If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YAMAHA AV EXCLUSIVE BOARDIE DEALS!

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Raffeal wrote: »
    Thanks John,

Always interested in a deal, I read that the bx5s shouldn't be backed against a wall, that's exactly what I plan on doing, do you think it's a problem? If I get them the plan is to put them under the tv at it's left and right margin.

One of the things I liked about DM1s is that they're suited to being wall mounted, I know that's the same with the apex units so it could be a runner. Do you have options on the newer MASS system?

Let me know what you find out.

Raff

Raff,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - yep I would not put the BX5's tight up against a wall ( to be honest I wouldn't put pretty much any speaker tight against a wall) as this can cause the bass to be uncontrolled - the BX5 are front and rear ported so they are not a complete disaster close to a wall but I would still prefer to see them at least 4 inches out from the wall (this will also allow you to get the positioning 'toe-in' angle correct for your seating position as well).

Again a lot depends on what type of wall your speakers will be up against - if its a solid wall it will have very little effect on the acoustics - however if it's a stud wall it can really make the bass sound like its overblown or less controlled.

The Mass system is really a stunner and has just received an amazing 5 star review from What Hi-Fi - however stock is really tight at the moment (we can do the satellites but we are not expecting any more subs until post Christmas)
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/mass

Again give me a shout if you would like some other package pricing options,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

No Problem John, thanks for getting back to me.

The BX5's aren't an option then, it's a partition wall and 4 inches out from the wall and I'd be blocking the door.

The TV is wall mounted and the door is to it's left as you look at it, the door opens up onto the side of the tv there's room to spare but not so much that I could put in floor standing speakers away from the wall.

I'll have to stick with compacts so, what can you do on a post Christmas MASS system? I'm assuming you can't get the DM1s so I'd like to hear what an APex set up with a Yamaha AV would cost too. I'll pay before Christmas fro a new year deliver if you can guarantee a Boardie price:)

Raff

John,

I've read the reviews and think I'll go with the Yamaha 673 and the MASS system, can you quote me delivery to Dublin with cable and wall mounts if they're needed.

Raff

Bump,

John, I'm keen to buy this side of Christmas, can you let me know what the options are price wise.

Raff

John,

I've read the reviews and think I'll go with the Yamaha 673 and the MASS system, can you quote me delivery to Dublin with cable and wall mounts if they're needed.

Raff

Raff,

apologies for the delay getting back to you..

The RXV673 with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 system is £999.95 and we will don delivery included in that price.

If you wanted to add the dedicated Monitor Audio brackets they are £29.95 / pair and I would recommend the Cambridge Audio Ultra Micro Cable which is normally £2.49/mtr - I'll do this less 25% if you are purchasing this as part of a system..

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and please drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

John,

Thanks for getting back to me, I saw that price on the richersounds.co.uk site, was checking if there was a special Boardies deal.

I've just read on the forums that the 673 won't really support my second sub, do you have any Aventage line left in the same price range. I want to step up a bit from my old system so don't want to be underpowered.

I'll certainly take you up on the stands and cable recommendations, I know you're probably up to your eyes today so give me a shout with options when you can and I'll sort our payment.

Raff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Do you have any of the Yamaha RX-A3010 left in stock?

Bump!

Know you guys are busy up there have been trying to get in touch with the shop. Can you let me know what my options are with the Aventage line, I heard you have 810 and 1010 units in stock, do you have other options?

Raff

John,

Thanks for getting back to me, I saw that price on the richersounds.co.uk site, was checking if there was a special Boardies deal.

I've just read on the forums that the 673 won't really support my second sub, do you have any Aventage line left in the same price range. I want to step up a bit from my old system so don't want to be underpowered.

I'll certainly take you up on the stands and cable recommendations, I know you're probably up to your eyes today so give me a shout with options when you can and I'll sort our payment.

Raff

Bump!

Know you guys are busy up there have been trying to get in touch with the shop. Can you let me know what my options are with the Aventage line, I heard you have 810 and 1010 units in stock, do you have other options?

Raff

Raff,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - it's always a bit bonkers for the 1st few days of the sale so apologies again..

We have just one RXA810 left which is our ex-display unit that we have to clear at £399.95 - alternatively we have the RXA820 at £799.95 (has an option for 2 subs)

Have a look at the full manual here: http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=uk.yamaha.com&asset_id=55285

Again apologies for the delay getting back to you and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

Best regards,

Joh Mc & Crew

Thanks John,

Really appreciate it, know you guys are busy.

I think I'll go with the 810, I don't need airplay or 4k. What would the total price be with wall mounts and cable?

Alan

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Hi

Have you any of the Yamaha RXV473 AV Receiver with NSP80 5.1 Speaker Pack left ?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Have you any of the Yamaha RXV473 AV Receiver with NSP80 5.1 Speaker Pack left ?

Hi Moral.

At the moment I do not have any stock on the 473 left. Our warehouse is also out of stock and at present I do not have an incoming date on more.

I'm not too sure what the NSP80 speakers are as this is not a version that we have stocked?

We do stock the NSP20 priced at £129.95

Might there be another amp that would suit your needs?

I'd really like to purchase the deal you where doing on the amp and the speakers together, the second deal on the thread

Is this deal still active ?

Hi Moral.

At the moment I do not have any stock on the 473 left. Our warehouse is also out of stock and at present I do not have an incoming date on more.

I'm not too sure what the NSP80 speakers are as this is not a version that we have stocked?

We do stock the NSP20 priced at £129.95

Might there be another amp that would suit your needs?

Hi Moral.

The original post was way way back in August so I would need to check if we can honour the deal still.

The speakers are indeed the NSP20 and not NSP80, this seems to be a spelling mistake :(

I'll check on the deal and revert back ASAP :D

Thanks a million, didn't realise that the deal was from August, only copped that now

Hi Moral.

The original post was way way back in August so I would need to check if we can honour the deal still.

The speakers are indeed the NSP20 and not NSP80, this seems to be a spelling mistake :(

I'll check on the deal and revert back ASAP :D

AV and speakers ordered, thanks to John and Chris for putting a great package deal together for me.

Could I ask what deal and how much, am interested myself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Could I ask what deal and how much, am interested myself ?

Also interested here, any chance of a new deal guys?

patch wrote: »
    Also interested here, any chance of a new deal guys?
    If you want to let me know which products you are after I can see what kind of deals we can come up with as there are a few different Yamaha packages listed on our main website.

If you want to let me know which products you are after I can see what kind of deals we can come up with as there are a few different Yamaha packages listed on our main website.
    Thanks Kenny, I actually PM'd John today.
    He is arranging a phone call for me, which I guess will be tomorrow at this stage.

• Advertisement

He is arranging a phone call for me, which I guess will be tomorrow at this stage.

No worries at all :D

Hi Kenny

I'm looking for the same sort of package that was in the original deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

patch wrote: »
    Hi Patch. I believe that John has asked me to call you which I did yesterday. The call was answered and I could not hear anyone on the other end. I have left a message for you on your voicemail this morning as well. Hopefully we will catch up soon. ATB, Dave.

Am I invisible here ;-)

Hi Patch. I believe that John has asked me to call you which I did yesterday. The call was answered and I could not hear anyone on the other end. I have left a message for you on your voicemail this morning as well. Hopefully we will catch up soon. ATB, Dave.

Didn't mean to sound rude in my last post, but I'd like a price on the original deal that I've already asked about

Thanks
    Am I invisible here ;-)

Hi Moralproduction.

Apologies for missing your last post.

At the moment we only have our display set of the NSP20 speakers in stock and I think they are now finished with no more stock arriving. I could offer the display set for £100

Its hard to try and get a deal like before as the 473 was originally priced at £339.95 when it was released.

The RXV473 is priced at £279.00 but we currently have no stock in the building.

So I could offer the original price of £369.95 for the 473 and display set of NSP20's. (NSP20's are in excellent condition as they have never been connected up or used).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi guys,

Looking for an AV receiver + speaker set up myself, something 3D compatible, needs at least 4 HDMI connections. Budget is £300 but can stretch a bit if there's something worthwhile stretching for?

Hi Moralproduction.

Apologies for missing your last post.

At the moment we only have our display set of the NSP20 speakers in stock and I think they are now finished with no more stock arriving. I could offer the display set for £100

Its hard to try and get a deal like before as the 473 was originally priced at £339.95 when it was released.

The RXV473 is priced at £279.00 but we currently have no stock in the building.

So I could offer the original price of £369.95 for the 473 and display set of NSP20's. (NSP20's are in excellent condition as they have never been connected up or used).
    whats the best deal you can do for me on the 473 and the monitor audio vector 5.1 package in black with delivery to dublin ?

also apart from the airplay would i notice the difference between the 473 and the 373

the ability to be able to still use the tv remote for turning up and down the volume is a must though ?

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Looking for an AV receiver + speaker set up myself, something 3D compatible, needs at least 4 HDMI connections. Budget is £300 but can stretch a bit if there's something worthwhile stretching for?

Draffodx,

Apologies for the delayed response & the best deal out there at the moment is without doubt the Onkyo HTS4505 system - it's really amazing value at just £299.95 / €369.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts4505/onky-hts4505

It's 3D ready with 4 HDMI inputs and a wealth of other analogue and digital inputs - at the moment it's £100 off and its flying! - if you wanted one delivered it would be £12.95 / €15.99 for delivery and we have them in stock ready to ship at the moment..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.