Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids wetsuit

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

My brother is looking to get a wetsuit for his 8 year old daughter. At that age is there much difference between branded wetsuits e.g. ripcurl, o neills and the cheaper options that they sell in lidl and aldi? They're moving to Sydney for a few years soon so she would use it often during their winter season down there i'd imagine.

From having skimped myself in the past I found its definitely better to pay for a premium brand upfront - is this necessary for kids?

Also if anyone has a suit for sale in the Cork area let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Don't go for the low cost brands EG. Elverys. Absolute waste of money.

Rentals such as Xcel were great, didn't feel the cold so I'd look into buying a proper suit as it's more of an investment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A 28 year old friend of mine still fits into a kid's Xcel suits, he saves a bomb the fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

i bought off scubastore.com there recently and was very happy with it. from 'fishing' around most Irish webstores and shops seem a bit pricey. def worth investing in a named brand if its going to get a lot of wear and tear.

http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/Suits-1-3%20mm/51/s

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gb153

Going for a reputable brand seems to be the way to go so - Thanks for the comments!

Advertisement