Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We can't quote you because you sound English

Options
  • 07-08-2012 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

My wife recieved an interesting call from Eircom Sales the other day.

They rang trying to get us to go back to them.

We're big Vodafone fans and have found them very good so she told the rep that he had his work cut out but give it his best shot.

Half way through the call the guy changed his mind and told her that because she sounded English (and she is) that it was against policy (or ofcom, or something) to go any further with the quote.

Are Eircom turning away English people now?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Seeing as English people have a constitutional right to being treated 'as Irish' that is an outrageous piece of racism TBH. There are 100's of 1000's of UK citizens in Ireland.

I'd complain to Comreg direct about this all if I were you. They are our so called regulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Highly doubt this is Eircom policy - an Eircom individual may have got stroppy because he was getting nowhere with a vodafone fan. The call is posssibly recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

My wife recieved an interesting call from Eircom Sales the other day.

They rang trying to get us to go back to them.

We're big Vodafone fans and have found them very good so she told the rep that he had his work cut out but give it his best shot.

Half way through the call the guy changed his mind and told her that because she sounded English (and she is) that it was against policy (or ofcom, or something) to go any further with the quote.

Hi ChrisJefferies,

I an very sorry to hear about the manner in which your wife was spoken to by the agent in eircom.

I can assure you that this not standard practice. eircom strive to make sure that any customer / potential customers are treated with the same level of courtesy and respect.

If you would like to PM your details Name, address, time of the call & agents name if you have it we can investigate with the agents manager directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

so racism and discrimination :(

Advertisement