Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football - Forwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Rooney, Aguero and Podolski here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Rooney, Aguero and Podolski here

Strong attacking force!! I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Strong attacking force!! I like it!
    Just changed it to Rooney, Torres and Podolski! :D
    Also considering swapping Rooney for Aguero! I cant decide FFS!

Just changed it to Rooney, Torres and Podolski! :D
    Also considering swapping Rooney for Aguero! I cant decide FFS!

Torres is a good choice, even just for the gamble of the DGW! I will be shipping him out after that myself unless he seems to be banging them in again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

is there any 4.5m strikers that play

is there any 4.5m strikers that play

Sammon for Wigan will see game time but wont be a regular starter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Everyone seems to be ditching Torres after the DGW.
    Unless he's a complete flop over the 2 games I think I'll hang onto him for a few weeks anyway. Barring Chelsea buy a striker in the next 2 weeks he should be fairly regular this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be ditching Torres after the DGW.
    Unless he's a complete flop over the 2 games I think I'll hang onto him for a few weeks anyway. Barring Chelsea buy a striker in the next 2 weeks he should be fairly regular this season.

Could move hazard up front and play oscar as creative midfielder

Could move hazard up front and play oscar as creative midfielder

doubt that will happen unless Torres is back to "not being able to hit a barn door" over the course of a few weeks. In which case I'll have got rid of him anyway. Just think i'll give him his chance anyway.
    I currently have defoe - tevez - torres with 5.0 mil to spare to bring in Rooney or RVP.
    I could bring in Rooney for any of the 3 or RVP in for Tevez or Torres. But unless something drastic happens (Tevez getting a hat trick or Torres, getting subbed early) I think I'll give Torres the run in my team rather than Tevez.
    Tevez has too much competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Seeing the (c) beside Torres' name is bringing me out in a cold sweat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

<snip>

Article is from a site (www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk) with a paid subscription service and is in breach of their terms and conditions, please do not copy and paste articles from there or similar sites otherwise bans will have to be handed out.

Saha has gone in at 5.5 for Sunderland.
    After their first game which is a tough one at the emirates they have a few decent fixtures.
    Could be a decent get out for GW2 for anyone with pogrebneak (sp) in for the DGW and is looking to get rid before GW3 when reading don't play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Lads, struggling to decide between podolski and Bent, any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

get Bent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

manual_man wrote: »

get Bent
    Jeez manual man he's only asking a question :pac:

Just after bringing in vpersie and making him captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Decided I'm going to bring Torres as I can see him scoring a few in the two games... but I can't decide who to take out. My forwards look like this

Aguero - Suarez - Pogrebnyak

Who should I take out?

Decided I'm going to bring Torres as I can see him scoring a few in the two games... but I can't decide who to take out. My forwards look like this

Who should I take out?

As a Liverpool fan i will say Suarez! If anyone is going to get one for us this weekend i would put my money on Borini as Suarez and more then likely Downing will be playing behind him! Of course i could be talking out of my arse...

Will see how it pans out tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So for those who are going to bring one in, who's everyone eventually going to go with then, Rooney or Van Persie?

I'm leaning more towards Van Persie.

• Advertisement

Who should I take out?

As a Liverpool fan i will say Suarez! If anyone is going to get one for us this weekend i would put my money on Borini as Suarez and more then likely Downing will be playing behind him! Of course i could be talking out of my arse...

Will see how it pans out tomorrow!

Really? He looked so dangerous in Liverpools pre season. It's a waste playing him on the left imo. I guess I'll take him out so thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Has nobody else gone with Harry Kane for 4.5?? Could be super value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Kun getting what looked like a heavy knock people who had him now have a cash bonus which is an issue for us Tevez owners!!
    People can now swap to RVP/Rooney or upgrade a mid and go for Tevez......

I had hoped Tevez would be second to Auguero in ownership for a while yet........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

dahat wrote: »
    With Kun getting what looked like a heavy knock people who had him now have a cash bonus which is an issue for us Tevez owners!!
    People can now swap to RVP/Rooney or upgrade a mid and go for Tevez......

I had hoped Tevez would be second to Auguero in ownership for a while yet........

I'm pretty sure there are a lot more negatives than positives for those who have Aguero. They're missing a whole game today, probably have Chelsea players they wanted to transfer out instead of Aguero, and have to choose between RVP and Rooney after only seeing one game (assuming they don't rush him out tonight).

Plus, with so many people having Aguero, Tevez's price will rocket up as people swap the two.

This, of course, is all if he's actually out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

was Ba playing more central against the spuds?? it's a toss up between him and defoe for me. have 7.5 for a 3rd striker. might stick with defoe and see if spurs get another striker in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

darego wrote: »
    was Ba playing more central against the spuds?? it's a toss up between him and defoe for me. have 7.5 for a 3rd striker. might stick with defoe and see if spurs get another striker in

Ba was more central in the first half, but then was put wide left for the second half which, funnily enough, is where he scored from.

i'd still have Cissé over him hands down if you're intent on having a Newcy striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

looks like every team now will have tevez and rooney/rvp.

froog wrote: »

I don't think i will be jumping on that ship! I already have Tevez and ill be transferring Torres out this week more then likely but will probably go for Cisse and use the money elsewhere! Cant justify that price for 1 player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

froog wrote: »

I won't be going near Rooney or RVP yet, way to overpriced and neither looks great yet. You can get more reliable players for half the price.

Danny Graham should score more over the next few weeks than either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

roryc wrote: »
    I won't be going near Rooney or RVP yet, way to overpriced and neither looks great yet. You can get more reliable players for half the price.

Danny Graham should score more over the next few weeks than either of them.

Did Graham have any chances at the weekend...? Suprised that he wasnt involved in any of the 5 goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Should have scored at least 1, missed from about 3 yards out. Could have had a hat-trick, definitely hasn't lost his pre-season form. Was linking up brilliantly with Michu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Just after bringing in vpersie and making him captain

Oops!! :)

donglen wrote: »
    Oops!! :)

Didnt bring him in , Torres is my captain

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Didnt bring him in , Torres is my captain

Me too! We'll know after tomorrow night how good / bad a call that was. I'm pessimistic.

I don't think Rooney will be back on form against fulham so I'm thinking about getting someone else in.. Any suggestions on who to buy?
    Is Tevez a safe option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't think Rooney will be back on form against fulham so I'm thinking about getting someone else in.. Any suggestions on who to buy?
    Is Tevez a safe option?

Tevez is rising so the worst you could do is gain a few shillings.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Tevez is rising so the worst you could do is gain a few shillings.

I have 13 million in the bank so I'm not too bad in that area, goals are what I need though none of my players have scored

I have 13 million in the bank so I'm not too bad in that area, goals are what I need though none of my players have scored

for me i'd keep rooney for the next 3 games fulham (h) southampton (a) and Wigan (h)
    if he's still not performing by then you can bring in any striker you want for him.
    Tevez is away to liverpool this week so hardly likely to score more than 1.

Surely the money you have to spare would be better spent bringing in a goalscoring midfielder and seeing how rooney does this week (if you didn't want to give him the 3 matches) and if he's not doing it then you could bring in Tevez for the folowing week where he's at home to QPR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

for me i'd keep rooney for the next 3 games fulham (h) southampton (a) and Wigan (h)
    if he's still not performing by then you can bring in any striker you want for him.

A Liverpool without Agger maybe Enrique . If Carragher starts i'm thinking city will hammer them and who knows Tevez could get a couple .

Surely the money you have to spare would be better spent bringing in a goalscoring midfielder and seeing how rooney does this week (if you didn't want to give him the 3 matches) and if he's not doing it then you could bring in Tevez for the folowing week where he's at home to QPR

yeah I think I'll keep him for the next 3 games then
    My team looks like this

Krul
    Lescott - Ridgewell - Vermaelen
    Michu - Cazorla - Toure - Kagawa
    Petric - Ba - Rooney

which goalscoring midfielder were you thinking?

yeah I think I'll keep him for the next 3 games then
    My team looks like this

Krul
    Lescott - Ridgewell - Vermaelen
    Michu - Cazorla - Toure - Kagawa
    Petric - Ba - Rooney

which goalscoring midfielder were you thinking?

who is your benched midfielder?
    Kevin Nolan would be a good cheap(ish) shout. West Ham's next 6 or 7 fixtures are decent enough.

• Advertisement

who is your benched midfielder?
    Kevin Nolan would be a good cheap(ish) shout. West Ham's next 6 or 7 fixtures are decent enough.

James McCarthy, yeah I'll have a look at Nolan now he scored the goal in the Villa match didn't he

James McCarthy, yeah I'll have a look at Nolan now he scored the goal in the Villa match didn't he

yeah he scored in that match, I would have had him in only it said he was injured. Will try get him into my team over the next week or 2.

At 6.0 he's very good value, should play every week and will chip in with a few goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

A Liverpool without Agger maybe Enrique . If Carragher starts i'm thinking city will hammer them and who knows Tevez could get a couple .

As bad as Liverpool can be, they very rarely get a hammering at Anfield. Chelsea beat them 4-1 in 2005 if I remember and I think that could be the last 'hammering'. (On the scoresheet anyway).

1st home game of the season and after last weeks debacle, Liverpool will be keeping it tight.

Benimar wrote: »
    As bad as Liverpool can be, they very rarely get a hammering at Anfield. Chelsea beat them 4-1 in 2005 if I remember and I think that could be the last 'hammering'. (On the scoresheet anyway).

1st home game of the season and after last weeks debacle, Liverpool will be keeping it tight.

Rodgers will not change his way,he will play as he did last week and every other week and team he managed,pass and move type ball,tight is not his style,People are correct City could murder them

Rodgers will not change his way,he will play as he did last week and every other week and team he managed,pass and move type ball,tight is not his style,People are correct City could murder them

His Swansea team only conceded 18 goals at home last season..14 if you exclude the 4 Wolves scored when he was trying a new system. They also kept 8 clean sheets, including one against Man City.

Have a go at Liverpool all you like, but City won't 'hammer' them this weekend.

Benimar wrote: »
    His Swansea team only conceded 18 goals at home last season..14 if you exclude the 4 Wolves scored when he was trying a new system. They also kept 8 clean sheets, including one against Man City.

Have a go at Liverpool all you like, but City won't 'hammer' them this weekend.

Liverpool are not as efficent as Swansea were to his methods,fact is Liverpool looked to be struggling to adapt to his game play and on that basis City are not the team to be playing when trying a new system.
    Rodgers himself said things could get worse before they get better or eluded to that..........

Liverpool are not as efficent as Swansea were to his methods,fact is Liverpool looked to be struggling to adapt to his game play and on that basis City are not the team to be playing when trying a new system.
    Rodgers himself said things could get worse before they get better or eluded to that..........

We shall see on Sunday. I'd take a Man U player at home to Fulham before I'd take Tevez at Anfield though.

spurs have announced the signing of Adebayor.

will prob have to get rid of defoe out of my team soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spurs have announced the signing of Adebayor.

will prob have to get rid of defoe out of my team soon so.

Nice one will be getting him in for Gw3 he was great value last year had him all last season and IMO was much better value than Rooney who I stayed away from. Pity his price has gone up but should play every week and will be on penos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Last year, Adebayor had a season long job interview. This year he doesnt have to. It'll take a lot to convince me he's worth getting.

Advertisement