Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Forwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Last year, Adebayor had a season long job interview. This year he doesnt have to. It'll take a lot to convince me he's worth getting.
    He has the exact same goals per game ratio as rooney in the premiership and averages an assist every five games. He tried to manufacture a move away from Arsenal but sure atleast 4 or 5 players have done that since. If he just wanted the money he could have just sat at city and collected his wages for the remainder of his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Who to bring in for Aguero?? Spurs fixtures look good but will Defoe start or is Adebayor the main man up front now? Or maybe Tevez :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Who to bring in for Aguero?? Spurs fixtures look good but will Defoe start or is Adebayor the main man up front now? Or maybe Tevez :confused:

Out of them 3 it has to be Tevez.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

What happens if say you have three City players and Sinclair, then he signs for City.

Do you need to make a transfer or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ice87 wrote: »
    What happens if say you have three City players and Sinclair, then he signs for City.

Do you need to make a transfer or?

Not immediately, but the next time you make a transfer you MUST transfer out a City player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

this is a strange one.. Aguero has been called up for Argentina's internationals (7th-12th September) but Tevez will be staying in Manchester?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/24/manchester-city-sergio-aguero-argentina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stephen Fletcher signed for Sunderland for 14 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Rooney or Van Persie?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

hupskip wrote: »
    Rooney or Van Persie?

Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭redarmy

hey guy do ya think defoe will start??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

redarmy wrote: »
    hey guy do ya think defoe will start??

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

hupskip wrote: »
    Rooney or Van Persie?

Van Persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

hmmm had every intention of getting rid of torres but with him scoring, getting an assist and picking up the 3 point bonus he's given me something to think about. unless chelsea buy a striker before friday he's pretty much going to start every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hogey007 wrote: »
    hmmm had every intention of getting rid of torres but with him scoring, getting an assist and picking up the 3 point bonus he's given me something to think about. unless chelsea buy a striker before friday he's pretty much going to start every week.

I totally agree,if Chelsea fail to get someone in he could possibly be worth dropping an expensive midfield player to make a forward line of say RVP.Tevez and Torres.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

dahat wrote: »
    I totally agree,if Chelsea fail to get someone in he could possibly be worth dropping an expensive midfield player to make a forward line of say RVP.Tevez and Torres.........

yeah at the moment i have tevez, torres and defoe.
    was going to switch torres to RVP (i have 3.0 mil in the bank)

but now i think i'll use the 3.0 to swap kagawa for Ireland (will have to do that today before kagawa rises to 8.6 or i can't afford it)

will then look at the defoe situation over the international break. See how Bale gets on at home to norwich. I may potentially then sacrifice Bale for a really cheap midfielder (kacinilic or guthrie) to get me money to swap defoe for RVP who'd be at home to wigan that week.

Actually, would need to get another 1 mil (ish) from somewhere so would have to downgrade Cole in defence so it would require my WC.
    decisions decisons!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have Rooney, Tevez and Pogrebnyak. Obviously Rooney has to go but I really don't know who to get in.

Torres would be an option if I didn't already have Cole and Hazard in my team and it'll be a nightmare fielding a team when they have a week that they don't play.

Suarez maybe? He's just so hit and miss. I can't afford RVP.

Arsenal can't seem to find the net whatsoever.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have Rooney, Tevez and Pogrebnyak. Obviously Rooney has to go but I really don't know who to get in.

Torres would be an option if I didn't already have Cole and Hazard in my team and it'll be a nightmare fielding a team when they have a week that they don't play.

Suarez maybe? He's just so hit and miss. I can't afford RVP.

Arsenal can't seem to find the net whatsoever.

You could try Ade,i had thought Spurs were rotten but someone here corrected me quite rightly,they have had 2 pretty hard fixtures so maybe this week they will click,home to Norwich is a feast to a team with Bale and a fit(??) Ade.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dahat wrote: »
    You could try Ade,i had thought Spurs were rotten but someone here corrected me quite rightly,they have had 2 pretty hard fixtures so maybe this week they will click,home to Norwich is a feast to a team with Bale and a fit(??) Ade.........

I was thinking Spurs were the only "big striker" option.
    Adebayor could be a good one alright. He'll definitely play won't he? Won't be rotated with Defoe or anything?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I was thinking Spurs were the only "big striker" option.
    Adebayor could be a good one alright. He'll definitely play won't he? Won't be rotated with Defoe or anything?

That i cannot say but he has a record of doing well early on for "new" teams,Spurs need a win and i think they will turn to him next week,i maybe wrong but if i was stuck i would gamble,you wont get an easier fixture to gamble with........

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

He has the exact same goals per game ratio as rooney in the premiership and averages an assist every five games. He tried to manufacture a move away from Arsenal but sure atleast 4 or 5 players have done that since. If he just wanted the money he could have just sat at city and collected his wages for the remainder of his contract.
    city are paying the wage difference. He is on the same money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

city are paying the wage difference. He is on the same money.

I know that therefore the reason he bothered moving was to play games. If spurs dont sign a striker before the transfer window I will get him in after the international break as he will once match fit be a guaranteed starter and on pens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Need someone to replace Giroud, I have £10mil in the bank. Have Tevez and Pogrebnyak up front already. Any suggestions? Was considering Cisse/Ba or Defoe/Adebayor, or should I just stick it out? His fixtures aren't looking too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Dempsey wrote: »
    Tevez

Was that to me? Said above I have him, but I'd put him on twice if I could :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

richieffff wrote: »

Sorry, thought it read Torres! :o

In saying that unless Chelsea sign another CF, Torres would be a good choice imo, Adebayor is another

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Dempsey wrote: »
    richieffff wrote: »

Sorry, thought it read Torres! :o

In saying that unless Chelsea sign another CF, Torres would be a good choice imo, Adebayor is another

Jelavic for 8.5 is another option too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

What do you think of the prospects for Fletcher/Adebayor/Berbatov??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cathmhaoil1

Ba or Cisse for newcastle??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Ba or Cisse for newcastle??

BA on price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I wonder will Berbatov start at West Ham?

Advertisement