Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which phones have video-out / HDMI?

• 07-08-2012 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭

I'm on the hunt for a new phone and would really love one that could be connected to a TV via HDMI out. I heard there's also another way of doing it called MHL? :confused:

I'm a bit of a noob, not really sure what I should be looking for.

Any recommendations of phones that can be displayed / mirrored on a TV? Preferably one that would be around the €200 mark, second hand... Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

MHL stands for Mobile High-Definition Link. All new mobiles are supporting it, personally i can say Galaxy S2 and S3 support them and works beautifully for streaming movie or view pictures on TV.

€200 is going to be limited for what you looking for, this considers as a high tech end.

look into this link http://www.appradioworld.com/2012/03/question-which-phones-have-mhl-port.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Thanks for the link. The HTC Sensation is on that list, which I have seen on adverts for less than €200!

Is the Sensation a good phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

So anybody have experience with watching your phone on a TV?!

All I need is one of these right? Would a cheap-o one from ebay be alright?

Micro-USB-to-HDMI-MHL-Adapter6876310310.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Bought one of these for the galaxy s 2 a while back. Works well for pictures videos, netflix doesn't work for sky though.

Advertisement