Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another HTPC Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

yea its not a great fan. occasionally it spins up and never seems to slow down again. I wouldn't describe it as a helicopter though.
    my bigger problem at the moment isnt the case, its windows7. I've 3 HDDs in it, and they have decided to... I dunno, index themselves for eternity??? they never shut the feck up anymore :o

I'm considering upgrading my case to a prodigy. I've now got the room for one and I've a spare psu anyway. hmm. that, or an SSD boot drive for it, hopefully to alleviate any HDD sound cause windows is writing data.

edit: the psu fan is difficult to replace, cause its an odd size. iirc its 80mm and 10mm think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

If it's only a HTPC, get this cooler instead.

It's dead silent, have it in my old man's office PC and even when I put my ear up to the case (Fractal 1000) I can't hear it.

Advertisement