Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The banality of life.

• 07-08-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

God, isn't it so annoying when you've just watched all the ads during your favourite TV programme and then remembered you could have fast forwarded through them because you'd recorded it on Sky+.

Grrr.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Feck paying for sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

First World Problems :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Or when you put your shoes on and then realise that you're supposed to be having a shower and have to take them off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

or when the mince is cooked long before the pasta and you have to wait.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

frag420 wrote: »
    or when the mince is cooked long before the pasta and you have to wait.....................

Hint: Put the pasta on first. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Yeah, life sucks constantly and continuously. Whenever I get down about life I cheer myself up by reminding myself that I will die someday. So you see, it will end at some point. There's always a rainbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When you spend a minute looking for your keys to then remember they are in your hand :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Honestly who has Sky anymore? Sure you can get all the series of come dine with me on 4oD, what else do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Or when you put your shoes on and then realise that you're supposed to be having a shower and have to take them off again.

Or when you put your shoes on and then you remember that your pants has to go on first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Or when you set the alarm to get up at a certain time, only to hit the snooze and lie there for 9 minutes waiting for it to ring again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

That is literally the worst thing to happen to anyone, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

YouTube decides to stop so it can load the video even though the fùckin' grey bar is 2 miles ahead of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Youtube buffering is like the poster boy for ADD these days. State of it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Or YouTube stopping a video half way through it to play an ad and afterwards reset the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,801 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The banality of life? Really?
    That's nowhere near banal op. That's just being an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Our when you open a can of cat food instead of beans, then realise you don't own a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Dafuq. Totes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I find having to tie a loosened shoelace gives me extreme feelings of existential nihilism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Hint: Put the pasta on first. :D

Ye gods no. First sign of a bad pasta!

Pasta sauce should be slow cooked for flavour!

Philistine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Ye gods no. First sign of a bad pasta!

Pasta sauce should be slow cooked for flavour!

Philistine

Really? I find whether its slow or fast the dolmio tastes the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Come home starving, put a really tasty meal in the oven after a long day, 40 mins later you're salivating, anticipating the first delicious forkfull. Yep, cooker was never on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Or when you see one of your mates on a bus and you spend ages waving at them but they don't see you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Or when you see one of your mates on a bus and you spend ages waving at them but they don't see you.

Bus wanker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Or when you buy a bulb for your light but realise it's already gone when you get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Duggy747 wrote: »
    YouTube decides to stop so it can load the video even though the fùckin' grey bar is 2 miles ahead of it.
    Is it just me or have flash videos taken to pausing the download when you press pause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    God, isn't it so annoying when you've just watched all the ads during your favourite TV programme and then remembered you could have fast forwarded through them because you'd recorded it on Sky+.

Grrr.

Another one for the First World Problems list.

Roadend wrote: »
    Really? I find whether its slow or fast the dolmio tastes the same

"fingers in ears"

"Ah-may-ZZZIIIIIING GRAAAACE......"

ScumLord wrote: »
    Is it just me or have flash videos taken to pausing the download when you press pause?

Yup, saving on bandwidth.

most people skip around videos. no point in streaming them a load of content they're not going to watch.

Advertisement