Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Connection Issues

• 07-08-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anybody else having connection issues over the last 2 days? All day yesterday until about 6pm my net was constantly dropping or else crawling along when it was connected. Worked fine then for the rest of the night but same again as soon as i logged on this morning. Im in the Rathfarnham area.

Cheers,

Dec.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yeah, same here, quite close to you, in Firhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

You ring UPC to see if they are having any faults in the area?similar thing happenned to me in Clondalkin last week and after much frustration I gave in and rang them and the girl in customer support said they were experiencing a major fault in my area.Service was back to normal the next morning and has been perfect since.

Free to ring them on 1908 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Couldnt ring them yesterday as the phone was down also. Phone seems to be back now so will give them a call.

Thanks,

Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Are you still getting this issue OP? Im also in Firhouse and getting dropping all the time. I work from home so it can be very frustrating when it drops in the middle of a download.

I also posted earlier that I have 50mb BB and am only ever getting 20mb speed thru any of the wireless connections. How's your speed in Rathfarnham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

loup wrote: »
    Are you still getting this issue OP? Im also in Firhouse and getting dropping all the time. I work from home so it can be very frustrating when it drops in the middle of a download.

I also posted earlier that I have 50mb BB and am only ever getting 20mb speed thru any of the wireless connections. How's your speed in Rathfarnham?

i pay for 30mb broadband and only get 18 - 20 mb over wireless...
    if you connect with an Ethernet cable you'll get your full 50mb
    BTW the epc3925 has a crap wireless signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

mark17j wrote: »
    i pay for 30mb broadband and only get 18 - 20 mb over wireless...
    if you connect with an Ethernet cable you'll get your full 50mb
    BTW the epc3925 has a crap wireless signal.

Hiya thanks for that, you mean connect laptop directly to the modem with an ethernet cable? Bypassing the wireless?

Yes the EPC3925 has awful signal, Im only at 2 bars. I might be better off replacing with my own wireless modem? Any suggestions? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

loup wrote: »
    Hiya thanks for that, you mean connect laptop directly to the modem with an ethernet cable? Bypassing the wireless?

Yes the EPC3925 has awful signal, Im only at 2 bars. I might be better off replacing with my own wireless modem? Any suggestions? :-)

Cant just be replaced, need to add an AP or "bridge" as per the guide.

Advertisement