Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Forwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

yes, yes there is.

tevez is the main choice for value but rvp is also better value when you factor in the captaincy (and probably without).

I think you missed the "at 5m" part of his post. He may well be becoming the forgotten man since he hasn't had a game since GW1, but I agree with froog that there isn't a better option for that price (he's actually 4.9 now). He played well against Chelsea, and scored a superb header. When he gets a run of games under his belt I'm hoping he can replicate his Fulham form from last season.

I'm not sure I'd have him as one of my main strikers, but my wildcarded team is set up for 3-5-2 so he'll be my #1 option from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Whats the story with Pog now, why have a load of people gotten rid of him?

Cos in wk 1 Reading played twice. No Reading game this week

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Looks like Aguero is almost recovered, he said he hopes to play the 2nd international for Argentina; anybody thinking he could be a really good differential with a tiny ownership compared to Tevez, ie Aguero in for Tevez with the WC; only 11.1 now with the potential to be up there with the top points scorers this year with RVP etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

What does everyone think of berbatov as 3rd striker? 6.9m and fulham have decent fixtures coming up...

What does everyone think of berbatov as 3rd striker? 6.9m and fulham have decent fixtures coming up...

I'm definitely keeping an eye on him, but I'll need to be convinced by him first before I put him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Dónal wrote: »
    I'm definitely keeping an eye on him, but I'll need to be convinced by him first before I put him in.

Yep. Better getting on a bandwagon a week late than 4 weeks early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

roryc wrote: »
    Yep. Better getting on a bandwagon a week late than 4 weeks early.

Who is the top selection for 3rd striker spot - ba, fletcher etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm currently sticking with Graham but its a close call between him and Fletcher. The £1m difference swings it for me.

Pogrebnyak is a great buy for 4.9m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »
    Pogrebnyak is a great buy for 4.9m

Plus he'll have a DGW coming at some point. I'll definately be keeping an eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

I have fletcher as my 3rd striker at the moment. I think Lambert could be useful too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I reckon Nikica Jelavic is a nice third striker option if funds can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Do people not fancy petric anymore? Is it expected that berbtov will take his place rather than partner him?

Is he partners him I'd expect petric to do well feeding off someone like berba

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Do people not fancy petric anymore? Is it expected that berbtov will take his place rather than partner him?

Is he partners him I'd expect petric to do well feeding off someone like berba

I shipped Petric out last week because I wasn't sure how guaranteed his place was. Berbatov came on to replace Petric at West Ham, instead of playing alongside him n that bothered me. I'll need to see how Fulham set up for the next few weeks without Dembele and with Ruiz back in the side before considering bringing him back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Michael Owen at 5.5. could potentially be a cheap striker if he gets his fitness nd match sharpness back. him and crouch worked very well together for england.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Michael Owen at 5.5. could potentially be a cheap striker if he gets his fitness nd match sharpness back. him and crouch worked very well together for england.

I'd be pretty shocked if he's used as anything more than a 20 minute impact player. Could be bad news for Walters in FF terms though - I can see Owen coming on for him quite a bit over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

RVP limped off with a thigh injury, disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

froog wrote: »

He was taken off at half time. Apparently it's not too serious. I won't be taking him out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

froog wrote: »

Not exactly, he was substituted at half time. Manager said it wasn't serious. Probably a bit of bruising and he'll be fine for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

You wouldn't know what to believe! We'll just have to wait until Saturday to see more then likely! On the one hand bollox if he dosn't start as all those who havn't got him in yet will still have a full strike force while anyone like myself who has him will feel his absence in our points scores this week :(... but on the other hand, means Utd are left with neither of there two main strikers and possibly Kagawa too so wouldn't imagine they'll do too much and Wigan could walk away with a Draw :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

carlcon wrote: »
    I'd be pretty shocked if he's used as anything more than a 20 minute impact player. Could be bad news for Walters in FF terms though - I can see Owen coming on for him quite a bit over the season.

Pulis has stated that he does not see Owen as a sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

FutureGuy wrote: »

yeah i would of thought the same myself. Could see him being a good signing for them if he stays injury free (big if i know) but in terms of FF at 5.5 he could be a bargain. if he does get injured he can quickly be shipped out.
    won't be putting him in yet (obviously) but will be keeping a close eye on him.
    Him feeding off Crouch's knock downs could provide quite a few goals for a 5.5m player.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    “He’s more than just an impact sub. We want Michael to get himself fit, in the team and playing regularly again,” said Pulis. “We’re delighted with the deal we’ve got and feel it’s well worth taking a chance with a player like Michael for all sorts of reasons. We believe, once he’s match-fit, that he’ll prove he can still score goals in the Premier League.”

http://takefootball.co.uk/?p=1749

He needs to regain match fitness first though. Still, someone to keep an eye on in the bargain bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Berbatov or Fletcher? Need opinions quick as I'm just finishing my WC team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

FatRat wrote: »
    Fletcher for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Fletcher for me.

Fletcher - with Dembele gone Fulham and Berbatov will struggle to adapt for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going to concede defeat here and get Graham out. Have £1.3m to spend. Thinking of Fletcher due to Sunderland's game being built around utilizing his strengths and a DGW to come sometime in the future. Any other suggestions? Berbatov has to be considered too I know.

FatRat wrote: »

Fletcher for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Talk of Ba being sold in January. This could be a masterstroke by Pardew. An :mad: Ba, is a lethal Ba

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Talk of Ba being sold in January. This could be a masterstroke by Pardew. An :mad: Ba, is a lethal Ba

I think Pardew wants him gone tbh. Why else would he come out and openly admit the lad can leave for 7 million?

Advertisement