Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not on Facebook

• 07-08-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I'm not on Facebook and don't see the attraction. People say I'll facebook ya (whatever that means) - the odd individual actually comes back to me in the real world and says I tried to facebook ya and you are not on it as if I am odd for not having a profile.

Is there something wrong with me for not being on Facebook?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

No. It's poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Nothing wrong with it, it's just really common for people to have one.

Also, the people who think it's weird to not have one, clearly have some problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

scholar007 wrote: »
    I'm not on Facebook and don't see the attraction. People say I'll facebook ya (whatever that means) - the odd individual actually comes back to me in the real world and says I tried to facebook ya and you are not on it as if I am odd for not having a profile.

yes...you're a freakazoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Apparently it means you must be a sociopath and/or mass murderer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Congratulations. Not being on Facebook and making a thread about it means you are now officially cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

I have 3 facebook accounts

One for my friends and family

One for my Lady friends

One for my Girlfriend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You should get a blog instead :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I have an account, but I am never on it, it is just not my thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm not on Bebo, the Fonz ain't got nothing on me :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Love these threads!

"I don't have a Facebook......

Oh I know, I'll go onto Boards.ie and let people know that I don't."

Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I have real life friends :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That is only the first step of creating a Facebook. First you're indifferent, next you hate the thought of it, after that curiosity and insecurity grips your soul and you have a quick glance to see what it is like. Then you're addicted to meth.

And that's how you setup a Facebook profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Worrying about if it's normal to have a Facebook account is weirder than not having a Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I won't insult you by questioning your intelligence and problem solving skills. I'm sure you can grasp at what it means.

They want to touch your boobs online, we all know you know what it means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Done last week OP.

The conclusion was as follows.

No FB account = Well rounded, adjusted and likeable.

FB account = Devils children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement