Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if we met life on mars and we were the intelligent ones...

Options
  • 07-08-2012 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

The media seems to be all about the mars rover at the moment and the new pictures from mars are being released to the public. Its freaking amazing that they are pictures from another planet a different world. so it got me thinking what if we did happen to meet another lifeforms on another planet and we were more technology advanced , would we share our technology with them, take them to earth or what would happen???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

No, its against the prime directive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

The media seems to be all about the mars rover at the moment and the new pictures from mars are being released to the public. Its freaking amazing that they are pictures from another planet a different world. so it got me thinking what if we did happen to meet another lifeforms on another planet and we were more technology advanced , would we share our technology with them, take them to earth or what would happen???

We take the natural resources and then kill them for having different beliefs it's how we roll

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

We can barely share technology amoung nations, we sure as hell wouldnt be sharing it with them unless there was some serious coin involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Anal Probing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Kill them just to be on the safe side I reckon. You HAVE seen Independence Day/Star Ship troopers ect haven't you. Those ****ers would kill you the first chance they get. Kill em all!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We'd probably call them thickos and poke them with sticks, or sell them ghost estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Exploit them for our own benefit. That seems to be human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I'd give them Mars bars and tell them they 'help you to work, rest and play'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Depends on if they had any decent natural resources I imagine... money talks.
    Look at what happened to the native Indians in America when the technologically more advanced Europeans colonized it.

But more than likely, there would be very strict quarantine rules to avoid any cross-contamination of either planet.
    Even probes like Curiosity have strict controls to avoid contaminating Mars with earth microbes.

I wonder would female aliens make good lovers..:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

...if they are to be more tech savvy than us I don't think there's a whole lot on our little planet that they'd need nor want so there's just no need for contact.

As far as studying us as beings goes there is nothing they couldn't learn from the TV signals we've been beaming out into space for years...although as soon as they caught a glimpse of TV3 they'd probably piss their intergalactic pant's laughing at those earth thicko's and turn right the fcuk around in the other direction:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

BBQ them, grill them, boil them, oven roast with a little honey and some cloves.

There are loads of things we could do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's highly unlikely we'd be more intelligent so the situation won't arise.

I for for one want to wish our new more intelligent neighbors a warm welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Roadend wrote: »
    No, its against the prime directive

You mean the prime directive that results in you ALWAYS INTERFERING.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

By the time we could get to another planet we'd have no need for they're resources. We would more than likely just study them as it could be a valuable insight into the development of intelligent species.

Either that or we could find a local to speak on our behalf. We would probably pick the stupidest most intoxicated guy we can find, tell him everything in detail and then fall around laughing as he tries to explain it to the rest of his planet from his cardboard box and tinfoil hat. It's what they did to us those alien bastards!

Say if we discovered an alien on mars that was very similar to a cow or a sheep. Would we be expected to try and communicate with it or would we just eat it straight away.

How embarrassing in the worlds history would it be if we had footage of the US president doing a live link up with a sheep on Mars.

"It is my honor to introduce myself to your race and firstly say....
    "Baahhhhhhh!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

CJC999 wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely we'd be more intelligent so the situation won't arise.

I for for one want to wish our new more intelligent neighbors a warm welcome.

...there are ~500 million stars in our galaxy and best guestimates are that there are as many galaxies too - it is highly likely that there are many higher civ's out there

edit - yeak your post reads wrong - i fink you missed a comma somewhere im confuzed:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Bloody martians coming over here, taking our jobs and women? nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

You mean the prime directive that results in you ALWAYS INTERFERING.

Well the episodes would have been really rubbish had they just packed up and fécked off back to star based 175653132132132131321321321321321ABC every time it came up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ScumLord wrote: »
    By the time we could get to another planet we'd have no need for they're resources.

Not so sure about that... the recycled water on board would probably be approaching 100% urine by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

I wonder would female aliens make good lovers..:confused:

Would they have 3 breasts:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Enda and his girlfriends in the E.U. would bring in some sort of tax for them..

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wipe out the population to a manageable size then enslave them for natural resources extraction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

Its the only way to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Lyaiera wrote: »
    BBQ them, grill them, boil them, oven roast with a little honey and some cloves.

There are loads of things we could do with them.

I just realised I missed an opportunity to say, "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Punch the head off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Want some candy?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

CSU wrote: »
    ...there are ~500 million stars in our galaxy and best guestimates are that there are as many galaxies too - it is highly likely that there are many higher civ's out there ;)
    That's still an assumption. It's likely that only a particular part of a galaxy could produce a habitable zone.

The moon has also been instrumental in the development of life on earth so simply having an earth sized planet the right distance from a sun may not be enough.

Going by the history of this planet the human race is simply bizarre. We were a fluke that almost never happened. It's also likely drug use played a big part in our development from any other animal into a sentient being. If they don't have drugs on their planet any life that forms may never get to our level.

It seems highly likely that there is life out there but sentient life is such a long shot it could be very, very, very rare rather than an inevitable outcome of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Would they have 3 breasts:cool:

You make me wish I had three hands.

Advertisement