Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football - Midfielders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dempsey wrote: »
    If FISO is correct, he will not be going up tonight

I doubt that 170000 figure is correct. It was only about 30000 last year, can't imagine there's that much of a difference. I dont think he'll go up tonight though unless the target figure is really low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If FISO is correct, he will not be going up tonight

oh really? cheers. because after seeing him on MOTD i was just about to switch him for hazard. If he's not likely to change by tomorrow i'll wait and watch hazard play first.
    Although my intention was never to keep hazard anyway, chelsea have too many midfield options.

ps. what is FISO anyway? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

FISO tracks the buying and selling of players to the point of calculating prices rises and falls.

When a player hits 100% of his Target NTI, his price should increase by 0.1m. Vice versa for price falls. The FPL servers usually update their prices at ~3am of the following day.

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

FISO tracks the buying and selling of players to the point of calculating prices rises and falls.

When a player hits 100% of his Target NTI, his price should increase by 0.1m. Vice versa for price falls. The FPL servers usually update their prices at ~3am of the following day.

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

ah nice one, have bookmarked that page. thanks a mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

deisedude wrote: »
    Going to dump Dempsey. So i have up to 9.5m to spend on a midfielder. Any suggestions? Already have Michu btw

Carzola,anything good Arsenal do he will be involved,plenty here gave good reports on him today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

dahat wrote: »
    Carzola,anything good Arsenal do he will be involved,plenty here gave good reports on him today

Having looked at Match of the Day it looks like he has adapted to the Premier League seamlessly. Just bought him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

roryc wrote: »
    Not near enough talk about Michu and 2% ownership. Definitely my main differential!

*ahem*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Pieenar or Nolan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Pieenar or Nolan?

I'd def go with Nolan. Westhams fixtures are better than Evertons.

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Going to dump Dempsey. So i have up to 9.5m to spend on a midfielder. Any suggestions? Already have Michu btw

Carzola, Hazard or Kagawa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Considering Pienaar to Michu before he rises .

Would have liked the option to see how Pienaar does before giving him the chop though .

Decisions decisions .

Considering Pienaar to Michu before he rises .

Would have liked the option to see how Pienaar does before giving him the chop though .

Decisions decisions .

who are your other midfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Curious to see where Adam Johnson ends up,FF points per game was high last year.
    Very much like Valencia in that he is a 1 trick winger who will i think get points if he has a decent striker man to aim for........7.0,pricey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone here not jumping on the Michu bandwagon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Anyone here not jumping on the Michu bandwagon?

I shall not be.

I have Dyer (who by the way is 1.0m cheaper and scored more points, what's with the ridiculous Michu love in?), so right now I have absolutely no need to touch off the guy. I also have Graham, so as far as I can see I'm all Swansea'd out.

I love the fact that people seem to be buying him because either 1. he scored 2 and assisted one against what is a diabolically sh1te QPR side. 2. he is about to go up in value.

He has played 90 mins in England against QPR, a team who are lucky not to be in the Championship. He probably will go on and have a fine first season, but I do find the bandwagon thing pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Might look at bringing in Kacaniklic as a cheap midfielder.

Played pretty good this weekend, will hopefully keep his spot!

Fizman wrote: »
    I shall not be.

I have Dyer (who by the way is 1.0m cheaper and scored more points, what's with the ridiculous Michu love in?), so right now I have absolutely no need to touch off the guy. I also have Graham, so as far as I can see I'm all Swansea'd out.

I love the fact that people seem to be buying him because either 1. he scored 2 and assisted one against what is a diabolically sh1te QPR side. 2. he is about to go up in value.

He has played 90 mins in England against QPR, a team who are lucky not to be in the Championship. He probably will go on and have a fine first season, but I do find the bandwagon thing pretty funny.

Outside of Real And Barca he scored more goals than any other midfielder in La Liga last season 15 in only 37 appearances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I shall not be.

I have Dyer (who by the way is 1.0m cheaper and scored more points, what's with the ridiculous Michu love in?)

Michu - 18
    Dyer - 16

Outside of Real And Barca he scored more goals than any other midfielder in La Liga last season 15 in only 37 appearances

There's no doubt that he's a serious talent. At the moment I've Graham in my team as well. If I didn't have him I'd get Michu in straight away. Two Swansea players is too much for me. He's looking good though.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Michu - 18
    Dyer - 16

Woops, I stand corrected. I have no doubt he will have a good season, but I'd nearly put money on Dyer having a more productive season (in terms of points per 1.0 million of his value).

• Advertisement

There's no doubt that he's a serious talent. At the moment I've Graham in my team as well. If I didn't have him I'd get Michu in straight away. Two Swansea players is too much for me. He's looking good though.

Why not swab Graham with Petric and then get in Michu

You have to wonder though how he was only available for 2m and why none of the big boys went for him, I know united were linked with him for a while, hed walk into the liverpool team and I think he would like up well with suarez

Big move. I'm reluctant to take point hits at all. Worked for me last season and I using that tactic again. If I had a wildcard now I'd probably go for it.

My brother is raging. I set up his team and put quality players in there. Tevez captain, Riise and a few others. Michu was one of them. Left him 2nd sub on the bench though. No hope of getting on :D.

put michu in for Guthrie last night (who i needed to get rid of before gw3 anyway) I had 5.0 left aside incase i wanted to put RVP or rooney in for Tevez or torres but i'll leave that a week or 2 and see how it pans out.
    he rose to 6.6 anyway.
    didn't get on the siggy bandwagon last season and it cost me big. Michu could go quiet now but not willing to take the chance, 5 of his next 7 games are at home. will have a much clearer picture of him by then. unlikely to lose any money on him so if he's not doing much there's no real risk to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Why take out a player with 2 home games in a row, for one who has 2 away in a row, including one at Old Trafford? To bring in a Swansea midfielder who scored two points more than the one he already has?

And all at a cost of 4 points?? Makes no sense.

Benimar wrote: »
    Why take out a player with 2 home games in a row, for one who has 2 away in a row, including one at Old Trafford? To bring in a Swansea midfielder who scored two points more than the one he already has?

And all at a cost of 4 points?? Makes no sense.

Good point I was focusing on the whole season and the fact he didnt want to double up on swansea players, I played my WC stupidly on Saturday night and got Petric in but I think ill get in Graham for the next 2 game weeks and depending on how he does trade him in for Petric

Michu has pulled up in training with a calf strain lads . On Ssn it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Michu has pulled up in training with a calf strain lads . On Ssn it was

Windup?

Windup?

Nope .

FC5FBD0A-FBAA-4CCA-853D-EFE55D19671C-20035-0000060FB1918CA9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Not the worst fake I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Windup?

Nope .

FC5FBD0A-FBAA-4CCA-853D-EFE55D19671C-20035-0000060FB1918CA9.jpg
    LOL why would sky be running a yellow banner for a Swansea midfielder straining a calf muscle in training FAKE !!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

So, Cleverly starts.

What do you think of him if he stays fit? He's only 6m which is a bargain for a Utd player if he plays regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Mr Moon wrote: »
    So, Cleverly starts.

What do you think of him if he stays fit? He's only 6m which is a bargain for a Utd player if he plays regularly.

The problem is he probably won't be too regular. I imagine RVP is eventually going to be playing 80% of games with Rooney, which will probably drop Kagawa a little deeper, playing in the role Cleverly has been put in today.

If he's fit and playing, 6m could be a super bargain. It's a gamble though.

I'll be keeping an eye on him anyway, I'm getting either him or Kagawa in the next few weeks.

anyone getting fellaini in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I got him in the last time he took united asunder while playing off jelavic in that 4-4 game.

The next week Moyes dropped him back to a much deeper role and he did feck all.

Won't be getting burned again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

fellani or pienaar is one i will be keeping an eye on over the next few weeks.

pienaar will play on the left wing most games

fellani we cant be certain if he will play DM, CM or off the striker on any given week which is a problem because if he was sure to be playing off the striker he would be a shoe in.

how will naismith and mirralles (sp) impact on pienaar/fellani?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    fellani or pienaar is one i will be keeping an eye on over the next few weeks.

pienaar will play on the left wing most games

fellani we cant be certain if he will play DM, CM or off the striker on any given week which is a problem because if he was sure to be playing off the striker he would be a shoe in.

how will naismith and mirralles (sp) impact on pienaar/fellani?

From what I can tell Fellaini's role last night was all about disrupting Carrick and Valencia, neither of whom are natural defenders, and he did that exceptionally well.

Their next match is against Villa and I would be very surprised if someone like Vlaar let Fellaini dominate in the air as much as he did. When Fellaini ventured over to Vidic's side of the pitch he didn't win any headers. On Carrick's side he won everything.

I could well be wrong but I don't think we'll see him playing as a striker for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Fellaini was incredible last night, but as you said he's a once off - won't do it consistently against a lot of teams. It's not like he's new to the Premier League. Hopefully a load of people jump on this bandwagon though!

On thing I noticed though... Mignolet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Van Buyten, Fellaini, Hazard, Vertonghen, Dembele, Witsel, Mirallas, Lukaku... how the f*ck did Belgium not qualify for the Euros? And Ireland did!

Will be backing them to win Euro 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

roryc wrote: »
    Fellaini was incredible last night, but as you said he's a once off - won't do it consistently against a lot of teams. It's not like he's new to the Premier League. Hopefully a load of people jump on this bandwagon though!

On thing I noticed though... Mignolet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Van Buyten, Fellaini, Hazard, Vertonghen, Dembele, Witsel, Mirallas, Lukaku... how the f*ck did Belgium not qualify for the Euros? And Ireland did!

Will be backing them to win Euro 2016.
    I think they had some internal issues in the camp between the German and French speakers but I think it is resolved now.

Siggy or Bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

At same price I'd give Bale the nod, he's used to linking up with Tottenham's strikers more for assists. Injury prone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Okay from gw4 onwards what 3 mids from these 4 would people be going with:

Cazorla
    Kagawa
    Bale
    Hazard

Obviously you could throw yaya in there too, and Valencia if he goes back to right wing. But at the moment anyway they look the 4 most dangerous in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Okay from gw4 onwards what 3 mids from these 4 would people be going with:

Cazorla
    Kagawa
    Bale
    Hazard

Obviously you could throw yaya in there too, and Valencia if he goes back to right wing. But at the moment anyway they look the 4 most dangerous in that price range.

I have Kagawa and I think he will improve but I would say Hazard will be the popular choice - I am certainly considering upgrading Yaya for him.

Adam Johnson signed for Sunderland, hmmm!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Adam Johnson signed for Sunderland, hmmm!!

Not great news for McClean or Larsson owners.

Is he a left winger or a right one? I can remember him playing more on the right than the left with City. Maybe I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

So what do we reckon the deal is with Moses? Will he be replacing Rameires to play opposite Hazard, or just another multi-million bench warmer?

If the former, not having him ASAP would be silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

carlcon wrote: »
    So what do we reckon the deal is with Moses? Will he be replacing Rameires to play opposite Hazard, or just another multi-million bench warmer?

If the former, not having him ASAP would be silly.

FF Scout reckons it's the latter.

Adam Johnson, on the other hand, could prove useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pity Johnson didn't come in at £6.5m.

Won't make too much of a difference for McClean owners. Johnson and McClean will be the two wingers.

Bad news for Larsson owners though IMO. He will probably end up playing around the centre of midfield in a 4-5-1 for some away games or against tough opposition at home, but he won't start every week now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement