Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football - Midfielders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Do ye think hazard will defo outscore bale or dempsey in gw1?

is hazard the best chelsea midfield option?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Formation wrote: »

is hazard the best chelsea midfield option?

Hard to know.....I think he'll need time to settle, didn't feature much in pre-season games. I think Mata or Ramires are better options.....if they play that is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Any advice for the best 4.5m midfielder? Currently have Britton but he isn't much of a point scorer.

Was just going to ask the same, any suggestions?

I was looking at maybe Jack Cork of Southampton. He played in all 46 league games for them last year which is quite a feat in itself, albeit with no goals (I don't know how many assists), but he doesn't look a bad option! Also considering Gibson, at 5.0 he seems a decent cheap option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

Opinions on Yaya Toure? Overpriced? Too Defensive?

I have him in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just bottled it and swapped Mata for Hazard! Mata is a stalwart for Chelsea and a proven points scorer, sense has to tell me that RDM cant have him on the bench! Want to have Cazorla in my team and just think 2 unproven players is too much to risk first week!

Will more then likely transfer Mata out for either Bale/VDV after a week or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Any thoughts on this midfield please?

VanDerVaart + Yaya Toure + Raires + Allen (Liverpool) + O'Neill (West Ham)

I will be playing 4 in the middle.

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Any thoughts on this midfield please?

VanDerVaart + Yaya Toure + Raires + Allen (Liverpool) + O'Neill (West Ham)

I will be playing 4 in the middle.

Regards

Iba

poor tbh

how will vdv be impacted by sig?
    will yaya have an attacking role?
    will ramairez play?
    allen isnt exactly attacking plus has tough fixtures
    o' neill, will he even play?

far too many question marks imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Anyone think Gerard (9.5m) and Lamps (9m) offer good value? Goal treats and set piece takers.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    poor tbh

how will vdv be impacted by sig?
    will yaya have an attacking role?
    will ramairez play?
    allen isnt exactly attacking plus has tough fixtures
    o' neill, will he even play?

far too many question marks imo

Thanks Red,

And I dont know the answewrs to ur questions.

Just put O'neill in as a cheap mid; will normally b on the bench (I play 4), who could I replace him with?

Thanks

Anyone think Gerard (9.5m) and Lamps (9m) offer good value? Goal treats and set piece takers.

Gerard = No

Lamps = not sure, he didnt play every week last year, did he? Might b ok for DGW though.

• Advertisement

I think gerrard could be great value this year if he keeps fits. It looks like he will be back into his best position of Attacking Midfield, the only problem is tough opening fixtures but after these i can see gerrard scoring big. he is far better value than lamps imo

For anyone who's still having a nightmare (and getting sick of looking at your team in the process!:pac:) trying to pick the right midfielders for GW1 heres fantasyfootballcheats article on their choices! A decent read that may or may not help out for anyone who dosn't already frequent the site!

http://www.fantasyfootballcheat.co.uk/2012/08/15/gameweek-1-tips-midfielders/

pienaar, n zogbia, hazard, bale, noble

or

kagawa, puncheon, hazard, bale, noble

which do you prefer

pienaar, n zogbia, hazard, bale, noble

or

kagawa, puncheon, hazard, bale, noble

which do you prefer

Tough one, I think Piennar will play more than kagawa. I read that N zogbia is playing terrible at the mo. Puncheaon, did he even get a game for Southampton last year?

Tough one, I think Piennar will play more than kagawa. I read that N zogbia is playing terrible at the mo. Puncheaon, did he even get a game for Southampton last year?

i think kagawa is quality to only problem is if uts sign rvp then kagawa will be played deeper and if not he will play off rooney which is obviously better.

I think punchean will be a starter on the wing which isnt bad for 4.5

n'zogbia has been i good form according to a mate who supports villa, i havent seen much of them myself but i believe he even played up front on occassion

i think kagawa is quality to only problem is if uts sign rvp then kagawa will be played deeper and if not he will play off rooney which is obviously better.

I think punchean will be a starter on the wing which isnt bad for 4.5

n'zogbia has been i good form according to a mate who supports villa, i havent seen much of them myself but i believe he even played up front on occassion

what about steve Ireland?

what about steve Ireland?

he is 5.5 but definetly someone I am keeping an eye on to see how villa line up, if he plays in the hole behind bent he could be a decent option but will have to wait and see and keep him on the watchlist

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Puncheaon, did he even get a game for Southampton last year?
    Looked into Puncheon myself, seems to have a played a good bit in their pre-season. I reckon he'll be a starter.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I've read about how bad N'zogbia has been from a few people on here now. I'm not sure whether or not we're all just feeding off the same faulty source or not, because he's been playing almost as a striker in some games and was far from "bad" in one highlight reel I saw.
    Not saying he's worth it, I just think a few people might still have a bitter taste in their mouths from the beginning of last season and are being overly harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Bale or Carzola?

Bale or Carzola?

BUMP.... I've got Cazorla at the moment! still unsure about new signings for GW1 already swapped Hazard out for Mata!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

both if you can manage it imo i know it's easier said than done. even if i was only going with 2 big midfielders i would go with both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

swapped cabaye to n'zogbia. Would rather Ramires but not sure he'll play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

With RVP now on his way to united what are any of you that had kagawa doing? I think i might get rid myself, see how he starts out over first few games and have another look then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hogey007 wrote: »
    With RVP now on his way to united what are any of you that had kagawa doing? I think i might get rid myself, see how he starts out over first few games and have another look then.

I'm definitely getting rid of him now. He's number 1 on my list to get straight back in though.

This RVP deal (if it goes through) has messed everything up. Pretty much every team will change cause of it.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely getting rid of him now. He's number 1 on my list to get straight back in though.

This RVP deal (if it goes through) has messed everything up. Pretty much every team will change cause of it.

I know, i had just about settled on my team, now it's back to the drawing board.

I've dropped kagawa for Noble anyway to try get extra money for strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not mine. I have no red coloured players on my entire team! :eek:
    (a few maroon and blue though, otherwise they're all blue or white bar federici)

I took Kagawa out, to risky now. Brought in Bale instead.

Whats your thoughts on Yaya? He's a decent price at 8m, especially with that new formation City are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After much thought, I'm keeping him in. He was a regular pre-season and I think he'll start on Monday with RVP on the bench. This isn't exact science though. It's more like homeopathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm another getting rid of Kagawa now, was hoping he'd be my secret weapon as none of the guys I'm in a league seemed to be going with him. Guess I could bring Cazorla in instead, but already have Mata who potentially could need to be swapped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

After much thought, I'm keeping him in. He was a regular pre-season and I think he'll start on Monday with RVP on the bench. This isn't exact science though. It's more like homeopathy.

I can't comprehend that logic though. Why put Kagawa in for one game, that isn't even an easy fixture, only to have to waste your first transfer on getting him out when RvP does play in the second game?

The 15 I start with are always a 15 I'd be happy to keep for the full season if their form allowed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fergie wrote:
    "In 1999 I had Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the four best strikers in Europe. We are going towards that now with Javier Hernandez, Wayne Rooney, Robin, Danny Welbeck and Shinji Kagawa.
    As expected, Fergie is including Kagawa in his list of central attacking options as opposed to his central midfield options.

Time to jump ship me thinks.

Are Cleverly and Anderson viable options now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just got rid of Kag. Yaya in. 0.5m in the bank for first transfer.

Nearly 30% of teams have Yaya.:eek:
    And 25% have Allen:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Utd midfield is not strongest so I think fergie will go with rooney up front and kagawa nani and vp behind him and have Jones and carrick holding position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Utd midfield is not strongest so I think fergie will go with rooney up front and kagawa nani and vp behind him and have Jones and carrick holding position.

I can't see him using his best striker behind Rooney,whatever about RVP up front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Not sure of which signing for 5.5 million. What do people think Ireland Allen or Dyer.

For other midfielder not sure between Mclean and Larsson the same price. Think Snodgrass at 6.0 could be a good bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

new signing for Liverpool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oussama_Assaidi

Good stats over the last 2 seasons, albeit in the Dutch League

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Not sure of which signing for 5.5 million. What do people think Ireland Allen or Dyer.

For other midfielder not sure between Mclean and Larsson the same price. Think Snodgrass at 6.0 could be a good bargain.

Ireland for me. If he plays in the whole behind Bent at 5.5m he is great value and Lambert has said they need to utilise his strengths. Villa will also be more attack minded this season then last season when they were managed by McLeish.

Invincible wrote: »

I can't see him using his best striker behind Rooney,whatever about RVP up front!

Vp player behind other strikers before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

But he's the better finisher now

• Advertisement

But he's the better finisher now

At arsenal he was. Different style of football at utd. Rooney is fergie fav and project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Ireland for me. If he plays in the whole behind Bent at 5.5m he is great value and Lambert has said they need to utilise his strengths. Villa will also be more attack minded this season then last season when they were managed by McLeish.

Dyer and Larsson would be the safe options I think. Both guaranteed to play and have proven ability to chip in consistently. I'd go for Ireland and Larsson myself though. Think Lambert will get the best out of Ireland.

what are people's thoughts on aaron lennon at 7.0? (is he even fit?)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

what are people's thoughts on aaron lennon at 7.0? (is he even fit?)

At 7.0 i think Cabaye would be a better option.

Larsson/Walters/Pienaar or maybe even N'Zogbia(if he plays like he can) would be better options at 6.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

2 expensive midfielders are Mata / Bale currently, was thinking Nasri instead of Bale but not sure if he will start many games. My 6.5m option is Michu but debating McClean, still havent made up my mind. Other cheap starter is currently Ireland but Allen may come into the reckoning depending on how he goes this weekend. As the cheap bench player I have Puncheon but that may change, Danny Guthrie is another option here who will play every week and should pick up a good few points.

As you can see I'm not really sure of anyone bar Mata!! Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Whats the lowdown on Southampton's new man Gaston Ramirez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Whats the lowdown on Southampton's new man Gaston Ramirez.

There's was alot of rumours Liverpool were after him. So i'd say he's no mug. 1 goal in every 4 games last season for Bologna

manual_man wrote: »
    There's was alot of rumours Liverpool were after him. So i'd say he's no mug. 1 goal in every 4 games last season for Bologna

Cant believe he went to Southampton if Liverpool really were after him, i reckon he will be a sure starter for them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

What do people think of Miyaichi? Is he likely to start?

• Advertisement

From BBC Sport

1319:
    FOOTBALL Martin Jol confirms Clint Dempsey wishes to leave the club and he will not be in the squad to face Norwich tomorrow.
    "If we get the right price for Clint we will sell him. If not, he will stay," he says

Advertisement