Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banana thrown at black player in Limerick

• 07-08-2012 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-study-cctv-after-thomond-banana-shame-3190915.html
    GARDAI are confident CCTV footage will help identify the spectator who allegedly threw a banana on to the pitch during Limerick FC's glamour friendly against Manchester City on Sunday night.

Mr Sheahan also said he had "heard rumours that vile racist language was also directed at a number of black Manchester City players" but there was as yet no evidence.

Was anybody at this game? What a disgusting thing to do. I'm really shocked that somebody done this, I always believed when it came to sporting events that no Irish fans didn't/don't take part in racial abuse of this type.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I don't see the peel of that kind of behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That's shocking... throwing away good food when there are so many starving people around the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

That fella started down a slippery slope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Did he eat it in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Hope they throw the book at this prick. Racism is sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Hope they throw the book at this prick. Racism is sick.

I think there's been enough stuff thrown around already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It will be hard to enforce a ban from future Manchester City games for the miscreant unless they put a bouncer outside the door of every pub in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

This isn't the first time either.

I can think of at least fyffe different occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Red_Wake wrote: »
    I don't see the peel of that kind of behaviour.
    jester77 wrote: »
    That's shocking... throwing away good food when there are so many starving people around the world
    Sykk wrote: »
    That fella started down a slippery slope.
    Did he eat it in the end?

yes racism is funny, i'm actually surprised that I was surprised now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Throwing away bananas. Tis a disgrace Joe. They don't grow on trees Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

davet82 wrote: »

Even Clichy himself joked about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sometimes I marvel at humanities potential. The recent Mars landing was a feat of engineering & scientific brilliance, requiring international teamwork & years of dedication all in the name of furthering knowledge pushing back boundaries.

Then you read about this kind of thing. A white man, throwing a piece of fruit at a black man, indirectly insinuating that the black man is a monkey. Well I'm sorry Mr white man, we're all monkeys. Apes in fact. Yes, every single human being on the planet, black, white, asian, short, tall...we're all apes...you fukcing moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

You're right. We shouldn't laugh at this event. We should treat him differently. That wouldn't be ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

yes racism is funny,

Welcome.

You'll go a long way here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soccer forum please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement