Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Co Dublin, Eircom NGB ??

Options
  • 07-08-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering can anyone help me, looking to see is there a ball park date for NGB to be in our area, im in the Newcastle Glebe Est on the Peamount rd.

Working at home is painful with the speeds we have at different times, currently with Vodafone,

Any advice is welcome guys

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Dan82 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering can anyone help me, looking to see is there a ball park date for NGB to be in our area, im in the Newcastle Glebe Est on the Peamount rd.

Working at home is painful with the speeds we have at different times, currently with Vodafone,

Any advice is welcome guys

Dan

Hi Dan82,

I checked the area you mentioned.

PEAMOUNT RD
    NEWCASTLE DUBLIN

The are is serviced by the Rathcoole exchange. That exchange is NGB enabled. However the area is classed as "extended reach" from the exchange. So the distance involved (keep in mind the telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight).

Means the speeds available are between 1-2MB. I checked with the eircom broadband networks team and they advised there is no network / line upgrades planned for the area in the near future that will result in faster speeds being available I'm afraid.

Sorry I could not get back with better news.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Hi,

Thanks for your reply on this, we are in Glebe Square In Newcastle Dublin and currently are getting speeds of 5.6 m, im unsure have they given the correct details here.

The 1-2 speed you have said is far better in the area but the ngb would be great for my work as at busy times i can get nothing done.

Thanks for your reply

Dan

Advertisement