Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shampoo for coloured, dry hair?

• 07-08-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have coloured hair (dark semi-permanent) and would love some recommendations for a decent shampoo and conditioner that will help my dry and broken ends without being too heavy at the roots. My hair is quite fine.

I've been using the Kerastase Resistance range for the past 4 or 5 months on advice of my hairdresser but am really not that impressed.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I like the new loreal sulfate free range, everpure I think is for colour hair, the pink one anyway. I think you're best using a good serum and lighter conditioner if you want a light feeling but good moisturising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I've heard brilliant things about the Naked Collection, have yet to try it myself though. http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/hair-shampoo-conditioner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Absolutely LOVE Aussie!
    I use the coloured matte shampoo and the coloured matte 3 min miracle conditioner.
    It lathers up so well and my hair is so soft after, when before it was quite tangled after washing.
    If the 3 min conditioner is too heavy for you, there is also a regular one.
    The Aussie miracle moist range is also brilliant and smells SO GOOD! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Glowing wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have coloured hair (dark semi-permanent) and would love some recommendations for a decent shampoo and conditioner that will help my dry and broken ends without being too heavy at the roots. My hair is quite fine.

I've been using the Kerastase Resistance range for the past 4 or 5 months on advice of my hairdresser but am really not that impressed.

Thanks in advance!

I love redken extreme shampoo, and mask and always use a revlon colour bomb after conditioning to stop any colour fading. Revlon have a new range of "hydra" range of shampoos they cost €13 and are very good. I find kerastase over priced and not as good as redken (they are both made my loreal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tbh, it's the conditioner that's more important for the overall health of your hair than shampoo. I like really thick ones, comb through the ends of your hair with your fingers, leave in for a good 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Once a week, if you can, leave it in overnight and rinse in the morning.

Unfortunately, if your ends are badly damaged, no shampoo or conditioner in the world can do anything for them, you need to get them chopped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I agree with gingernut125 and Honey-ec as above.

I have dip dyed hair. It's bleached twice this year. I apply semi-permanent dye of my choice every week or fortnightly.

L'Oreal Ever Pure series is really good. It is one of the things that really helped me maintain the health of my hair, or what's left of its health before bleaching.

I use coconut oil as a pre-shampoo treatment once a week. That is a life saver if you have dry ends. I use other hair oils after showering. My current favourite is John Frieda Full Repair Oil. I recently got Extraordinary Oil from L'Oreal on a deal and I surprisingly like it. I got the one that is for all hairs, as the coloured hair one has alcohol in it.

Edited: I use all oils on the length/ends of my hair to not to weigh down the roots.

Redken Extreme range is good if your hair is really damaged. I use the CAT treatment fortnightly.

As for a deep conditioning treatment, I'm still looking. I currently use OSMO Intensive Deep Repair Mask and it's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

sabino wrote: »
    Hi Glowing,

The challenge is to lock in the essential moisture and your conditioner in your hair but that can only be accomplished by using a non-water soluble product that holds them in from shampoo to shampoo. Google "got frizz" and follow the links to a website that will give you all of the information about such a product.

That looks very interesting, you can only order from their website, is that right? It's so popular...my frizz ball would love that!

Advertisement