Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Midfielders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

james123 wrote: »

I might just wait and see what happens this weekend then before I make my choice but Cazorla is far to expensive to give little return
    Walcott is certainly on my radar now. Gonna see how he does Saturday.
    Gervinho out for month and Walcott seems to be coming into good form. 2 home games in a row as well ....

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

km79 wrote: »
    Walcott is certainly on my radar now. Gonna see how he does Saturday.
    Gervinho out for month and Walcott seems to be coming into good form. 2 home games in a row as well ....

apparently he will be on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mata injured?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mata injured?

Major doubt for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mata injured?

Where did you hear that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Crap, was hoping to save my transfer. I've Cuellar(maybe), Gibbs, Demel injured too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Grid. wrote: »
    Bloody hell!!:rolleyes:

Thought you'd seen enough?
    Demba Ba

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

How long is Mata out?

Looking for some good value cheap/mid-range midfielders, any recommendations?

There seemed to be tons of them a while back but slim-pickings on current form/fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Morzadec wrote: »
    How long is Mata out?

Could be back next weekend.

zerks wrote: »

Could be back next weekend.

Correction: WILL be back next weekend.

That draw at Swansea means that RDM will be desperate for a few wins in the next few games. He'll push him back into the mix ASAP. (Next week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Can't make up my mind about Cazorla. I wanted to get rid of him this week, but had more pressing issues. Glad I didn't of course with the goal this week. But now I'm thinking that for the last 4 weeks (8,2,3,7) he has an average of 5pts a week. And he has an average of over 5pts a week for the season as a whole. 3 of his last 4 games were away, and 1 was obviously against united. His next 2 are home.

So in summary, I think I'll be hanging onto him, for a while at least. The only real alternative is probably Bale, but he's very inconsistent, and has 2 tough away fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Can't make up my mind about Cazorla. I wanted to get rid of him this week, but had more pressing issues. Glad I didn't of course with the goal this week. But now I'm thinking that for the last 4 weeks (8,2,3,7) he has an average of 5pts a week. And he has an average of over 5pts a week for the season as a whole. 3 of his last 4 games were away, and 1 was obviously against united. His next 2 are home.

So in summary, I think I'll be hanging onto him, for a while at least. The only real alternative is probably Bale, but he's very inconsistent, and has 2 tough away fixtures.

I don't think he's doing quite as individually badly as people make out, it's more down to Arsenal as a whole struggling to consistently score. Generally when Arsenal score a couple of goals or more he scores well (barring that ridiculous 5 points when Arsenal put 6 past Southampton :p). Out of ten games Arsenal as a team have scored more than once only three times, in which Cazorla got 13/5/8 which shows that when Arsenal actually create attacking points he'll get amongst them.

If you're deciding whether to keep him or not it's more about whether you think Arsenal as a team will improve in the near future than Cazorla himself. People have likened him to Silva in his first season, a good player who doesn't produce fantasy points, but Silva was taking part in 3 goal+ routes without scoring, this isn't the case with Cazorla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ace0x9 wrote: »

That draw at Swansea means that RDM will be desperate for a few wins in the next few games. He'll push him back into the mix ASAP. (Next week)

Wow. Yesterday you were posting on multiple threads (post1 and post2) asking how long Mata will be out for in bold no less but today you're an authorative voice on him definitely being back next week despite no one outside of CFC having the first clue as to how bad his injury is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I thinks he's doing the owl reassure yourself trick lol, often guilty of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

I would love to have your optimism :)

Wow. Yesterday you were posting on multiple threads (post1 and post2) asking how long Mata will be out for in bold no less but today you're an authorative voice on him definitely being back next week despite no one outside of CFC having the first clue as to how bad his injury is?

Wishful thinking. It works for me, you should try it out sometime. Btw, Mata popped up to 50% from 25%. That's a good sign. Hopefully, by midweek, he'll be at 75%.

p.oconnor wrote: »

I would love to have your optimism :)

Its served me well over the past 4 years; while betting and otherwise. The moment you stop believing in the possibility of something happening (based on facts and experience), the chances of it happening will steadily decrease. Believe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wishful thinking. It works for me, you should try it out sometime. Btw, Mata popped up to 50% from 25%. That's a good sign. Hopefully, by midweek, he'll be at 75%.

Or he could rush back for CL and make it worse?

• Advertisement

Or he could rush back for CL and make it worse?

Well, it could go either way, I've given a thought to that, too.. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, many people could move sideways to Cazorla/Bale/Gerrard/Silva(when he's back). I'm going to show a some patience and hang onto him. He'll be back soon anyways; I just hope that it's in next week's fixture.

Chelsea seemed toothless without Mata and I'm sure RDM would want him to play both, the CL and the PL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Thinking about Bale to 1) Cazorla; 2) Walcott; 3) Mata
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I wouldn't ship bale, but i wouldnt be without Mata either. I've 3 of those 4, you can prob guess the other one is Theo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Is Walcott likely to start for Arsenal now? Interested to see how long he'll be out with his inury. Thinking of downgrading Bale to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Who do you think will score better this weekend?

Nolan or Michu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

toss a coin.

Swansea at home edges it for Michu IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I have Nolan, Michu, Mikel, Obertan & Fellani in midfield.
    I have 2.7m in the bank thinking of dumping out Mikel for Duff, Walters or Morrisson any suggestions or tips, I do not think either of them have great fixtures coming up and I am slightly tempted by Gervinho, I can see Arsenal scoring a few against Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

kilburn wrote: »
    I have 2.7m in the bank thinking of dumping out Mikel for Duff, Walters or Morrisson any suggestions or tips, I do not think either of them have great fixtures coming up and I am slightly tempted by Gervinho, I can see Arsenal scoring a few against Villa

Mikel and Obertan?? Were you drunk! Get rid of them ASAP.

That really is a shocking midfield :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

kilburn wrote: »
    roryc wrote: »
    Mikel and Obertan?? Were you drunk! Get rid of them ASAP.

That really is a shocking midfield :o

Has to be an attempt at trolling! Bringing Gervinho in for any of them says it all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Trolling whatever, since when is asking for advice trolling.

I have a crap midfield and I am looking for advice on shaking it up, I am looking to get rid of two crap midfielders and thought Gervinho might get a goal against a poor Villa defence, I dont see your problem to be fair

Advertisement