Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Midfielders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Now that we're a few weeks in, who would you all say are the 4 best midfield players to have now then lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I have Kagawa, Nolan, Michu, Bale and Hazard at the moment

The best four to have at the moment would be Silva, Bale, Fellaini and Mata/ Hazard in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I have Kagawa, Nolan, Michu, Bale and Hazard at the moment

The best four to have at the moment would be Silva, Bale, Fellaini and Mata/ Hazard in my opinion.

Why Silva? He's done very little fantasy wise this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

titan18 wrote: »
    Why Silva? He's done very little fantasy wise this season

Yeah that is true but I think it is a good time to get him. He was brilliant last season and is due a good run of form in the league soon I think.
    Might get a decent price on him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Glad Iv stuck with bale, really starting to pay off the last few weeks. Il give hazard and michu another chance next weekend before I decide to get rid or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Glad Iv stuck with bale, really starting to pay off the last few weeks. Il give hazard and michu another chance next weekend before I decide to get rid or not.

I shipped Bale in last Gameweek, It's definitely paid off!

Should I get rid of Michu & Hazard or should I give them 1 more Gameweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ace0x9 wrote: »

I shipped Bale in last Gameweek, It's definitely paid off!

Should I get rid of Michu & Hazard or should I give them 1 more Gameweek?

I'd give both 1 more gameweek ! Both are at home and have the potential to bounce back with good returns.

I'd give both 1 more gameweek ! Both are at home and have the potential to bounce back with good returns.

They aren't exactly bad either! Just haven't scored many points from a FPL manager's perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I haven't seen a city game in a few weeks. Does anybody know how deep Toure has been playing since javi garcia's been playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

worth gettin Mata for a points hit and captain him v Norwich? hittin' serious form!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

manual_man wrote: »
    worth gettin Mata for a points hit and captain him v Norwich? hittin' serious form!

The only thing is that he is very very expensive, Should he be starting every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'd wait. I had him gw1 and Hazard was on form and now i have Hazard Mata on form :eek:

I'm keeping the faith one more week with Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

p.oconnor wrote: »

The only thing is that he is very very expensive, Should he be starting every week?

The way he's playing at the moment, YES. He was far better than Hazard v Arsenal, and much farther forward, he ran the show. Plus another two goals last night. This game is about getting the right players at the right time. He looks on fire at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Who would people choose between bale and Carzola?
    I'm leaning towards Bale at the moment, as he is in a vein of form, but Carzola has been playing great stuff for Arsenal too.

Who would people choose between bale and Carzola?
    I'm leaning towards Bale at the moment, as he is in a vein of form, but Carzola has been playing great stuff for Arsenal too.

Tough choice. I'd pick Bale. He's in form at the moment.

Cazorla for the long term. Gameweek 15 onwards -- Easier fixtures. He's got MUFC away and Tottenham at home before gameweek 15 which are extremely tricky fixtures. Other than that, he has easy fixtures around those two tricky fixtures.
    He's a menace in and around the box. I can see him assist/score a few before GW 15 though.

I have both in my team at the moment.

Gameweek 7 and onwards:
    Mata or Hazard?

Will Mata's form continue or will Hazard comeback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gameweek 7 and onwards:
    Mata or Hazard?

it's impossible to tell.

Hazard looks lazy at the moment, but you just don't know what will happen.

if you watched Mata last season, he was inconsistent in his points scoring, but that could change. it really is just a judgment call.

what i will say is, if you have Hazard already, it'd be a bit risky to swap Hazard straight for Mata.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's impossible to tell.

Hazard looks lazy at the moment, but you just don't know what will happen.

if you watched Mata last season, he was inconsistent in his points scoring, but that could change. it really is just a judgment call.

what i will say is, if you have Hazard already, it'd be a bit risky to swap Hazard straight for Mata.

Mata got a decent 162 last season but yeah, he was inconsistent in patches.
    I already got Hazard. I guess I'm going to torture myself with the Mata vs Hazard dilemma all night. I got a gut feeling that Mata's going to score a goal and/or assist vs Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Crazy that Mata can't even get into the Spanish squad at the minute, let alone the first team. Embarrassment of riches.

http://www.supersport.com/football/spain/news/121005/Martinez_replaces_Pique_in_Spain_squad

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Gameweek 7 and onwards:
    Mata or Hazard?

At the mo I've Hazard and have had from the start. With his price increase of 9.5 to 10.3 and Mata's drop from 9.5 to 8.8 I'll be well up.
    Mata is obviously the player on form right now?

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    Crazy that Mata can't even get into the Spanish squad at the minute, let alone the first team. Embarrassment of riches.

http://www.supersport.com/football/spain/news/121005/Martinez_replaces_Pique_in_Spain_squad

Well, hey. With players like Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta, Thiago, Fabregas and almost half of the Barcelona and Real Madrid squad.. Mata was never an option! [Not to mention a certain Jesus Navas and David Silva]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

crap, danny guthrie is going to drop to 4.3 tonight. would of rathered waited and made sure sterling didn't get injured tomorrow. also don't like making transfers so early on an international break week.

Michu scored! Hazard Scored! To keep them or not to keep them, yet? That is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Michu scored! Hazard Scored! To keep them or not to keep them, yet? That is the question.

Im going to keep both for another week! Swansea at home to wigan, could be another goal in that for Michu and you wouldn't know what to do with Hazard but ill keep him on a week by week basis!

Im going to keep both for another week! Swansea at home to wigan, could be another goal in that for Michu and you wouldn't know what to do with Hazard but ill keep him on a week by week basis!

I don't mind holding onto Michu.. just hope he doesnt get all these yellow cards! Thinking of offloading Hazard cause he's got games against Tottenham, United and Swansea! He isn't exactly in form either. Scored the goal today somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I don't mind holding onto Michu.. just hope he doesnt get all these yellow cards! Thinking of offloading Hazard cause he's got games against Tottenham, United and Swansea! He isn't exactly in form either. Scored the goal today somehow.
    Ya im thinking the same, debating if i will replace him with Bale. Bales price is definetly going up tonight, pity as i was hoping to wait until tomorrow to see how he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Wouldn't say that. His upcoming fixtures may be difficult and his price is obviously quite high but I wouldn't say he's not in form at all.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Wouldn't say that. His upcoming fixtures may be difficult and his price is obviously quite high but I wouldn't say he's not in form at all.

He was alright on the pitch today, if you noticed. Dropped deep at times to clear the way for Mata and Oscar.. he isn't in the best of forms but he isn't in the worst of forms either. Mata played deep too but he was wayy more creative. Lobs, Through balls... hell, he ran the show. Totally stole the limelight from Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I didn't even see todays game but the stats seem to indicate that he put in a performance on a par if not ahead of Mata.

• Advertisement

Need a bit of help here.. Thinking of taking an 8 point hit to bring in Torres for the next gameweek onwards.. I got a really good feeling he'll perform in all the big matches.. The thing is, I need a 6.4 midfielder to go with him.
    I've got 2 options: Duff and Morrison. Who do you reckon is better?
    [I haven't made the transfers as yet.. I'll wait for the International week to get over.. but I'm pre-planning]

captureiyq.jpg

Advertisement