Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Forwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

keano_afc wrote: »
    I wonder will Berbatov start at West Ham?

Its a maybe- http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/31/3344596/berbatov-excited-to-join-fulham-could-make-debut-against?source=breakingnews

I've gone with Adebayor myself, spurs fixtures look good but he is also not a sure starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Very hard to predict whether or not Ade will start against Norwich. If AVB persists with 4-5-1 then I imagine Defoe will start ahead of him. The question is, with VDV gone does that place go to Siggy to keep the formation, or will he change to 4-4-2? At home to Norwich and needing a win, it must be a big possibility. But even then it's hard to be sure if Ade will start ahead of Dempsey who's available for his debut. Gah, decisions.

Anyone taking a punt on Carroll? I think Big Sam could well get the best out of him. I could easily see him starting today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Going 2 up front today,Tevez (C) & RVP. Keeping Torres for another week as I already took a 4 point hit to sort out my midfield.

I'll wait until all the new signings settle in at their clubs before doing anything.Happy enough with my strikers for the minute.Torres has exceeded expectations so he'll get another week despite having no game this weekend.(Plus don't want to take another 4 point hit)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Very hard to predict whether or not Ade will start against Norwich. If AVB persists with 4-5-1 then I imagine Defoe will start ahead of him. The question is, with VDV gone does that place go to Siggy to keep the formation, or will he change to 4-4-2? At home to Norwich and needing a win, it must be a big possibility. But even then it's hard to be sure if Ade will start ahead of Dempsey who's available for his debut. Gah, decisions.

Anyone taking a punt on Carroll? I think Big Sam could well get the best out of him. I could easily see him starting today.
    Dempsey will not play a part today as his transfer only happened late lastnite and it was too late for him to be registered with the Premier League for this weekends game.

^Completely forgot they had to be registered for midday to play this weekend. Seems like a choice between Siggy and Ade so, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 respectively. I decided not to risk it, hoping it doesn't come back to bite me.

• Advertisement

Phew, Siggy it is to (hopefully) vindicate my decision. Ade is too big a rotation risk until we see what kind of system AVB settles on as the weeks go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Does anyone think petric will play with berba , I have graham but I'm thinking of swapping him for petric , the reason being I have 3 Swansea players but also because I have Nolan and graham and nolan don't rotate well together but petric rotates well with Nolan , I'm also hoping petric will go down in price over the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Happy that I dropped Graham but did it for the wrong striker in Petric. Will have to swap Petric for one of Fletcher, Long, Kone or Di Santo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Happy that I dropped Graham but did it for the wrong striker in Petric. Will have to swap Petric for one of Fletcher, Long, Kone or Di Santo.

Kone the liveliest of them imo. If you wanna put your faith into Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going to keep faith with Graham for another few weeks anyway, probably look to get him out before gameweek 9 if his returns don't improve. Gameweeks 7 and 8 look the most promising for him over the next while.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Going to keep faith with Graham for another few weeks anyway, probably look to get him out before gameweek 9 if his returns don't improve. Gameweeks 7 and 8 look the most promising for him over the next while.

Ten Swansea goals and he has one goal and no assists to his name.

Anyone who still has the Pog, he dropped last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

did the exact same. going with fletcher myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep doing the same. His pre-season form was excellent, and 1 goal in three games ain't too bad for a 6m striker. He has a good run of 5 fixtures, I'd be happy enough with 2/3 goals from this.

roryc wrote: »

Yep doing the same. His pre-season form was excellent, and 1 goal in three games ain't too bad for a 6m striker. He has a good run of 5 fixtures, I'd be happy enough with 2/3 goals from this.

Have you watched much of Swansea's games? Unless they change tactics, Graham's game is all about dragging defenders out of position and creating space for the Swansea mids.

I'm keeping an eye on Long, Kone, Di Santo and Vaz Te.

I told you at the time in was the wrong move. More to do with the fact that it cost you four points than the difference between the players. There was little between them and definitely not worth a point hit. I still rate Graham as better than any of the above strikers, but this is personal opinion. And yes, I've watched every PL game so far. Hard not to when you are surrounded by the TV's in work.

Long - decent but never prolific, and not even guaranteed a start. Hasn't played the full 90 yet. Lukaku still has to come back from injury too.

Fletcher - scores two goals and the bandwagon begins. I rate him, but hes 1m dearer than Graham. Probably the best of the 4 above and the only one I'd be happy swapping Graham for.

Kone - Don't know much about him, think he was at a Spanish club last season but he's not exactly young is he. Watched him yesterday and wasn't impressed. Although I said the same about Ba's first few games last year, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Di Santo - No. Just no. 1 goal in six games for Wigan, shocking record for a striker.

If Graham doesn't perform over the next few games I'll ship him, but barring Fletcher I'd be wary of any of the above.

I told you at the time in was the wrong move. More to do with the fact that it cost you four points than the difference between the players. There was little between them and definitely not worth a point hit. I still rate Graham as better than any of the above strikers, but this is personal opinion. And yes, I've watched every PL game so far. Hard not to when you are surrounded by the TV's in work.

Long - decent but never prolific, and not even guaranteed a start. Hasn't played the full 90 yet. Lukaku still has to come back from injury too.

Fletcher - scores two goals and the bandwagon begins. I rate him, but hes 1m dearer than Graham. Probably the best of the 4 above and the only one I'd be happy swapping Graham for.

Kone - Don't know much about him, think he was at a Spanish club last season but he's not exactly young is he. Watched him yesterday and wasn't impressed. Although I said the same about Ba's first few games last year, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Di Santo - No. Just no. 1 goal in six games for Wigan, shocking record for a striker.

If Graham doesn't perform over the next few games I'll ship him, but barring Fletcher I'd be wary of any of the above.

You told me after the transfer was done. Petric made .1 of a million for me which is vital to my plans of utilising every penny and covers the cost of Clarke's fall. Because of taking 12 points of hits, I have kept my wildcard and have the majority of the team you wildcarded to.

That's interesting tbh. Last season for someone who watches that much soccer you didn't know the position of players like Kelly and Kolarov. Is your work letting you watch more soccer this year?

I can 't understand tbh how anyone playing their wildcard would keep Graham given his three performances to date.

He's not going to rise in value either. He had more transfers out than in earlier this morning.

Di Santo has five goals in his last 8 PL matches. Chelsea fans always said he would come good if he got a run.

Kone scored 15 in La Liga last year.

Long is the fulcrum of Brom's attack at the minute. Their midfield is the fulcrum of Swansea's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Di Santo has five goals in his last 8 PL matches. Chelsea fans always said he would come good if he got a run.
    Yeah, was going to say this.

I think you're being overly harsh on the merits of Graham though.

He's not getting as much of the ball as some other strikers but he's still quite a threat when he does get hold of it.

His stats compare favourably with quite a few high profile strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Graham is being outscored by too many members of his own team who are either cheaper or of equal value (or only started 0.5 more, in Michu's case). Of Swansea's 9 goals, he's scored 1 and assisted 0. Considering he's supposed to be their lone target man, that's not good enough at all. And it's not like he's being dominant but unlucky like the likes of Carzola. Michu, Dyer, and a lot of the pacey players all look sharper than him so far.

Then, when you look outside the Swansea team, there are far too many strikers in the 5.5-7m range that are showing both better value and better play right now.

I like the guy, and have had him in my team up until last night when I WC'd... but he's just not showing the worth we all know he could show - so he's gotta go with the WC.

carlcon wrote: »
    Graham is being outscored by too many members of his own team who are either cheaper or of equal value (or only started 0.5 more, in Michu's case). Of Swansea's 9 goals, he's scored 1 and assisted 0. Considering he's supposed to be their lone target man, that's not good enough at all. And it's not like he's being dominant but unlucky like the likes of Carzola. Michu, Dyer, and a lot of the pacey players all look sharper than him so far.

Then, when you look outside the Swansea team, there are far too many strikers in the 5.5-7m range that are showing both better value and better play right now.

I like the guy, and have had him in my team up until last night when I WC'd... but he's just not showing the worth we all know he could show - so he's gotta go with the WC.

The stats are actually worse than that Carlcon. Swansea have ten goals, not nine, and he has one goal to his name with no assists.

The only game he scored in was one where Swansea were two nil up because the other team made two dreadful mistakes and Laudrup changed the tactics in the second half by allowing him to stay on the shoulder of the opposition's centre half because they knew West Ham had to commit men forward and chase the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Grahams stats are much more favourable than the likes of Long yet you consider him to be a viable alternative.

More shots on goal, higher shots on target rate, more minutes on the field, more crosses etc.

There is a valid argument that the best swansea pairing to have would be Michu and Dyer/Routeledge but that leads to one less heavy hitter in midfield.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Grahams stats are much more favourable than the likes of Long yet you consider him to be a viable alternative.

More shots on goal, higher shots on target rate, more minutes on the field, more crosses etc.

There is a valid argument that the best swansea pairing to have would be Michu and Dyer/Routeledge but that leads to one less heavy hitter in midfield.

Depends what way you look at it. West Brom have scored 4 times while Long was on the pitch and he has a goal and an assist. So he was involved in 50% of their goals scored while he was on the pitch.

He has eleven points from playing Spurs, Liverpool and Everton, only one less than Graham who has faced easier opponents.

The likes of West Brom and Sunderland base systems around utilising their strikers. Swansea base theirs around utilising their mids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone taking a punt on berbatov? nice few fixtures coming up...

That's interesting tbh. Last season for someone who watches that much soccer you didn't know the position of players like Kelly and Kolarov. Is your work letting you watch more soccer this year?

I can 't understand tbh how anyone playing their wildcard would keep Graham given his three performances to date.

He's not going to rise in value either. He had more transfers out than in earlier this morning.

Kone scored 15 in La Liga last year.

Long is the fulcrum of Brom's attack at the minute. Their midfield is the fulcrum of Swansea's.

Stop concentrating on single posts I made last season. Sometimes I'll ask a question here rather than research it. At times its easier. Last week I asked if Jenkinson was a good bet and someone replied that Sagna will be back from injury soon so probably not. I could have gone and found the info myself but plenty of people will easily know more about Arsenal than me.

I'll most likely stick with Graham after my wildcard, you can go ahead with any of the rest. I could easily be proven wrong but so far my pre-season picks of Tevez, Michu, Cazorla etc have proven correct.

I don't rate Di Santo or Long at all in terms of FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

anyone taking a punt on berbatov? nice few fixtures coming up...

Fletcher is more or less the same price and a much better prospect imo. Played for a terrible team last season and still managed 12 goals - just behind Pap Cisse and Balotelli in the goals table. With the service he'll have at Sunderland now I'm expecting a good return. Got him in as my cheap striker as soon as he signed.

7m isn't that cheap. If he was 6m I'd have a tough decision, but that extra 1m does make the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Whats the story with Pog now, why have a load of people gotten rid of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

7m isn't that cheap. If he was 6m I'd have a tough decision, but that extra 1m does make the difference.

i had the option of yaya(and pog for the bench) or fletcher(and sterling for the bench). going with fletcher to outscore yaya easily with the service he's getting up front at sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Whats the story with Pog now, why have a load of people gotten rid of him?

i still have him. he's mainly a bench man for me, at 5m (or 4.8 now?) there is no better value for a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

froog wrote: »
    i still have him. he's mainly a bench man for me, at 5m (or 4.8 now?) there is no better value for a striker.
    yes, yes there is.

tevez is the main choice for value but rvp is also better value when you factor in the captaincy (and probably without).

Advertisement