Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guards and tehir holidays

• 07-08-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

what I am really wondering about is the efficiency of the system. A while back I was queuing for something simple like a stamp or signature on a passport application. there were only two people in front of me, but it took an hour. the guard on the desk cleared off and did not come back for 40 mins. could they not mange to have two guards on the desk, especially in an urban station? if you have to deal with the guards then you need plenty of time on your hands.woe betide he who does not bring his own pen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Joe duffy?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Fuinseog wrote: »
    There was a caller on Joe Duffy.

I'm sorry, but this is no different to starting your post with 'I just made this up...'.

Although, I did recently have to contact the gardai about a road traffic accident and was told the garda in question couldn't speak to me because he was on his break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Joe duffy?:rolleyes:

He's well regarded in these parts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I was confused there for a minute cos I thought you were referring to these:

Gourds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

There was a caller on Joe Duffy last week saying that he was involved in a road traffic accident. when the case came to court two years later, the guard in question was on holiday so the judge dismissed the case.

it reminded me of when a mate of mine had to get in touch with a guard, but was told he had to wait two weeks as the guard was on holiday. after the two weeks he contacted the station to be told he was on duty but not at the station. then the guard was off duty. it took a month to have something relatively simple dealt with.

I do not begrudge them holidays and obviously they have to go on holidays at some stage but does everything really have to really on one person?

They are the reason this country is in the **** it is! no one else and Joe will agree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

They're on tour following Swedish House Mafia around Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Thinly veiled garda praising thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

Whats the weather like in Tehir?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

ArthurG wrote: »
    I was confused there for a minute cos I thought you were referring to these:

Gourds

WON'T 'AGGLE?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What the hell are 'tehir holidays'? Is tehir like some new religion? Are you complaining about people taking work off for religious holidays?

If so, you're racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Keno 92 wrote: »
    What the hell are 'tehir holidays'? .

if it's meant to be "their" there is such thing as prove reading before posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

MOH wrote: »

Looks great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

There was a caller on Joe Duffy last week saying that he was involved in a road traffic accident. when the case came to court two years later, the guard in question was on holiday so the judge dismissed the case.

it reminded me of when a mate of mine had to get in touch with a guard, but was told he had to wait two weeks as the guard was on holiday. after the two weeks he contacted the station to be told he was on duty but not at the station. then the guard was off duty. it took a month to have something relatively simple dealt with.

I do not begrudge them holidays and obviously they have to go on holidays at some stage but does everything really have to really on one person?

Ok....time to dust off this song for ANOTHER Guard bashing thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

mtjm wrote: »

Have you any proof that works? I think the whole judicial system is a bit skew ways as my one and only day being in court, the amount of cases the Judge suspended and put back for another date was shocking. Then he was dealing with cases previously suspended and even some back into court for the 4th or 5th time some due to Guards not being available the others.... haven't a clue couldn't understand the jargon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Whats the weather like in Tehir?

you left out an apostrophe so do not claim better written English.

Plazaman wrote: »
    Have you any proof that works? I think the whole judicial system is a bit skew ways as my one and only day being in court, the amount of cases the Judge suspended and put back for another date was shocking. Then he was dealing with cases previously suspended and even some back into court for the 4th or 5th time some due to Guards not being available the others.... haven't a clue couldn't understand the jargon.

everything seems to go to court here. other countries seem to have on the spot fines issued by the Gardai and litter wardens.

mtjm wrote: »

You left out the full stop at the end of your sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Tehir

The Tehir are the various tribes of nomadic people that dwell in the Sea of Fire. Usually human, they have adapted to the harsh conditions of the desert, migrating from oasis to oasis. They are known to herd goats and yierkas.

I can't say I've ever seen any nomadic garda with goats:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask in Garda forum OP. We are closed for garda threads today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement