Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600T + H100 Airflow Diagram

Options
  • 07-08-2012 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

Sorry for my appalling MS paint skills but could I get some thoughts on this:

216075.png

I have a real issue with dust - so I want to exhaust though the top as it't not covered. I'll reverse the 120mm rear exhaust fan and cover it with speaker mesh - or I may remove it completely ot its over kill.

The GPU will be an OC'd 7950 dual X so I'm a little worried about where this is going to exhaust - hoping the heat will just rise though the case. Should I install a couple of exhaust fans on the side of my case? I'd rather have the acrylic insert but I didn't get one so the mesh is in there at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Just in case my amazing diagram doesn't give you enough info:

216077.JPG

216078.JPG

216079.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

When I had the h100 in the 600t I couldn't fit the rad and fans in the top of the case. I think it was the ram that caused the problem. I had to mount the fans under the top cover.

Neilos wrote: »
    When I had the h100 in the 600t I couldn't fit the rad and fans in the top of the case. I think it was the ram that caused the problem. I had to mount the fans under the top cover.

Yeah thats where I'd planned to stick them - I quite like that set-up for hoovering it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I ended up removing some of the supports from the top cover because the were sitting on top of the fans and causing some vibration. Have you got the h100 yet? Some of them have issues with the pump where they make a strange grinding noise.

Not yet

• Advertisement

Hmmm got me wondering if I'd be better off with a H80 on intake now with the 200mm top fan on exhaust

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you really don't need those fans on the mesh panel.

use the h100 as exhaust, and the rear fan as exhaust. the only intake you need is that 200mm.

don't worry about temps, ive a 6990 that exhausts 100C+ jet air into mine and it didn't cause any problems at all with temps. I often had the top 200mm fan off entirely to reduce noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Amazing how spacious & neat your pc interior is compared to my 500t with macho hr-02 cooler installed. To add to my woes I don't have a modular PSU either. Would be embarassed to show pics of my messy interior :o

You should see the back of it! I'm not a fan of modular PSUs if I'm honest - because of the amount of HDDs I use and I use SLI as I get to EOL of GPUs you just end up with the same amount of bloody cables - I have to say the way the 600T is laid out is brilliant though - so much room to hide a multitude of sins!

Advertisement