Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What java course should I do to make apps?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,

I am going back to college after 5 years in Sept to finish my honors degree. I want to make an android app for my project but completely forget how to do java.
    So I am just wondering what java course I should do (possibly as a bootcamp) to get up to speed with things and if possible thats specific to apps.

Hope someone can please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Google "TheNewBoston".

• Registered Users Posts: 20 imronburgundy

Thanks Gavin. Looks like a fairly handy website. Did you learn a programming language from scratch through it or just use it to refresh your knowledge? any other sites like this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

http://www.codecademy.com/

More JavaScript but if you've studied Java before then this should get you back into the swing of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thanks Gavin. Looks like a fairly handy website. Did you learn a programming language from scratch through it or just use it to refresh your knowledge? any other sites like this one?

Personnally I'm in the middle of a Computing degree, but I used NewBoston a lot to help me with programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 peter4sks

The new boston is Great. Really helped me alot with Java, javascript, php and HTML. Great site and youtube video's and he explains everything perfectly. He usually starts from the start. Bucky is my hero!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement