Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Defenders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fergie commented that Buttner was rash at times after the game. I'd imagine he'll be eased in before he cements any position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭cullenswood

is jenkinson a good long term buy. He is nice and cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

is jenkinson a good long term buy. He is nice and cheap

No Sagna will be back soon . If you don't have him now I certainly wouldn't bring him in .

Got a nice assist last night though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Clyne or Bertrand as a possible bench warmer?
    Clyne is looking like a waste of 4.0,another .6 and i can get Bertrand who looks like he will get some kind of gametime especially with the CL up and running...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dahat wrote: »
    Clyne is looking like a waste of 4.0,another .6 and i can get Bertrand who looks like he will get some kind of gametime especially with the CL up and running...

For his price you really can't go wrong with Bertrand! He will definitely see game time! He's been seriously in favour with Di Matteo since the CL final and plays as a midfielder when he starts! Cant go wrong if you have the money in bank IMO. Hes only missed one game so far this season and it the only match they didn't keep a CS in too!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »

I'd advise anyone to rid their team of any Southampton or Reading players. Both look set to go straight back down.

I turned off the Reading Spurs game at the weekend. It was woeful to watch at times. Reading struggled to keep the ball for even a few passes on occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Southampton had a horrible run of opening fixtures so the likes of Clyne will become more desirable in a couple of weeks time.

Reading are a mixed bag. No harm giving one of their players (Gorks/Guthrie/Pog) the 3rd spot on your bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Reading have a double GW coming up also. I have Pog at the moment but will likely swap him out soon.

If their DGW was coming up soon I'd probably hold on to him but it hasn't even been scheduled yet.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Southampton had a horrible run of opening fixtures so the likes of Clyne will become more desirable in a couple of weeks time.

Reading are a mixed bag. No harm giving one of their players (Gorks/Guthrie/Pog) the 3rd spot on your bench.

I'm not sure about Clyne to be honest. Southampton also lost 2 nil at home to Wigan which was a poor result. They were terrible at the back in the games I've seen.

If you're stuck for a cheap player there are better alternatives available IMO. Norwich, West Ham and Swansea all have defenders that play around 4 million and Sterling or Kakalinic would be better value than Guthrie.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Clyne to be honest. Southampton also lost 2 nil at home to Wigan which was a poor result. They were terrible at the back in the games I've seen.

If you're stuck for a cheap player there are better alternatives available IMO. Norwich, West Ham and Swansea all have defenders that play around 4 million and Sterling or Kakalinic would be better value than Guthrie.
    True, I actually took the gamble on Davies ahead of both Gorks and Clyne last week.

I did however go with Guthrie as I think he's a nailed on starter. I still have my reservations about Sterling and Kakalinic and whether they're guaranteed a game each week.

Think I'll give both another week or two to prove themselves before I make that switch. Nothing worse than relying on your last sub only for him to not feature either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Reading have a double GW coming up also. I have Pog at the moment but will likely swap him out soon.

If their DGW was coming up soon I'd probably hold on to him but it hasn't even been scheduled yet.

that extra fixture is away to Sunderland, i'm not sure i'd fancy them to score offensively or defensively in that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

cant believe simpson went down now i cant change him for another 5m defender fk sake

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I know it has been posted in another thread but i said i would stick it in here too with a link.

Martin O'Neill on Carlos Cuellar: ''Carlos has a hamstring problem and i think he would be very doubtful for not only this game but perhaps the next couple of matches''

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2012/september/cuellar-expected-to-miss-hammers-trip

If Ryan Nelsen manages to keep his place at QPR, he's a snip at 3.9 million. They started poorly but I still think Hughes will get them playing efficiently at the back eventually.

They already managed to hold Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

If Ryan Nelsen manages to keep his place at QPR, he's a snip at 3.9 million. They started poorly but I still think Hughes will get them playing efficiently at the back eventually.

Bought him during the week there instead of Fabio, like you say he's excellent value...

Been looking at Nastasic for City...........he started against Madrid midweek displacing Lescott as Kompanys central defensive partner, anyone think he could nail that spot as his own.......at 5.5m would be excellent City defensive cover !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

With Cuellar out for the game week (possibly) I'm stuck with choosing between Jenkinson (MCI) or Wilson (CHE).

Who'd be the better option? I'd be preferable to Wilson due to how Stoke play and I can't really see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet.

Delboy5 wrote: »

Bought him during the week there instead of Fabio, like you say he's excellent value...

Been looking at Nastasic for City...........he started against Madrid midweek displacing Lescott as Kompanys central defensive partner, anyone think he could nail that spot as his own.......at 5.5m would be excellent City defensive cover !?

Too much rotation at City. They still have Lescott and Toure, and Richards can play centre half too if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This post made up my mind,Cuellar out,Nelsen in & money in the bank.With no team guaranteed to keep clean sheets,cheap & cheerful for defenders is the way to go.

zerks wrote: »

This post made up my mind,Cuellar out,Nelsen in & money in the bank.With no team guaranteed to keep clean sheets,cheap & cheerful for defenders is the way to go.

I'm holding out myself another week to see if he keeps his place. QPR have signed a lot of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Have read posts on other forums from QPR fans that said Nelson won't keep his place. Mbia to come in for him from next week apparently. How true that is I don't know though. Cheap defenders like that are difficult to move if you used all the money saved elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm sure there's loads of us with the Cuellar dilemma now, who are people bringing in? I have nothing in the bank so I have 4.5 even to spend.

WBA look a good bet at home to Reading, but most of their defenders are out of my price range. The only one I can afford who may start is Billy Jones, he's been covering RB since Steven Reid was injured against Everton. The site has Reid down as 50-50 to return this weekend, so it's a risk. Sky Sports say that Clarke is "hopeful" he'll return.

I'm thinking either Perch (Norwich at home) or Clark (Southampton away). I fancy a Newcastle clean sheet more than a Villa one, but I'm not 100% sure about Perch starting. He has started their last two though (Everton and midweek EL game).

Cuellar -> Hughes is what I'm thinking. I'll wait a week to see how close Cuellar is to a return/whether I'm stuck.

I'm sure there's loads of us with the Cuellar dilemma now, who are people bringing in? I have nothing in the bank so I have 4.5 even to spend.

WBA look a good bet at home to Reading, but most of their defenders are out of my price range. The only one I can afford who may start is Billy Jones, he's been covering RB since Steven Reid was injured against Everton. The site has Reid down as 50-50 to return this weekend, so it's a risk. Sky Sports say that Clarke is "hopeful" he'll return.

I'm thinking either Perch (Norwich at home) or Clark (Southampton away). I fancy a Newcastle clean sheet more than a Villa one, but I'm not 100% sure about Perch starting. He has started their last two though (Everton and midweek EL game).

The one argument for Clark is that he's a goal threat. I have Steven Taylor but I plan to drop him in the next fortnight. Newcastle have been poor at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Barnett at norwich could be a good option, whats thestory with mccartney at westham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I'll probably keep Cuellar. He'll only miss a couple of games. The Wigan game being the only one I'd actually have played him in. More important transfers in mind.

I'll probably keep Cuellar. He'll only miss a couple of games. The Wigan game being the only one I'd actually have played him in. More important transfers in mind.

That's my plan to. He's a goal threat and will walk back into the team so I'll just leave him there. My four other defenders are all regular starters anyway so I shouldn't be caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Who would you start Rafael or Demel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

3 from: Demel h to Sund, Gallas h to QPR, Clark a to South, Jagielka a Swansea, Williams h Everton

Which 3 ye reckon to start

Paddy Power clean sheet odds say:

Gallas 6/5
    Demel 7/4
    Jagielka 2/1

Williams 5/2
    Clarke 11/4

I'd probably play Clakre ahead of both Jags and Williams though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Paddy Power clean sheet odds say:

Gallas 6/5
    Demel 7/4
    Jagielka 2/1

Williams 5/2
    Clarke 11/4

I'd probably play Clakre ahead of both Jags and Williams though.

Sound, thanks but yeah I have Clark with Demel & Gallas for now. Despite PP i'll stick with my own pick.

Advertisement