Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #82

Options
  • 07-08-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band|Album|Votes
    Soundgarden|Superunknown|4
    Type O Negative|Bloody Kisses|3
    Kiss|Alive II|2

Here is The Day I Tried to Live from the winning album:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

What an album,definately Top 10 for me.

It spawned their biggest hit Black Hole Sun which I have a new found love for since seeing them in Hyde Park. I had seen SG in Madrid in May and tbh it wasnt the greatest of gigs, they just seemed to be going through the motions. It looked to be heading the same way at Hyde Park until they played BHS. Just before it started to piss rain they played it and it just turned the whole gig around.

Stand out track for me is the crushing 4th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Loved this when it came out. Their earlier albums I liked but this blew me away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Completely missed this vote but this is the album that would've got it. Fantastic album and tbh i'd forgotten how good it was until recently when i gave it a few spins ahead of seeing them live. The video from BHS still ranks as one of the funniest/weirdest videos i've seen.:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Yeah, love this album, some great memories attached to it. Been ages since I've listened to it, I must stick it on at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to say Soundgarden are another one of those bands who never quite did it for me. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't dislike them and they have their moments - Jesus Christ Pose and of course Black Hole Sun come to mind straight away but the rest of their stuff never seemed to grab me the way that it did many other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Malice wrote: »
    I have to say Soundgarden are another one of those bands who never quite did it for me. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't dislike them and they have their moments - Jesus Christ Pose and of course Black Hole Sun come to mind straight away but the rest of their stuff never seemed to grab me the way that it did many other people.

I have the same feeling about them, I can recognise the appeal but I've never really gotten into them or had an urge to.

Advertisement