Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menstruating while still breastfeeding

• 07-08-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The last month I've been nursing my 4 1/2-month old babygirl at night time only (about 1-2 feeds) and give her formula during the day, as I'm gradually trying to feed her on formula full-time soon.
    I got my period this morning, I guess due to lack of breastmilk demand these days, my body probably thinks I've stopped altogether.

I'd like to start taking contraceptive pills again. Can I do so today or do I have to wait until I'm completely free from breastfeeding?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There are contraceptives available when you are breastfeeding but you will need to speak to your GP. We cannot give medical advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement