Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Defenders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

dahat wrote: »
    Selling Zabellta for Hangeland? gives me 1.0 to use elsewhere,pointless use of a free or not?
    That would leave me with no City defence cover at all......
    Chico-Hanglenad-Cuellar would be my main 3 defenders,Demel and Clyne on the bench..

You could get Saylor then for Clyne and your defence would have nice fixtures for 4/5 weeks at least until we see more after the intl. break and how all these signings fit in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Riddle me this,

Is Bertrand gonna keep playing for Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Riddle me this,

Is Bertrand gonna keep playing for Chelsea?

Doubtful - rotation nightmare. Just look at their list of mids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dahat wrote: »
    Selling Zabellta for Hangeland? gives me 1.0 to use elsewhere,pointless use of a free or not?
    That would leave me with no City defence cover at all......
    Chico-Hanglenad-Cuellar would be my main 3 defenders,Demel and Clyne on the bench..

I'd wait until after this week to do it, Zabaleta should start this week (they're unlikely to throw Maicon straight in and Richards is still injured) and will hopefully get a CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Do any of the defenders that have dropped down to 3.9m represent any bit of value at all, heard that guy at reading marisppa will get his place eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Poor Taylor from Swansea will be out for a long time, the guy who came on for him today, Davies, is only 4m - a cheap route into a fairly steady Swansea defence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ridgewell or McAuley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Poor Taylor from Swansea will be out for a long time, the guy who came on for him today, Davies, is only 4m - a cheap route into a fairly steady Swansea defence?

How steady without Taylor though? And with Chico suspended for 3 games? Unpredictable, they could fall apart.
    Ridgewell or McAuley?

Same conundrum for myself. Ridgewell will be more consistent in attacking returns imo. But McAuley could pop up with a goal at any time. You could just go Foster. He'll have plenty of save points as he usually does. Good for when they don't keep cleanies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

why was simpson taken off today? :mad: don't have any transfers to get him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

darego wrote: »
    why was simpson taken off today? :mad: don't have any transfers to get him out

Injured apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

FatRat wrote: »
    How steady without Taylor though? And with Chico suspended for 3 games?

Has Chico been charged with anything? If not, he'll only be out for one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Where does this Cesar guy play for Chelsea? Will he be a starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Where does this Cesar guy play for Chelsea? Will he be a starter?
    Right Back. He might play there with Ivanovic moving into the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Davies of Swansea, what ye say?

A cheap way into the Swansea defence. People will probably not be too keen on the Swansea defence now with Chico suspended but i remember Caulker got injured for them last season and Garry Monk came in for him and they still done well at the back,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is it mental to bring in Jenkinson now with Sagna due back or do you reckon he's likely to keep his place?? Looking to transfer Zabaleta out for a cheaper option considering nobody seems to be keeping clean sheets there's no point investing in pricey defenders?

currently have:

Clyne---Vertonghen---Zabableta---McCartney---S Taylor

none of who scored over 2 points!!!

Thinking of either Cuellar, McAuley, Riise (Have Vorm in goals for Swansea cover) anyone any advice?

Is it mental to bring in Jenkinson now with Sagna due back or do you reckon he's likely to keep his place?? Looking to transfer Zabaleta out for a cheaper option considering nobody seems to be keeping clean sheets there's no point investing in pricey defenders?

currently have:

Clyne---Vertonghen---Zabableta---McCartney---S Taylor

none of who scored over 2 points!!!

Thinking of either Cuellar, McAuley, Riise (Have Vorm in goals for Swansea cover) anyone any advice?
    Think Jenkinson will definietly be dropped for Sagna when he is back.

Cuellar rotates perfect with Taylor and Hughes of Fulham is worth a look with their good home record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This article has made me a little cautious of my planned Rangel to Danies move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thoughts on Rafael? Want to get him in as I think he'll bang in a couple of goals but worried about rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

roryc wrote: »
    Thoughts on Rafael? Want to get him in as I think he'll bang in a couple of goals but worried about rotation.

I'm waiting on smalling to come back. had the chance to get rafeal 2 weeks ago with WC but decided to wait for smalling to come back because of rafeal getting rotated + didn't see united keeping much cleanies last few weeks and the next 2~3 games. pretty satisfied with the decision so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »

Rotation might be a worry. I think he's safe for now, but i'm thinking ahead to Sagna, swapping the two when he's back to fitness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Looking at bringing him in too, Swansea have a few ok games coming up. But now that I have Vorm, him & Michu they will prob fall apart.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2200063/Phil-Jones-suffers-injury.html#ixzz25pamyqOg

Good news for Rafael owners but bad news for Manchester United supporters as their defensive injury problems continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Steel Dog wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2200063/Phil-Jones-suffers-injury.html#ixzz25pamyqOg

Good news for Rafael owners but bad news for Manchester United supporters as their defensive injury problems continue.

Its been confirmed he will be out for 6-8 weeks after surgery .

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Sep/phil-jones-to-miss-six-to-eight-weeks-after-knee-surgery.aspx
    Jones set for lengthy rehab

Phil Jones is set for a sustained spell on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on a knee injury sustained in training.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "Phil Jones has had surgery on a knee meniscus tear sustained in training that will require six to eight weeks of rehabilitation."

The 20-year-old has yet to make an appearance this season after suffering a back injury during the Reds' pre-season tour.

Fellow defender Chris Smalling remains sidelined after breaking a metatarsal, but Jonny Evans and Rio Ferdinand have recently bolstered the Reds' defensive ranks after returning from their own injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Whats the feelings on Zabaleta starting this week with the arrival of Maicon? Was planning on Transferring Zab out this week but if he'll more then likely play id prefer to hold off for a week and use my free transfer to bring Cazorla in for Kagawa instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't know about Zab now.

but then again, it's hard to know about any of the City team.

the only absolute certainties are Kompany and Touré, and currently Tevez until Aguero is back.

the worst team by far to predict.

i'm leaving City defenders well alone for a couple of weeks at least.

RE: Jenkinson, keep him for the next 2 weeks if you have a contingency plan for getting rid. if you don't have him, it won't be worth bringing him in now really; find a longer term fix for your defence would be my suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'm hoping for Zab to go off after 60 or 65 minutes or whatever it is while City haven't conceded yet. That would be the ideal scenario for an indication that it's time to dump him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Swansea have signed their free agent Taylor replacement until the end of the year. It would be nice if he was added in at 4.5 and made the left back roll his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Have Jenkinson, Gallas, Rangel, Cuellar and Wilson in my defence. Would the best three to play be Jenkinson(Home to Southhampton), Gallas(Away to Reading) and Rangel(Away to Villa), or Cuellar(Home to Liverpool) instead of one of those?
    The totenham defence is doing great and Liverpool don't really look like scoring so I'm stuck between the two. Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think 'great' is being a bit generous given that Spurs haven't yet kept a clean sheet. I have Cuellar myself and will be playing him versus Liverpool, I think that will be a tight game. Wouldn't be surprised at a 0-0.

Advertisement