Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Forwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

City are a different side with Yaya they wobbled last jan aswell without him.

That's a good point. City haven't really impressed me all season going forward, scored far fewer goals than 2011/12. If they can turn it round though Aguero could be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

jenno99 wrote: »
    That's a good point. City haven't really impressed me all season going forward, scored far fewer goals than 2011/12. If they can turn it round though Aguero could be a good option.
    Ye true they havent been as good an attacking side as the were last year. All or nothing now for them they need to probably win nearly every game from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I just traded out Bale for Gerrard for the DGW. Depending on how both perform over the next week I might avoid the trade back as first planned, and instead look at a Suarez to Aguero move. City will have to go all guns blazing if they want to try and retain their title, and Aguero will have to start most if not all of the remaining games.

At 5% ownership he's a cracking differential. 23 goals last season.

roryc wrote: »
    I just traded out Bale for Gerrard for the DGW. Depending on how both perform over the next week I might avoid the trade back as first planned, and instead look at a Suarez to Aguero move. City will have to go all guns blazing if they want to try and retain their title, and Aguero will have to start most if not all of the remaining games.

At 5% ownership he's a cracking differential. 23 goals last season.
    Aguero is a brilliant differential and rotates perfectly with rvp for an alternative capt choice.

Yeh, it's a tough one though. Bale + Suarez or Gerrard + Aguero.

For differentials it's gotta be the latter, and I think it's time I took some gambles and tried to get back into the top 1k.

• Advertisement

Yeh, it's a tough one though. Bale + Suarez or Gerrard + Aguero.

For differentials it's gotta be the latter, and I think it's time I took some gambles and tried to get back into the top 1k.
    Would you go with a front 3 of rvp sturridge aguero best option IMO. I wouldnt have gerrard as you would have good CHEAP liverpool coverage you should then also be able to have bale. The way I see it Walcott Mata Bale Aguero Sturridge RVP and one other MID is the way to go.

Sturridge has done very well so far, I've always thought he was a good player especially when he was on loan at Bolton but I think you're getting ahead of yourself here!

Do you think Sturridge will outscore (in points) Michu, Fellaini or Gerrard? I put them all ahead of him, despite Michu's current bad patch. He's had a good start at Liverpool but its been 4 games, and he hasn't scored higher than 6 points yet despite having a good PPG so far. He's averaging 5 PPG and it's more likely this figure will drop slightly rather than increase. In order to compete with the players above he needs to show he's capable of banging in a big score of 10+, as all the above players are. The next gameweek will tell a lot, I think it's more likely Sturridge scores 4 points or less than return a combined score of double digits.

As for the idea of Liverpool 'cover', I've said it numerous times before this concept means aboslutely nothing. You don't need cover from teams, you need to pick players that will score highly. I couldn't care less if Everton draw 3-3 as long as Fellaini scores, he's not there for Everton 'cover' he's there to score points.

I'll be sticking with 3-5-2 for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'll be sticking with a front 2 of Sturridge and RVP with adding Silva potentially being my trump card.

Sturridge has done very well so far, I've always thought he was a good player especially when he was on loan at Bolton but I think you're getting ahead of yourself here!

Do you think Sturridge will outscore (in points) Michu, Fellaini or Gerrard? I put them all ahead of him, despite Michu's current bad patch. He's had a good start at Liverpool but its been 4 games, and he hasn't scored higher than 6 points yet despite having a good PPG so far. He's averaging 5 PPG and it's more likely this figure will drop slightly rather than increase. In order to compete with the players above he needs to show he's capable of banging in a big score of 10+, as all the above players are. The next gameweek will tell a lot, I think it's more likely Sturridge scores 4 points or less than return a combined score of double digits.

As for the idea of Liverpool 'cover', I've said it numerous times before this concept means aboslutely nothing. You don't need cover from teams, you need to pick players that will score highly. I couldn't care less if Everton draw 3-3 as long as Fellaini scores, he's not there for Everton 'cover' he's there to score points.

I'll be sticking with 3-5-2 for the moment.
    TBH I do think he will outscore those three
    Michu is playing for a mid table team with nothing to play for that will probably take a month to get over the greatest day in their history if they win that cup. Laudrup has also stated he needs a rest.
    Gerrard is on a great run but this isnt the gerrard of 08/09 that was playing off torres. He is a lot deeper just cant see him maintaining his form. IMO the only way he will outscore sturridge is if Liverpool get a load of pens. I know you dont like the 1.5 theory but he is also more expensive.
    Fellani is touch and go it depends what position he plays . He has been deep in some games lately but everton have a really tough run of games between now and the end they have to go to utd arsenal spurs chelsea liverpool and they play city at home compare that to liverpool who are finished with city united and arsenal the fixtures favour sturridge.
    It seems I take a riskier approach to the game than you do sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

I just don't think Sturridge has proven himself yet, despite a solid start of 3 goals and an assist in 4 games. Time will tell I guess. I don't think having him is a risk though, he's the best at that price bar Dzeko, but he's not guaranteed a game ever week at City. If he was I think this would be a harder decision.

If I was going 3-4-3 Sturridge would definitely be up top as third striker, but at the moment I think there are better MF options that don't need to score/assist as much to generate the same points.

• Advertisement

I just don't think Sturridge has proven himself yet, despite a solid start of 3 goals and an assist in 4 games. Time will tell I guess. I don't think having him is a risk though, he's the best at that price bar Dzeko, but he's not guaranteed a game ever week at City. If he was I think this would be a harder decision.

If I was going 3-4-3 Sturridge would definitely be up top as third striker, but at the moment I think there are better MF options that don't need to score/assist as much to generate the same points.
    Hasnt proved himself true but has had a great start . I predict you will be 3 4 3 by paddys day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Defoe is waiting on test results which could see him sidelined for a couple of months, Adebayor could hit a bit of form and it's likely that he will play every minute, 9m isn't cheap but Spurs will need more than Bale firing to qualify for Champs league, Adebayor likes playing in big games, if he gets started scoring he could go a bit nuts, tiny ownership.

I know he's been fairly rubbish this year but he's not a rubbish player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I suspect a forward line of Bale - Dempsey - Holtby will be implemented. Adebayor will be down the pecking order because he'll have to be rested abit before getting any starts

Not really what I wanted to hear after dropping Bale this week. He's a threat no matter where he plays though.

Defoe is waiting on test results which could see him sidelined for a couple of months, Adebayor could hit a bit of form and it's likely that he will play every minute, 9m isn't cheap but Spurs will need more than Bale firing to qualify for Champs league, Adebayor likes playing in big games, if he gets started scoring he could go a bit nuts, tiny ownership.

I know he's been fairly rubbish this year but he's not a rubbish player!
    had ade all last year got him at 8 mill as soon as he joined spurs proved great value got in and around 200 pts. Also signed him at the start of this year he lasted 3 weeks. Hes also on pens if he were to get a run of games which he will if defoes out he could suit some teams. Probably not for me as Im happy with my front 3.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I suspect a forward line of Bale - Dempsey - Holtby will be implemented. Adebayor will be down the pecking order because he'll have to be rested abit before getting any starts

Not a chance, Dempsey is not and never will be a number 9, I'd be surprised if Ade doesn't start and finish the game next weekend, there are numerous options open to AVB now with Holtby, Bale, Dempsey etc, Holtby could be used on the left with Bale filling the spot Dempsey had(again unlikely but Dempsey has been underperforming these last few weeks), however none of those options will involve playing without a recognised striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bale has said he wants to play up top through the middle so hopefully it happens.

I'm amazed Spurs haven't tried it before with all the midfield options they have.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Bale has said he wants to play up top through the middle so hopefully it happens.

I'm amazed Spurs haven't tried it before with all the midfield options they have.

It wont be rigid positions, those 3 can interchance easily.
    Not a chance, Dempsey is not and never will be a number 9, I'd be surprised if Ade doesn't start and finish the game next weekend, there are numerous options open to AVB now with Holtby, Bale, Dempsey etc, Holtby could be used on the left with Bale filling the spot Dempsey had(again unlikely but Dempsey has been underperforming these last few weeks), however none of those options will involve playing without a recognised striker

Who says AVB has to play with a no.9?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

Lemlin wrote: »

He played a good proportion of the game v West Brom in the middle and roaming around. Looked very dangerous, FF gold.

It wont be rigid positions, those 3 can interchance easily.

Who says AVB has to play with a no.9?

Nobody says he has to but what you are suggesting/predicting is very unlikely unless Adebayor shows up injured, he won't have played in almost a week, it's funny how you suggest that Adebayor is below Holtby in some "pecking order" you've come up with.

• Advertisement

One other thing, in the corresponding fixture from last year (Spurs home to Newcastle) Adebayor had a goal and 4 assists, I remembered him having a great game against Newcastle last year so I just looked it up, same time of the year as well.

Hasnt proved himself true but has had a great start . I predict you will be 3 4 3 by paddys day:)

I could be 3-4-3 after this gameweek, nothings set in stone. If Sturridge scores 2+ goals then consider himself a proven PL talent. Unless Michu does similar it would be hard not to look at downgrading one to upgrade the other. I still think Sturridge is more likely to draw a blank than score double digits.

If I'm proven wrong you can post I told you so, and the local troll will start the thankfest off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

You'd be mad to spend 9m on Adebayor IMO, guy is a joke. Far better value to be had.

Nobody says he has to but what you are suggesting/predicting is very unlikely unless Adebayor shows up injured, he won't have played in almost a week, it's funny how you suggest that Adebayor is below Holtby in some "pecking order" you've come up with.

Adebayor will be rested after ACON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Santi101 wrote: »
    You'd be mad to spend 9m on Adebayor IMO, guy is a joke. Far better value to be had.

In fairness, he was a huge asset to my team for periods last year. I got him in early and reaped the rewards.

That said, a friend who's an Arsenal supporter did warn me that would end when he got a permanent contract so I guess he was right.

I could be 3-4-3 after this gameweek, nothings set in stone. If Sturridge scores 2+ goals then consider himself a proven PL talent. Unless Michu does similar it would be hard not to look at downgrading one to upgrade the other. I still think Sturridge is more likely to draw a blank than score double digits.

If I'm proven wrong you can post I told you so, and the local troll will start the thankfest off :)

I wouldnt come on here bragging thats childish. Ok maybe I would a little bit. All shall be revealed michu grabs a hat trick and Ill be going 3 5 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Podolski to Benteke, Yeah or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

zerks wrote: »
    May........be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CSF wrote: »
    May........be

Helpful that.....

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

Worth taking the chance particularly as it will leave you with a nice bit of change, Podolski is the opposite of most of the guys we rave about as he's a striker playing in a midfield position, I wouldn't want that in my team. Is Benteke the best replacement? Who knows, if Villa are to stay up they'll rely a lot on him, hard to see them being a free scoring side though.

Advertisement