's surprise !

That being said. Like Giroud he needs time to adapt to the PL. He's not even a definite starter yet. So yeah he has the FF potential of being a Shawcross or even a Ivanovic but has proven nothing yet. Maybe next season. Definitely too early now.

But I figured he would definitely start because of Colo's broken back? Has he been going up for corners and the like? I saw him play last year, I meant had anybody seen him play for Newcastle yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

If I wanted to get a cheap southampton defender in who would you think would be best value(most likely to start etc.)?

Clyne 4.2
    Fonte 4.0
    Yoshida 4.5
    Shaw 4.0
    Fox 4.0
    Hooiveld 4.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

dave13 wrote: »
    If I wanted to get a cheap southampton defender in who would you think would be best value(most likely to start etc.)?

Clyne 4.2
    Fonte 4.0
    Yoshida 4.5
    Shaw 4.0
    Fox 4.0
    Hooiveld 4.0

I brought in Fonte a few weeks ago but he appears to have fallen out of favour. Shaw and Clyne appear to be the best bets, they get forward a bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if i didn't have Clyne, I'd pick Shaw.

cheaper, and as likely really to get attacking points. also, less people have him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement