Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 3 screen uniformity and edge bleeding issues

• 07-08-2012 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that this has gotten much more apparent on my iPad 3 screen more recently. I thought I was seeing things but no, it's there. I'm not sure if I'm still under my 90 day warranty or whatever it is but I'd like to get in contact with Apple about it. Thing is, finding the right email address with them is kind of annoying so if someone could throw the right one at me it would be great.

Also, is there any app or screen shot I could download and post here that would show up the flaws better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've noticed that this has gotten much more apparent on my iPad 3 screen more recently. I thought I was seeing things but no, it's there. I'm not sure if I'm still under my 90 day warranty or whatever it is but I'd like to get in contact with Apple about it. Thing is, finding the right email address with them is kind of annoying so if someone could throw the right one at me it would be great.

Also, is there any app or screen shot I could download and post here that would show up the flaws better?

Go to apple.ie an under support you will find how to get in touch with Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

1ZRed wrote: »

Pretty sure you have a full years warranty on it, not 90 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

barryd09 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you have a full years warranty on it, not 90 days!

90 day free phone support, after wards you have to pay for it (i think). Plus they are more likely to replace if you are under 90 days.

My iPhone4S is gone back to apple for the same reason, a 'shadow' on the screen which got more apparent the more i used it. Haven't got anything back yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I didn't get around to getting into contact with Apple about the screen that time because I figured I'd live with it, but now it's progressively gotten worse where I can notice the edge bleed at low screen brightness levels and sometimes there can be a slight yellow and even pink hue after unlocking it, though rarely enough. It's not hugely noticeable or quite as bad as I'm making it out to be but it's annoying enough to draw your attention to it.

So I'm thinking I should sort it out this time, but I'm not to sure how this goes. Do I get a refurbished iPad or does mine get fixed?

And with the iPad 3 discontinued, what effect would that have? I'm hoping iPad 4 upgrade but that's highly unlikely :D

Advertisement