Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - Forwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    Talk of Ba being sold in January. This could be a masterstroke by Pardew. An :mad: Ba, is a lethal Ba

I think Pardew wants him gone tbh. Why else would he come out and openly admit the lad can leave for 7 million?

That release clause was pretty well common knowledge. Surprised Liverpool didn't go for him, exactly the kind of predator in the box we need

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

That release clause was pretty well common knowledge. Surprised Liverpool didn't go for him, exactly the kind of predator in the box we need

He would be a great signing for Liverpool! I dont think our whole strike force scored as many goals as he did last season! Not that it would be hard:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Talk of Ba being sold in January. This could be a masterstroke by Pardew. An :mad: Ba, is a lethal Ba

I think Pardew wants him gone tbh. Why else would he come out and openly admit the lad can leave for 7 million?

The clause was known about but most people thought it had expired in July:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19655578

Pardew was more than happy to reveal today that it hadn't and Ba can go in January.

Newcastle haven't started this season nearly as well as last season. Dressing room problems perhaps?

The clause was known about but most people thought it had expired in July:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19655578

Pardew was more than happy to reveal today that it hadn't and Ba can go in January.

Newcastle haven't started this season nearly as well as last season. Dressing room problems perhaps?

Hard to say. It was always going to be hard to emulate last season. Perhaps Ba just doesn't like that he's no longer the 'main man' since Cisse's arrival. I think playing on the left pushed his ego out of joint. Which is understandable when you consider how prolific he had been up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone have an update on Graham's injury? I'm thinking of taking Kacanlicik off the bench for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

oh do i stand by torres or not?? i did for a good while last season and it hurt my team but i just keep fearing that as soon as i drop him he'll bag a hat trick and go on a run like his liverpool days.

If i sold him for fletcher/berba i could upgrade guthrie to pienaar or bertrand to baines.

but i see chelsea are at home to norwich the gameweek after next. i might give him until then to do something?

what's swaying me to keep him a bit longer is that unlike last season he has no competition for places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Got rid of Pog and used a bit of spare cash to get Lambert. Leaves me a front 3 of Lambert, Fletcher and RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Was thinking of getting in Anichebe.

You think he will hold his position with Jelavic coming back from injury soon?

Loco wrote: »

I don't know how long Jelavic is out for but Anichebe will not hold his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I don't know how long Jelavic is out for but Anichebe will not hold his position.

Jelavic looks to be fit for Evertons league cup game

• Advertisement

thinking strongly of getting Aguero instead of Tevez now. my thinking is that Tevez is more likely to get rotated than Aguero, Aguero seems to be a bit of a favorite of Mancini's, much like Yaya. Wise move?

thinking strongly of getting Aguero instead of Tevez now. my thinking is that Tevez is more likely to get rotated than Aguero, Aguero seems to be a bit of a favorite of Mancini's, much like Yaya. Wise move?

if you can afford it why not??

if you can afford it why not??

Yeah i can do it, but it will mean dropping Yaya for Sterling, to free up the funds. Reluctant to let the legend that is Yaya go, but i think with Kun back he'll probably sit back a bit further than he has been. Also, Liverpool have a great run of fixtures to come, and Sterling seems like a steal with him being a morealess guaranteed starter now

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

That's what I did last week. I think Aguero is number 1 in mancinis eyes (and in reality), Tevez number 2 and the other two are 3 and 4 in whatever order. I think Aguero is the best, when on form, he's lethal, missed a few yesterday but not fully fit yet, he will get rotated, but I don't think that much or as much certainly. As you say I think kompany, Yaya and Aguero are Mancinis three love children. Rightly so probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Will Mirallas keep his spot when Jelly comes back? Brought him in as I like Everton's fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

I was thinking to transfer at some stage

Rvp -> Aguero

and

Tevez -> Ba

Any thoughts?

8-10 wrote: »

Will Mirallas keep his spot when Jelly comes back? Brought him in as I like Everton's fixtures

Anichebe took Jelavic's place. I think Miralles has managed to fit in on right midfield because Osman moved centre to cover Gibson who should be back soon.

Miralles has played well though and they paid 7 million for him so I'd think he should keep his place.

I'm no expert on Eveton though tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Ba or Fletcher for gameweek 6? Take a pick.

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Ba or Fletcher for gameweek 6? Take a pick.

Fletcher. home advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I was thinking to transfer at some stage

Rvp -> Aguero

and

Tevez -> Ba

Any thoughts?
    I am also considering this as I have RVP and Tevez in my team and the 13.3 spent on RVP really does cripple the rest of my team and there is also the risk of Fergie rotating him alot since Man Utd have alot of options in the striker department. Not having RVP going into a gameweek is scary because of what he is capable of but you cant have it every way. At the moment the only one i would feel happy replacing him with would be Aguero. You would have to think from now until the end of the season (bar injury) RVP and Aguero will score close enough the same amount of points.

Aguero has now dropped from 11.5 down to 11 since he was injured. If i sell RVP i will get 13.4 for him and bring in Aguero which will free up 2.4.
    Tevez would then have to be replaced as it would be mad having 2 strikers from City in your team. Plenty options to bring in for him but Ba is leading the chase at the moment. Tevez was such good value at 9.0 and it would be hard for me to get rid of him but i think Aguero is the main man in Mancini's eyes and he will see the most game time. So if i sold Tevez now i will get 9.4 for him and replace him with Ba for 7.9 saving another 1.5. I would then have 3.9 and 1.0 already in the bank so i could replace one of my 4.0/4.5 defenders with Baines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tevez to Poldolski????......Arsenal really look decent and he seems certain of more gametime than Tevez plus he is on peno's too,tasty profit to be had as well..........

Shifting either him or RVP seems to be on alot of agenda's this week but moving either and spending the profits could be very dangerous move.......
    I think the Form of Baines and Ba has tempted people into selling the favoured front 2,best wait imo.......

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I am also considering this as I have RVP and Tevez in my team and the 13.3 spent on RVP really does cripple the rest of my team and there is also the risk of Fergie rotating him alot since Man Utd have alot of options in the striker department. Not having RVP going into a gameweek is scary because of what he is capable of but you cant have it every way. At the moment the only one i would feel happy replacing him with would be Aguero. You would have to think from now until the end of the season (bar injury) RVP and Aguero will score close enough the same amount of points.

Aguero has now dropped from 11.5 down to 11 since he was injured. If i sell RVP i will get 13.4 for him and bring in Aguero which will free up 2.4.
    Tevez would then have to be replaced as it would be mad having 2 strikers from City in your team. Plenty options to bring in for him but Ba is leading the chase at the moment. Tevez was such good value at 9.0 and it would be hard for me to get rid of him but i think Aguero is the main man in Mancini's eyes and he will see the most game time. So if i sold Tevez now i will get 9.4 for him and replace him with Ba for 7.9 saving another 1.5. I would then have 3.9 and 1.0 already in the bank so i could replace one of my 4.0/4.5 defenders with Baines.

I agree you completely but ManC and Newcastle doesnt pair well when watching home and away games and can i afford to go without ManU attacking coverage?

Tevez starting the cup game tonight. I think I'll be dropping him this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Steel Dog wrote: »

I agree you completely but ManC and Newcastle doesnt pair well when watching home and away games and can i afford to go without ManU attacking coverage?

I honestly think a united frontman is a must, you could save a million when Rooney comes back into the fold but IMO you do need some united cover up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Played 120 mins . Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench this week .

Jax Teller wrote: »

Played 120 mins . Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench this week .

More proof that Aguero is now the main City man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Yep, that fruitless 120 mins has pretty much my mind to drop Tevez.

I was going to going to go: Tevez + Pog > Fletcher + Jelevic, but Jelevic only came off the bench. My guess is he'll have to force his way back into the side and won't be an automatic choice immediately.

Therefore going for Tevez + Pog > Fletcher + Lambert. Lambert warming the bench for GW6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I'm going RVP, Berbatov & Mirallas

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Ballsy move bringing Mirallas in and hes yet to play a full 90 mins and has only scored 1 goal so far!

• Advertisement

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Ballsy move bringing Mirallas in and hes yet to play a full 90 mins and has only scored 1 goal so far!

Plus he started in right wing midfield against Swansea.

Advertisement