Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homepage Issue

Options
  • 07-08-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi folks, I'd greatly appreciate your help for this one. I'm doing a bit of seo for my friend an ran into one issue.

When you type in his website address, it goes to index.html and then instantly redirects to index.php and displays the homepage as xxx.ie/index.php how can I eliminate the redirect and make it link straight to index.php?

I tried deleting index.html from the root folder but then the website wouldn't load...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Squat wrote: »
    When you type in his website address, it goes to index.html and then instantly redirects to index.php and displays the homepage as xxx.ie/index.php how can I eliminate the redirect and make it link straight to index.php?

I tried deleting index.html from the root folder but then the website wouldn't load...

Edit or create the .htaccess file in the root directory and add
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

That should sort you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Squat

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately htaccess did not solve the problem. If I remove the index.html then it doesn't load the index.php and just show the root directory of files from a browser.

Thoughts? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Hi
    Who are you hosting with?
    Is it linux or windows?
    What control panel system?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Squat

The site is hosted with arenaone.net

Online hosting check tool says that it's Microsoft-IIS on Windows 2000.

The problem is that I don't have any access to control panel, I only have ftp address and password so I could upload or download files.

Advertisement