Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football - Midfielders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Paully D wrote: »
    Pity Johnson didn't come in at £6.5m.

Won't make too much of a difference for McClean owners. Johnson and McClean will be the two wingers.

Bad news for Larsson owners though IMO. He will probably end up playing around the centre of midfield in a 4-5-1 for some away games or against tough opposition at home, but he won't start every week now.

Will he start tomorrow at least?

I can always ship him out soon. Just want this game from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

want to replace mata, so have 9.4m :mad:

would have liked bale. Who would you guys bring in? siggs/michu/kagawa/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will he start tomorrow at least?

I can always ship him out soon. Just want this game from him.

Yeah he'll be playing tomorrow without a doubt (unless he's sick or something tonight).

Yeah he'll be playing tomorrow without a doubt (unless he's sick or something tonight).

Grand. Fecking Johnson the eejit had to move to Sunderland of all places. These late transfers are messing with my team. First RVP now Johnson. Better not be any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Will johnson defo start tomorrow? i'm gonna bring him in

Will johnson defo start tomorrow? i'm gonna bring him in

Adam Johnson? Not a chance, unfortunately he's not registered in time to play tomorrow. Will make his debut away to Swansea next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Adam Johnson? Not a chance, unfortunately he's not registered in time to play tomorrow. Will make his debut away to Swansea next week.

Same with Fletcher?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Same with Fletcher?

Fletcher was registered in time so should make the bench tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

i'll stick him on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Nolan or Jarvis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Grand. Fecking Johnson the eejit had to move to Sunderland of all places. These late transfers are messing with my team. First RVP now Johnson. Better not be any more.
    Well if they are messing with your head this weekend you are really in for it next weekend as clubs try to get their business done before the window closes at 11.00pm friday nite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Liverpool have just signed Sahin from Madrid on loan.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Well if they are messing with your head this weekend you are really in for it next weekend as clubs try to get their business done before the window closes at 11.00pm friday nite.

Forgot about that. The won't be registered for the weekend games though I don't think so we'll be alright for another week.

Kagawa all the way, he will score alot more goals

I have Kagawa, Hazard and Bale

I am considering selling Bale for Nasri or Carzola, should I

A. Keep Bale

B.Sell him for Nasri

C. Sell him for Carzola

If I sell him ill earn 1.0m for Nasri and 0.5m and 1.0m for carzola with the spare cash I will bring in Pieenar for Nolan, the problem is that Nasri and Pieenar are due to rise tonight so if im going to sell bale it needs to happen tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Is Narsi guaranteed to start often?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

bale or kagawa?

A. Keep Bale

B.Sell him for Nasri

C. Sell him for Carzola

If I sell him ill earn 1.0m for Nasri and 0.5m and 1.0m for carzola with the spare cash I will bring in Pieenar for Nolan, the problem is that Nasri and Pieenar are due to rise tonight so if im going to sell bale it needs to happen tonight

Nolan looked like he'll score a few in the two West Ham games. I wouldn't rush him out tbh.

He was unlucky not to get one today.

Pienaar is a nice differential IMO. Not many people (in leagues I'm in anyway) seem to have him, Everton are on form and have a nice run of fixtures coming up, and you can depend on him a lot more to play serious minutes every week than say, Kagawa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

A. Keep Bale

B.Sell him for Nasri

C. Sell him for Carzola

keep bale, norwich at home next week. decide after that if you still feel he;s not performing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The yaya toure doubters who claimed he won't be at much because he'll be sitting too deep are eating their words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The yaya toure doubters who claimed he won't be at much because he'll be sitting too deep are eating their words.

Munch munch!!!!......8.0 delivers again,looks well priced now!

In fairness, he only got pushed up today because City were losing. If they had been leading, he would have been held back.

That said, he delivered more than Cazorla and Nasri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Lemlin wrote: »
    In fairness, he only got pushed up today because City were losing. If they had been leading, he would have been held back.

That said, he delivered more than Cazorla and Nasri.

I've a similar interpretation. I've always thought Yaya goes forward when City are in trouble. I figured: "City would rarely be in trouble this season, so what's the point in having him?"

16 points in 2 games. That's the point, Carl.

carlcon wrote: »
    I've a similar interpretation. I've always thought Yaya goes forward when City are in trouble. I figured: "City would rarely be in trouble this season, so what's the point in having him?"

16 points in 2 games. That's the point, Carl.

He goes forward when they're in trouble or when the other team goes down to ten men. Apart from that he sits back. I'm not sold on him at the moment. Good price but I don't think he'll play as forward for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'd imagine Silva not playing today had something to do with Yaya going forward more? Also.... I think that now with Rodwell in the team, if he gets gametime, he'll be the more attacking CM, that role would suit him better just like the defensive role suits Yaya better. Yaya is at his best in the defensive CM role, he might not score often from there but he's at his best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

it doesnt really matter where in midfield he plays, he's always going to get forward whether its a penetrating run from the back or a corner kick. City had both nasri and silva on the pitch against chelsea in the community shield and he still scored, he's a threat where ever he plays imo.

City play with 2 holding players but in truth at any given time only one of them really actually sit back when city go forward, its usually barry/de jong/rodwell because toure's attacking potential is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

considering yaya myself now he is probably the only guaranteed starter in midfield or attack out of both manchester clubs. You would never captain him but a consistent points scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

looking at yaya as well. had him in my team all summer, went for bale in the end. bale is a lot of money to be getting me 2 points two weeks in a row. early days yet though, i'll give him another few weeks with spurs nice fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It'll be interesting to see how much game time Sterling (4.5) or Assaidi (6.5) get for Liverpool after there bad run of fixtures end.

Sterling in particular at only 4.5 could be a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

yaya or kagawa?

peinaar or fellaini?

head is wrecked as yaya is performing well at the minute but with rooney out it means kagawa is more secure in the position off the striker.

fellaini is doing better at the minute and his price is rising but naismith played well last week aswell so i imagine fellaini will play a deeper role more often, but he is on fire at the minute

• Advertisement

I have my eye on yaya too ,its either himor cazorla for bale in the next 2 weeks , thats if Bales current bad form continues of course, I thought id be under pressure to make the move early but it doesnt look like toure is going to go up in price yet and bale has some tasty looking fixtures so im holding off for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tempted to get in Raheem Sterling to free up funds elsewhere. Another good performance today i'd be surprised if he lost his place. 4.5 could be a great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

manual_man wrote: »
    Tempted to get in Raheem Sterling to free up funds elsewhere. Another good performance today i'd be surprised if he lost his place. 4.5 could be a great bargain.

Does he have any end product though? Haven't watched him play but Liverpool's problems up front are well known... I have Maloney as my cheap midfielder at the moment.

OctavarIan wrote: »

Does he have any end product though? Haven't watched him play but Liverpool's problems up front are well known... I have Maloney as my cheap midfielder at the moment.

From what i've seen so far, he'll chip in with a fair few assists, and maybe a few goals. He's been very impressive. Early days, but think he might be worth a risk as the midfield cheapie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Is Dembele going to be a starter for Spurs? Great value at £6m to get an attacking spurs midfielder.

However, there seems to be a lot of competition- Dempsey, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale, Sandro, Livermore & parker to come back also. Also if AVB starts defoe & Adebayor there be a place lost in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

From what i've seen so far, he'll chip in with a fair few assists, and maybe a few goals. He's been very impressive. Early days, but think he might be worth a risk as the midfield cheapie.

I'm looking at Sterling over my previous choice of Kacaniklic. Seems pretty lively and if he keeps getting gametime he will score/assist. Unless he gets Downing-itis

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

roryc wrote: »

I'm looking at Sterling over my previous choice of Kacaniklic. Seems pretty lively and if he keeps getting gametime he will score/assist. Unless he gets Downing-itis

If you're on a WC, then Guthrie at 4.4 is a good enabler. Plays off the front man sometimes and has a double coming up soon. The 5th midfielder spot is usually bench fodder anyway

If you're on a WC, then Guthrie at 4.4 is a good enabler. Plays off the front man sometimes and has a double coming up soon. The 5th midfielder spot is usually bench fodder anyway

Agreed.

Remember, if you plan on using 3 FORWARDS every game then you will never be able to utilise 5 midfielders. Therefore a ~4.5m MF is a must.

Agreed.

Remember, if you plan on using 3 midfielders every game then you will never be able to utilise 5 midfielders. Therefore a ~4.5m MF is a must.

what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Agreed.

Remember, if you plan on using 3 STRIKERS every game then you will never be able to utilise 5 midfielders. Therefore a ~4.5m MF is a must.

I assume that's what he meant ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

Is Dembele going to be a starter for Spurs? Great value at £6m to get an attacking spurs midfielder.

However, there seems to be a lot of competition- Dempsey, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale, Sandro, Livermore & parker to come back also. Also if AVB starts defoe & Adebayor there be a place lost in midfield.

i think he will be playing a more sitting midfield role. granted he has the engine to get forward but dempsey/siggy will spearhead. probably end up with this in time as preferred system
    dembele parker

lennon dempsey bale

adebayor

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I assume that's what he meant ^^

Yep, edited.

I disagree on the 5th mid being bench fodder. If you're going to play 4 mids most weeks, imo having all 5 as viable options is a good idea, chances are most gw's at least one of your mids has a difficult game so i think having 5 good mids is the way to go. Defense is different as traditionally less points come from there and for the most part you're picking only 3 from 5 anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kagawa pulled out of Japan match today with back injury...oh ohhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FutureGuy wrote: »

Id say that was Fergie having a quiet word in his ear telling him not to fuck himself up before the weekend!!;)

FutureGuy wrote: »

Id say that was Fergie having a quiet word in his ear telling him not to fuck himself up before the weekend!!;)

Looks that way to me too. He was actually an unused sub for the game so can't have been too injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looks that way to me too. He was actually an unused sub for the game so can't have been too injured.

You got a link for him been on the bench ?
    This says he wasn't on bench http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/11/asia/wc-qualifying-asia/japan/iraq/1269302/

I watched a little bit of and didn't see him .

And this shows he was in the stands for the match so not on bench http://english.kyodonews.jp/photos/2012/09/181743.html

You got a link for him been on the bench ?
    This says he wasn't on bench http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/11/asia/wc-qualifying-asia/japan/iraq/1269302/

I watched a little bit of and didn't see him .

And this shows he was in the stands for the match so not on bench http://english.kyodonews.jp/photos/2012/09/181743.html

The link on the other page says he was on the bench so I stand corrected.

Here it is:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/manchester-united-forward-shinji-kagawa-pulls-out-of-japan-international-just-before-kickoff-8125436.html

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Dembele or Nolan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

donglen wrote: »
    Dembele or Nolan?

Nolan - more chance of scoring/assisting

Advertisement