Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football - Defenders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Paully D wrote: »
    Quick question: Lescott or Zabaleta if money isn't an issue?

Lescott, id say Zabaleta will be a rotation risk once Richards is back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Quick question: Lescott or Zabaleta if money isn't an issue?

Lescott, id say Zabaleta will be a rotation risk once Richards is back!

Richards was down as missing 4 weeks originally and then Mancini said last week it will probably be a bit longer.

I think Zab is safe for another few weeks at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Wilson or Wilkinson for a cheap 4.5m defender from stoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Geoff Cameron 4.5 stoke down as a defender played midfield today could be a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Geoff Cameron 4.5 stoke down as a defender played midfield today could be a bargain

Good shout that, I watched the game but didn't realise he was down as a defender. Played the full 90 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Good shout, Stoke have rough enough fixtures coming up but he could be worth a look after GW8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

whats the deal with the everton defence?? would love a 5.5 everton defender cuz i cant afford baines or jagielka. are any of their 5.5 regulars? looks like distin has competition with heitinga and hibbert with neville?

Wilson or Wilkinson for a cheap 4.5m defender from stoke?

who did u go with? looking to get one in also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Starting to think is it worth keeping kompany at 7.5 and two points so far this season. A cheaper city defender or even Baines ??

I impulsively brought in Rafael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Question for next week, I have my Chelsea players benched so I have to play either Clark away to Newcastle (a likely hammering but could pose a threat from set-pieces if Villa get far enough up the pitch to have them or Clyne home to Utd with an inform RVP and Kag. Either way im screwed, im not taing a 4 point hit or pancling and using my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Question for next week, I have my Chelsea players benched so I have to play either Clark away to Newcastle (a likely hammering but could pose a threat from set-pieces if Villa get far enough up the pitch to have them or Clyne home to Utd with an inform RVP and Kag. Either way im screwed, im not taing a 4 point hit or pancling and using my wildcard.

Having suffered Clarke in GW2, Istill reckon he'd be a slightly better pick than Clyne for GW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Re Newcastle,thwey havent looked like they are going to hammer anyone anytime soon to me,Cisse looks like he is still on holidays,way off the pace,it would not surprise me if Villa nicked something there the weekend

dahat wrote: »
    Re Newcastle,thwey havent looked like they are going to hammer anyone anytime soon to me,Cisse looks like he is still on holidays,way off the pace,it would not surprise me if Villa nicked something there the weekend

Cisse and Ba are both only off Ramadan, fasting has to be tough on their ability to perform! A couple of weeks and I reckon they will both be back on form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I would be massively surprised. Villa look ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

is gallas likely to keep his place for this gameweek?

if there is a doubt he might be dropped i wont be considering him as i have my 3 chelsea players on the bench

looking for opinions on these

rangel or gallas
    cualler, jenkinson or Hughes
    mccarthy or demel

also is it worth taking ashley cole out for this week? This would mean transferring him back in next week thus wasting a transfer i feel

redzerdrog wrote: »
    looking for opinions on these

rangel or gallas
    cualler, jenkinson or Hughes
    mccarthy or demel

also is it worth taking ashley cole out for this week? This would mean transferring him back in next week thus wasting a transfer i feel

I would say Rangel(with Swanseas current form in consideration), Jenkinson is a good shout for now until Sagna comes back anyway!(can always get Cueller in then), and McCartney.

If you plan on bringing Cole straight back in then there's no point! Leave him on your bench for the week!

I would say Rangel(with Swanseas current form in consideration), Jenkinson is a good shout for now until Sagna comes back anyway!(can always get Cueller in then), and McCartney.

If you plan on bringing Cole straight back in then there's no point! Leave him on your bench for the week!

if gallas was certain to play i would go with him but dont think it is worth the risk when i need everyone to play as have 3 chelsea players on the bench.

jenkinsons fixture arent the best though so this is prob my toughest choice as i think sunderland have decent fixtures but as it happens Hughes has the best fixtures of all 3 so my head is wrecked.

I think i will just leave cole on the bench and make sure the rest of the team or more or less certain to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

What do people think of BAE v's Baines in terms of prospects, fixtures and price.

BAE has the better fixtures - but there is AVBitis. I did note him taking a free kick last weekend though.

Baines fixtures arent as attractive, he costs more but Everton are going well and he offers greater attacking potential (peno's).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Baines all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Do people think Clichy will be back starting for City this weekend?

Do people think Clichy will be back starting for City this weekend?

Apparently he only missed last weekend because his wife had a baby. If you have a transfer and can get him out, I would. The only City players you can be 100% sure of are Kompany and Yaya tbh.

I have Zabaleta myself but he'll be going once Richards is back.

Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul has confirmed he'll likely miss the next 4 months of the season after successfully undergoing knee surgery.

Popped up on my twitter feed,looks like Gallas will be first choice with Vertonghen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just came on to post that. Big loss for Spurs. They're lucky they didn't let Dawson go or they'd be screwed. Gallas and Vertonghen starting with Dawson and Caulker as back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

think i'll get Gallas in so

gallas or rangel???

what the chances on jenkinson rising again? if he rises another 0.1 i can swap him out for gallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Maicon may be signing for City. FFS, if he does there goes Zabaleta as a nailed on starter while Richards is out anyway. Will be interesting to see what price Maicon comes in at, quite possibly £6.0m I guess but as with the LB spot there will likely be rotation now. Might be time to get Lescott back in even though Toure started last week. Kompany's the only nailed on player at the back now but at £7.5m is just too expensive for me to even consider.

Hmmmm.....

Maicon may be signing for City. FFS, if he does there goes Zabaleta as a nailed on starter while Richards is out anyway. Will be interesting to see what price Maicon comes in at, quite possibly £6.0m I guess but as with the LB spot there will likely be rotation now. Might be time to get Lescott back in even though Toure started last week. Kompany's the only nailed on player at the back now but at £7.5m is just too expensive for me to even consider.

Hmmmm.....

Think it is either Joe Hart or nothing for City's defence,things are too risky there now.
    6.0 for a not certain starter is a waste,would rather a lesser ranked def playing week in week out

• Advertisement

Selling Zabellta for Hangeland? gives me 1.0 to use elsewhere,pointless use of a free or not?
    That would leave me with no City defence cover at all......
    Chico-Hanglenad-Cuellar would be my main 3 defenders,Demel and Clyne on the bench..

Selling Zabellta for Hangeland? gives me 1.0 to use elsewhere,pointless use of a free or not?
    Chico-Hanglenad-Cuellar would be my main 3 defenders,Demel and Clyne on the bench..

You could get Saylor then for Clyne and your defence would have nice fixtures for 4/5 weeks at least until we see more after the intl. break and how all these signings fit in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Riddle me this,

Is Bertrand gonna keep playing for Chelsea?

Riddle me this,

Is Bertrand gonna keep playing for Chelsea?

Doubtful - rotation nightmare. Just look at their list of mids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'd wait until after this week to do it, Zabaleta should start this week (they're unlikely to throw Maicon straight in and Richards is still injured) and will hopefully get a CS.

Do any of the defenders that have dropped down to 3.9m represent any bit of value at all, heard that guy at reading marisppa will get his place eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Poor Taylor from Swansea will be out for a long time, the guy who came on for him today, Davies, is only 4m - a cheap route into a fairly steady Swansea defence?

Ridgewell or McAuley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Poor Taylor from Swansea will be out for a long time, the guy who came on for him today, Davies, is only 4m - a cheap route into a fairly steady Swansea defence?

How steady without Taylor though? And with Chico suspended for 3 games? Unpredictable, they could fall apart.
    Ridgewell or McAuley?

Same conundrum for myself. Ridgewell will be more consistent in attacking returns imo. But McAuley could pop up with a goal at any time. You could just go Foster. He'll have plenty of save points as he usually does. Good for when they don't keep cleanies.

why was simpson taken off today? :mad: don't have any transfers to get him out

darego wrote: »
    why was simpson taken off today? :mad: don't have any transfers to get him out

Injured apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

FatRat wrote: »
    How steady without Taylor though? And with Chico suspended for 3 games?

Has Chico been charged with anything? If not, he'll only be out for one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Where does this Cesar guy play for Chelsea? Will he be a starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Where does this Cesar guy play for Chelsea? Will he be a starter?
    Right Back. He might play there with Ivanovic moving into the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Davies of Swansea, what ye say?

A cheap way into the Swansea defence. People will probably not be too keen on the Swansea defence now with Chico suspended but i remember Caulker got injured for them last season and Garry Monk came in for him and they still done well at the back,

Is it mental to bring in Jenkinson now with Sagna due back or do you reckon he's likely to keep his place?? Looking to transfer Zabaleta out for a cheaper option considering nobody seems to be keeping clean sheets there's no point investing in pricey defenders?

currently have:

Clyne---Vertonghen---Zabableta---McCartney---S Taylor

none of who scored over 2 points!!!

Thinking of either Cuellar, McAuley, Riise (Have Vorm in goals for Swansea cover) anyone any advice?

Is it mental to bring in Jenkinson now with Sagna due back or do you reckon he's likely to keep his place?? Looking to transfer Zabaleta out for a cheaper option considering nobody seems to be keeping clean sheets there's no point investing in pricey defenders?

currently have:

Clyne---Vertonghen---Zabableta---McCartney---S Taylor

none of who scored over 2 points!!!

Thinking of either Cuellar, McAuley, Riise (Have Vorm in goals for Swansea cover) anyone any advice?
    Think Jenkinson will definietly be dropped for Sagna when he is back.

Cuellar rotates perfect with Taylor and Hughes of Fulham is worth a look with their good home record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This article has made me a little cautious of my planned Rangel to Danies move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thoughts on Rafael? Want to get him in as I think he'll bang in a couple of goals but worried about rotation.

roryc wrote: »
    Thoughts on Rafael? Want to get him in as I think he'll bang in a couple of goals but worried about rotation.

I'm waiting on smalling to come back. had the chance to get rafeal 2 weeks ago with WC but decided to wait for smalling to come back because of rafeal getting rotated + didn't see united keeping much cleanies last few weeks and the next 2~3 games. pretty satisfied with the decision so far

• Advertisement
Advertisement