Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fussball Table Repairs?

• 07-08-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

redirected from the Games Forum to here so hopefully someone can help me.

I have a really good fussball table in my garage that has sat there unused for about 6 years. It's a coin operated table that I bought in a charity auction where I was feeling very silly and not thinking things through (it's too big for the house)....

Anyway, the coin mechanism is broken which leads me (eventually) to my question....it's probably a spring or something simple but does anyone have any idea where I could get this repaired?

Also looking for someone/co who could do a general polish up, restore to new overhaul etc.?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Is it a 6 coin sliding mech? Regardless if you remove the mech you should be able to buy a replacement for it. I would imagine it uses a standard mech, same as what would be used in any other housing.

Try Gremlin UK, they might have a replacement. eBay can often source good spares, or perhaps even try Dr. Mario Balotelli's in Dublin, they might have a spare they could sell you if you offer a few quid?

As for the spit and polish job, there's a few lads on here who might be able to help? CathalDublin done a really cool pinball refurb recently and Keith Chegwin, sorry keithgeo, built his own arcade machine. Try asking them perhaps?

Not sure of any specific shops that would deal in refurbs though sorry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You would probably have to refurbish it yourself id say. Have you got any pics of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Some pics attached if that helps anyone with some suggestions? The rust wasn't there prior to being left in the shed but not too worried about that. It's the coin mechanism (very, very stiff) that I really want to get fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Remove the rusted wire and use autosol polish on it(available in any car accessory shop) if the autosol won't remove easily, give it a sand with very fine wet/dry sandpaper and then use autosol to bring to a mirror finish, you could then lacquer it if you think it may rust again.
    The coin mech should be easy enough to fix, I'd remove it, clean with oil and maybe grease the moving parts.
    I'd have a look at the mechanism and anything your unsure of but I wouldn't have the space to actually take the machine and refurbish.

For the main playfield&players I'd clean with a foam cleaner such as ambersil then if its a gloss finish id polish&wax using autoglym super resin polish(because its non abrasive)a carnuba wax(halfords)
    Again I'd clean the rods with autosol.

I would patch test anything your going to use on the main playfield before jumping straight in at it

Advertisement